DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Not as I had hoped

EETWiz

Reactions
Today wasn’t a good day.

51c97f2ac11eda28b9b8f0ee2a4ee8de.jpg

Can you elaborate? It sounds like you didn't get in the air at all. What were the conditions at the time? Have you previously had any kind of incidents, jars, bumps? Assuming this was not a first flight and you've flown with no issues before, right?

Can you elaborate? It sounds like you didn't get in the air at all. What were the conditions at the time? Have you previously had any kind of incidents, jars, bumps? Assuming this was not a first flight and you've flown with no issues before, right?

Sorry for the vagueness. I crashed it have a small crack on the body. Structurally it looks good. Just won’t get past a “preparing....” mode.

As soon as i read that report I knew it was a drone that had already crashed, your going to need a new motherboard because even if its just the IMU that is compromised, there going to push for the new board.

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly your Mini 2 in the Rain / Snow

Jumping on it tomorrow. It really can ruin a fun day.

True. Glad I got the refresh. I’ll have to play with the Tello until I’m back online.
It would be interesting to know if they might offer you to apply that money to pay for a new Mother board to a new Air 2,. I have been wondering if that is possible .

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly your Air 2 in the Rain / Snow

Figured I'd buy a 2nd one to use while the other one gets fixed. I've got the bug now.

Figured I'd buy a 2nd one to use while the other one gets fixed. I've got the bug now.
That's always been my approach! That way, you always have a back up bird, while one is in the shop!
It would be interesting to know if they might offer you to apply that money to pay for a new Mother board to a new Air 2,. I have been wondering if that is possible .

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly your Air 2 in the Rain / Snow
Isn't that how it all actually works, anyway? They give you a quote for repair, and if you pay the quote, they send you a new aircraft, rather than actually repairing your original aircraft. Same with Refresh. Pay the deductible, and you get a new aircraft.

Reactions: Xvtownboy
That's always been my approach! That way, you always have a back up bird, while one is in the shop!

Isn't that how it all actually works, anyway? They give you a quote for repair, and if you pay the quote, they send you a new aircraft, rather than actually repairing your original aircraft. Same with Refresh. Pay the deductible, and you get a new aircraft.

They let you replace it but typically that has to be because it’s a manufacturer defect. In the process of submitting a request, it tells you to choose if it’s a problem with the aircraft or user error. This was clearly user error.

They provided me with a shipping label and instructions on how to send them my drone.

Luckily I’m juggling two, well paid, full-time jobs from home. In the IT world that’s called double dipping. Shhhhh!!!!

Reactions: ReggieDroner
I was charged $98 to fix my drone. Imagine my surprise when I received it in the mail today and it was actually a brand new drone. All of the stickers that I put on it were gone and were replaced with the stickers you see when you open a new box. All in all it was a very good experience.

Reactions: ReggieDroner
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
espinafre