DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Not happy with Mavic 2 zoom

Endeavor

Reactions
So I have a Mavic Air and a Mavic 2 zoom. I purchased both about a year ago and so far the MA has been the go to drone for hobby and commercial. Why? Well the video especially in low light is just better and the MA is much easier to control and fly. Another issue with the MP2z is the horrible lag between record and record stop. I use litchi which does auto record and auto stop but it takes 10-15 seconds for the record to stop so I don't dare shutdown the drone until I hear recording stopped or the video will be truncated. It also does this with the go app and by using the button so it is not an app or tablet issue but purely the drone. In low light the image quality is blurred even if I add +1 for sharpness. I went from ND 32 to ND 8 with little difference. I know others are having the same issues but am unsure if anyone has found a cure. Right now I am thinking of dumping the MP2Z and just getting a used Phantom 4P as that was a much better drone.

Interesting review. I have the Mavic Air and I've considered getting a Mavic 2 primarily for the longer flight time and better transmission (OccuSync 2) capabilities. At this point I might just wait to see what DJI comes out with next though.

The NEXT drone is always going to be better. You could wait forever if you're waiting for the perfect drone.

Keep waiting for that if you want, but I think it's better to buy the best you can afford NOW. Use the heck out of it. People made great video 100 yrs ago, you won't be hamstrung by the drone you choose. Just start recording.

Imagine sticking a camera on the front of a cable car 1905 Market Street, San Francisco, shortly before the earthquake that would result in the conflagration that felled the city.

So I have a Mavic Air and a Mavic 2 zoom. I purchased both about a year ago and so far the MA has been the go to drone for hobby and commercial. Why? Well the video especially in low light is just better and the MA is much easier to control and fly. Another issue with the MP2z is the horrible lag between record and record stop. I use litchi which does auto record and auto stop but it takes 10-15 seconds for the record to stop so I don't dare shutdown the drone until I hear recording stopped or the video will be truncated. It also does this with the go app and by using the button so it is not an app or tablet issue but purely the drone. In low light the image quality is blurred even if I add +1 for sharpness. I went from ND 32 to ND 8 with little difference. I know others are having the same issues but am unsure if anyone has found a cure. Right now I am thinking of dumping the MP2Z and just getting a used Phantom 4P as that was a much better drone.

You either have a lemon or you are holding it wrong, so to speak.

I have same blurry vids from my zoom. Funny enough the vids get's sharp after +/- 10 min of flying. To me the zoom is a piece of junk.

In low light I usually go to my ND 4 or sometimes no ND. Key is the resulting shutter speed. I've seen my shutter speed drop to 1/15 second or less in low light with too much ND. Too slow, which is why I shoot manual and watch the histogram.

No sure I’m following the points above but generally for video, u should be fully manual, set 180 shutter, aperture, iso and attach the filter that works for the light. Blur is normal in cinematic video, it’s a matter of taste. My Mavic 2 P does beautiful video, no complaints.

My M2Z, starts and stops recording on a dime. Beautiful smooth footage. Easy to fly . Love it

My M2Z has no lag on starting or stopping recording. Are you having that problem only with Litchi or do you have the same lag with DJI Go 4. My videos are clear. If you're filming in low light, why use ND filters. I would think the M2Z needs all the available light it can get in a low light situation.

Reactions: HighlandsVideo
OK update - refreshed the firmware but no better. Again much like the first MP the zoom images and video is inferior to the MA. Also when zooming the histogram shifts significantly so the option is to cut and correct in post or go to auto if you plan on zooming. I am pretty sure i know how to hold the drone as this is my 6th as I have owned all versions so far except the Inspire. My video from the MA requires very little post unlike any MP or MP2 I have owned. Mainly low light with ND 4 or clear.

Hmm, strange ...
Concerning the quality issues of the pictures and videos, it would be best, if you could upload some raw footage to judge.
I would have guessed some caching process, but you said, you switched it off completely.

Furthermore, does the delay also occur with DJI Go 4?
Now there are too many variables to consider a hardware defect.
Only having a M2P with a SC I cannot fully replicate it however Litchi is just working without any lag.

Understandable it's not a pleasant use.

Reactions: 9951joseg
Go app is the same and as I stated in the video even with the tablet disconnected it takes the same amount of time to stop recording. I am playing with settings to clean up the video but have also just ordered a new controller to see if that will fix the communication issue.

Go app is the same and as I stated in the video even with the tablet disconnected it takes the same amount of time to stop recording. I am playing with settings to clean up the video but have also just ordered a new controller to see if that will fix the communication issue.

But the controller is not going to cause blurred video.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
catalinbbc27