DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Not bad price on Mavi 2P

I'm not sure where you are seeing the Smart Controller. That link is the M2P with standard controller.

Your Gearbest price is £1142 with normal controller not smart controller then you will have vat and customs.Because of lipo battery it will probably be spotted and you will have minimum of 20% vat + £228.40 makes cheap drone now £1370.40 .
Drones direct UK £1099 normal controller
DJI store £1349 normal controller
£1599 smart controller

If any one in UK has already done this please add your comment as we are all looking for a bargain

gearbest sucks. big time. ultimately. a deceiving lying store that sells items while out of stock and then makes you wait for weeks with false promises. do NOT support them.
and, only way to get money back from them is to open a paypal dispute and escalate as otherwise they keep feeding you BS like 'our financial team will need to meet and approve your request for a refund'. yeah, right...

Reactions: Inspirephil
gearbest sucks. big time. ultimately. a deceiving lying store that sells items while out of stock and then makes you wait for weeks with false promises. do NOT support them.
and, only way to get money back from them is to open a paypal dispute and escalate as otherwise they keep feeding you BS like 'our financial team will need to meet and approve your request for a refund'. yeah, right...
Have used Gearbest for over 3 years never ever a problem.Maybe 3 weeks to get delivered but i know that when ordering.

I had a similar experience with Banggood. Sold me a defective racer quad. ESC burned up the second I plugged in the lipo. All they could offer was 50% back, or replacement item, but I would have to pay $30 to ship it back to China. I chose the first option and took the 50%, but I will likely never buy from a Chinese retailer again. Too risky and there are plenty of US -based retailers that are becoming much more competitive. I'd rather spend the extra $10 and know my item will get to me and have a human to speak to if something goes wrong.

I would recommend avoiding Gearbest and Banggood.

I had a similar experience with Banggood. Sold me a defective racer quad. ESC burned up the second I plugged in the lipo. All they could offer was 50% back, or replacement item, but I would have to pay $30 to ship it back to China. I chose the first option and took the 50%, but I will likely never buy from a Chinese retailer again. Too risky and there are plenty of US -based retailers that are becoming much more competitive. I'd rather spend the extra $10 and know my item will get to me and have a human to speak to if something goes wrong.

I would recommend avoiding Gearbest and Banggood.
i was ordering a ton from banggood, then tried gearbest, and eventually stopped using any of them. alibaba - in usa goes as aliexpress.com - is a bit better as you deal there with individual sellers and you can actually communicate with those folks and sort stuff out. both first ones - gearbest and banggood are like darn black holes with trained robots instead of support and if god forbid anything goes wrong you can kiss your money good bye. in the end it just became counterproductive to waste time to either get a broken or damaged goods, deal with the returns, conversations with support that take weeks of idiotic requests - they simply enforced a business model that prohibits any reimbursement and complicates this process to the max. 3-4 years ago it was the only place to get stuff i wanted, but, nowadays a ton of those things are available at amazon prime and i switched to it as i do not have to deal with those ludicrous conversations and wait for a banggood CFO to sign off a $3.50 return amount for a lost order that i have waited for 1.5 months as they keep saying 'wait more' as they are 'issuing an inquiry to a shipping team department for an investigation'. yes, i am quite fed up with them... and last thing with my M2P order - i waited for 3 weeks on constant idiotic responses from their support that lied twice about shipping date and 'out of stock' responses. no way, no more, never... my damaged nerves cost more than any possible $ benefit from their 'deals'.

i was ordering a ton from banggood, then tried gearbest, and eventually stopped using any of them. alibaba - in usa goes as aliexpress.com - is a bit better as you deal there with individual sellers and you can actually communicate with those folks and sort stuff out. both first ones - gearbest and banggood are like darn black holes with trained robots instead of support and if god forbid anything goes wrong you can kiss your money good bye. in the end it just became counterproductive to waste time to either get a broken or damaged goods, deal with the returns, conversations with support that take weeks of idiotic requests - they simply enforced a business model that prohibits any reimbursement and complicates this process to the max. 3-4 years ago it was the only place to get stuff i wanted, but, nowadays a ton of those things are available at amazon prime and i switched to it as i do not have to deal with those ludicrous conversations and wait for a banggood CFO to sign off a $3.50 return amount for a lost order that i have waited for 1.5 months as they keep saying 'wait more' as they are 'issuing an inquiry to a shipping team department for an investigation'. yes, i am quite fed up with them... and last thing with my M2P order - i waited for 3 weeks on constant idiotic responses from their support that lied twice about shipping date and 'out of stock' responses. no way, no more, never... my damaged nerves cost more than any possible $ benefit from their 'deals'.

Yep I know your pain. My go to for everything quad related now is racedayquads. Great shop down in Florida. Prices are great and it only takes 2-3 days to get to my house. I'll gladly spend a little more to get my products on time. Their customer service is top notch too.

I have purchased many things from these guys and they were professional and business like. Not sure how the price compares for guys states side, but seeing how it appears to have the Smart Control the price seems reasonable.

https://www.gearbest.com/rc-quadcop...ial_190131_1548924280_k15&eo=BWVBXGQ5DEI63JCH
Looking at the add, for one, they have the zoom listed 30 dollars cheaper than the Pro.
Second, in the box where you select the model it states "DJI Mavic 2 Pro Only". The "only" tells me there is no controller or accessories possibly not even a battery... If that is so, not such a great deal.

Looking at the add, for one, they have the zoom listed 30 dollars cheaper than the Pro.
Second, in the box where you select the model it states "DJI Mavic 2 Pro Only". The "only" tells me there is no controller or accessories possibly not even a battery... If that is so, not such a great deal.
It lists further down the page contents and you get everything.

In addition to the above; I stand corrected on several points, and reading the replies, it seems obvious I should have been more judicious in my recommendation and posted link. Please accept my apologies, and I shall be much more prudent from now on. Thanks for the thoughtful, considered responses.

Reactions: deleted member 877
I buy a load of stuff from Aliexpress, and was tempted when I saw their prices on the Mavics... But then I realised that there's a very high chance of getting hit for duties upon arrival, and that coupled with the sketchy nature of how warranties would be effected by buying from them put me off.

Still a great place to get fake Lego though. Someone told me.

As everyone else has already pointed out all of the Chinese distributors are difficult (at best!!) to purchase anything drone related from. Shipping times, refund policies (if any?) makes it not worth the limited savings I would get if or when I order from them. I have been burnt enough times from these “so called” discount stores that whenever possible I stick to purchasing from USA based companies.
The really unfortunate thing is that most of the drone companies for either the drone itself or any accessories that we need as sUAV pilots are mainly based overseas. Hopefully more USA/European based companies will step up and offer us more as time goes on. But as everyone knows it’s not the case currently and I sure hope it changes in the near future. ;)

I buy a load of stuff from Aliexpress, and was tempted when I saw their prices on the Mavics... But then I realised that there's a very high chance of getting hit for duties upon arrival, and that coupled with the sketchy nature of how warranties would be effected by buying from them put me off.

Still a great place to get fake Lego though. Someone told me.
My sentiments exactly! :)

Now come on... Don't flower it, tell us how you really feel about them. :)

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Suilven