DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Not Enough Force/ESC Error

Hopefully CARE will kick in with the data provided, without the drone. Good luck. Let us know, please.

Reactions: Passap72
Very interested in what happens here. My M2Z had a couple of "Not Enough Force" errors in a recent flight (no crash, didn't even notice until I checked the notifications after the flight).

Very interested in what happens here. My M2Z had a couple of "Not Enough Force" errors in a recent flight (no crash, didn't even notice until I checked the notifications after the flight).
The error as such doesn't mean that your AC had a similar incident & root cause as the OP ... the NotEnoughForce usually mean that the FC want more force/revs but doesn't get it, can be numerous of reasons for that error. Without the flight logs no conclusions can be drawn.

The error as such doesn't mean that your AC had a similar incident & root cause as the OP ... the NotEnoughForce usually mean that the FC want more force/revs but doesn't get it, can be numerous of reasons for that error. Without the flight logs no conclusions can be drawn.

Yup understood. If anyone has the time, my logs are at Not Enough Force Logs. Sorry for the thread derail.

DJI Support Team after reviewed all flight data decided to close this case by sending replacement Mavic 2 Pro free of charge due to malfunction.
My Mavic 2 Pro warranty replacement arrived on Monday, so I had a chance to took my virgin flight already and is just good to be in the air again.

Last edited:
DJI Support Team after reviewed all flight data decided to close this case by sending replacement Mavic 2 Pro free of charge due to malfunction.
My Mavic 2 Pro warranty replacement arrived on Monday, so I had a chance to took my virgin flight already and is just good to in the air again.
Great to hear a happy ending.

Reactions: Passap72
My Mavic 2 Pro crashed last week and the logs also showed the "Not Enough Force/ESC Error". I was flying an automated Pix4D Capture flight at 115' when the app showed it going off course with plenty of battery. This aircraft was less than two weeks old. Could someone help me decipher whether it was a prop, motor, or ESC failure? I'm hoping, of course, that this will be a warranty issue. Log is attached.

Attachments

• DJIFlightRecord_2021-05-18_[16-52-11].txt
    1.7 MB · Views: 4
...Could someone help me decipher whether it was a prop, motor, or ESC failure?
This log doesn't seem to be coming from the GO4 app right?

It's only Airdata.com that can decrypt it to something that can be read ... imagine that this also mean that you don't have any mobile device DAT log, which will be needed in order to pinpoint anything with some kind of accuracy.

Out of the attached .TXT log it's not possible to look at the raw sensor or motor data ... but from how the AC flies after the incident occurs at 855sec into the flight I don't think that this have anything to do with loss of thrust (prop or motor failure)...the AC movements haven't the typical characteristics for that kind of incident.

Instead this most probably is a flight controller problem ...

Below is taken out of the downloaded Airdata.csv file ... it clearly show an erratic & oscillating flight path just after 855sec (the red path in the sat pic.) ... then looking at the chart & the red graph which is the height above HP, it drops in a erratic way & continue to fall to - 1279 feet below HP ... that's obviously not correct. Then at 860sec the FC falls back to ATTI mode, also a sign that it has given up (the blue background color in the chart). The yaw, pitch & roll show definitely out of the normal & excessive movements (Blue=Yaw, Green=Pitch & Purple=Roll), but that is probably due to the system failure.

My advice is to contact DJI about this ... they can access & decrypt the AC internal DAT log. Be prepared that they can be picky regarding warranty as you flew with a 3:rd party app though.

(Click on the chart to make it larger)
1621713508269.png

Hello. A similar incident happened to me. There was almost no wind. A typical summer day. I flew at this location for the second day without any problems for filming a commercial. It was an Authorization and Warning Zone (blue and orange, max altitude limited to 60 m). I had all the legal permissions.

I was flying forward in normal mode and suddenly the drone spun and fell into the water. Everything happened so quickly that I did not understand what caused it. The drone could not be obtained, since this is the water area of the port. There is a deep and silted bottom.

DJI Flight Record Viewer shows that battery was ok.

May I ask experienced users to analyze the flight record please?

Attachments

• DJIFlightRecord_2021-07-30_[16-36-27].txt
    922.2 KB · Views: 0
I was flying forward in normal mode and suddenly the drone spun and fell into the water. Everything happened so quickly that I did not understand what caused it.
You were flying west at 25+ mph (full right stick) and started to ascend at 428.3 seconds.

At 429.7 sec, it started to slowly rotate counted-clockwise, gradually spinning faster.
At 431.1 sec the Not Enough Force Error messages started showing.
You kept both sticks pushed forward.

At 434 seconds the rotation accelerated and drone tipped hard to the left, going past 90 degrees and started crazy tumbling movements and losing height.

From 435.7, the extreme tumbling recovered a little, with pitch and roll data back between zero and 20 degrees, but the rotation of the drone continued extremely fast as it continued to lose height, now in autolanding mode, but falling at approx 30 ft/sec, much faster than normal descending.

This doesn't look like a normal lost prop incident.
If it was, the drone wouldn't have recovered from the tumbling.
That it was able to partially recover suggests that a prop was significantly damaged, possibly losing one blade.

The not enough force message is because the flight controller pushed one motor to maximum speed but the drone didn't respond as it should.
The loss of GPS was because the drone tipped too far from level and then spun so fast as it came down.

I suspect that if you could recover the wreckage, the damage to one prop would be obvious.

Reactions: tourist07
This doesn't look like a normal lost prop incident.
If it was, the drone wouldn't have recovered from the tumbling.
That it was able to partially recover suggests that a prop was significantly damaged, possibly losing one blade.

The not enough force message is because the flight controller pushed one motor to maximum speed but the drone didn't respond as it should.
The loss of GPS was because the drone tipped too far from level and then spun so fast as it came down.

I suspect that if you could recover the wreckage, the damage to one prop would be obvious.
Thanks. Maybe it was a bird. But it is very unlikely to fly straight forward and hit a seagull or cormorant.

Thanks. Maybe it was a bird. But it is very unlikely to fly straight forward and hit a seagull or cormorant.
If the drone hit a bird, the first thing that would show in the data would be the pitch and roll data showing a collision.
But with this flight, the data started showing small effects before something let go suddenly.
I suspect that one blade started to come off, giving some irregular flight before it let go.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maviclake