DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Not impressed. Firmware update.

Sencorp

Reactions
So this was my first time updating the firmware on my mavic. 4 hours later and a firmware downgrade I am posting a rant-ish post. The actual dji go app would not update to start. Kept telling me there was a new version but when I clicked the update it took me to Google play and there was no update. Go figure. I did a few uninstalls and reinstalls from dji website and at last got something. Then the firmware update took several attempts as it kept crashing. I have fibre connections here. I do not get lag nor disconnect to the net. But, it kept crashing. Then after about 15 tries it updated. I was met with the photo you see. The nfz maps would not download so it just saw everywhere as a no fly zone.

Needless to say I have reverted. Nothing seems right. Worried about putting her in the air now. I keep Getting system error, check app on my controller. Not sure what that is yet and to tired to find out tonight . Im off for some much needed zzzz's.

384b814442035a8db88159ae9070a789.jpg

Sorry to hear about your problems.
Just did my update. Took about 15mins over WiFi.
Everything updated fine amd rebooted. However the NFZ list didn't update. Had to restart ac, tx and app again then it finally downloaded and update.
Put it in the air for 10 mins, everything seems fine. Settings reset to default so had to reenter.
Hope you have better luck with it next time.

Reactions: Steve633
I updated when I first got my Mavic back in February to something in the 4's. Keep reading about problems with additional updates. Everything seems to be working fine with version 4 something. I figure if it works,...Why fix it? Especially since DJI seems to be like Apple products of late. Every update breaks something. Can live with the momentary message that there is a new firmware update.

Reactions: photoshoot
...Everything updated fine amd rebooted. However the NFZ list didn't update. Had to restart ac, tx and app again then it finally downloaded and update....

Did you do anything to get it to trigger the NFZ list update. Mine failed when grabbing it at the end of the firmware update. So restarted everything, and no sign of it downloading. So I have the NFZ limit and Unable to takeoff warning now, whenever I do not have a GPS fix. I am on Android BTW.

As soon as I go outside and get a GPS fix it comes good. What if I was to lose GPS reception in flight. Is it now going to flash up NFZ limit and force land at GPS loss? Ouch.

Did you do anything to get it to trigger the NFZ list update. Mine failed when grabbing it at the end of the firmware update. So restarted everything, and no sign of it downloading. So I have the NFZ limit and Unable to takeoff warning now, whenever I do not have a GPS fix. I am on Android BTW.

As soon as I go outside and get a GPS fix it comes good. What if I was to lose GPS reception in flight. Is it now going to flash up NFZ limit and force land at GPS loss? Ouch.
Nope. Just restarted everything after the firmware update. Tx>AC>app and NFZ list updated itself. All done on the S7 edge.

S7 edge here too. Just updating to DJIGo 4.06. Will try again after that is loaded and see if the NFZ list updates.

So this was my first time updating the firmware on my mavic. 4 hours later and a firmware downgrade I am posting a rant-ish post. The actual dji go app would not update to start. Kept telling me there was a new version but when I clicked the update it took me to Google play and there was no update. Go figure. I did a few uninstalls and reinstalls from dji website and at last got something. Then the firmware update took several attempts as it kept crashing. I have fibre connections here. I do not get lag nor disconnect to the net. But, it kept crashing. Then after about 15 tries it updated. I was met with the photo you see. The nfz maps would not download so it just saw everywhere as a no fly zone.

Needless to say I have reverted. Nothing seems right. Worried about putting her in the air now. I keep Getting system error, check app on my controller. Not sure what that is yet and to tired to find out tonight . Im off for some much needed zzzz's.

384b814442035a8db88159ae9070a789.jpg
I had the same initial screen.. no worries it'll disappear :) everything as fine as before

I had the same initial screen.. no worries it'll disappear :) everything as fine as before
I am not Convinced.
Try turning on your Mavic inside a building where it has not 0 satellites and see how you get on.
Sure - it will disappear when you get a GPS lock, but that is not the issue here.

I am not Convinced.
Try turning on your Mavic inside a building where it has not 0 satellites and see how you get on.
Sure - it will disappear when you get a GPS lock, but that is not the issue here.
yesterday at home.. "atti mode" that's it

I cant get the NFZ to download either,actually never can it just freezes,is there anyway to do this?

yesterday at home.. "atti mode" that's it
Same here. Next time you are in ATTI mode, have a look a the satellite count. I bet it show 3 or 4 Sats, so it knows where it is but not enough for P mode. But if you remove its abilty to know where it is, so in a fully enclosed room with 0 Sats you will probably see the NFZ Limit and Unable to Take Off message.

Reactions: bucefalo
I cant get the NFZ to download either,actually never can it just freezes,is there anyway to do this?
I wonder if it is region related. Seemingly a few of us in Oceania (Aus & NZ) as unable to download the NFZ list.

Reactions: Sencorp
Same here. Next time you are in ATTI mode, have a look a the satellite count. I bet it show 3 or 4 Sats, so it knows where it is but not enough for P mode. But if you remove its abilty to know where it is, so in a fully enclosed room with 0 Sats you will probably see the NFZ Limit and Unable to Take Off message.

3 or 4 sats does not necessarily make for a position fix. If they are mostly "above" you, then the fix will be very poor horizontally. If it's a mix of GPS and GLONASS then it probably won't even solve a position at all.

3 or 4 sats does not necessarily make for a position fix. If they are mostly "above" you, then the fix will be very poor horizontally. If it's a mix of GPS and GLONASS then it probably won't even solve a position at all.
No doubt.
What I am saying is I observe the NFZ limit message and am barred from taking off when 0 sats are indicated, However once I see 3 or 4 sats on the status bar I get atti mode and the take off restriction is removed. So it appears that I am barred from using Opti mode.

I wonder if it is region related. Seemingly a few of us in Oceania (Aus & NZ) as unable to download the NFZ list.
I'm in NZ and it just updated automatically at the home screen so i don't think it is region related. More likely it's device related.

Reactions: Sencorp
I'm in NZ and it just updated automatically at the home screen so i don't think it is region related. More likely it's device related.
The other issue I didn't mention Is it was like it was rebooting every so often. The remotes screen would just go black and recycle. That's very worrying.

Ps. Stay dry mate!

No doubt.
What I am saying is I observe the NFZ limit message and am barred from taking off when 0 sats are indicated, However once I see 3 or 4 sats on the status bar I get atti mode and the take off restriction is removed. So it appears that I am barred from using Opti mode.
I'm beginning to grok the issue. Thx.

No issues for me downloading or updating via IOS. Everything worked at the first try

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremy Green