DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Not selling the Mini 2 , because of the zoom in picture mode.

Phantomrain.org

Approved Vendor
Reactions
its hard thing to explain,

The 2x zoom is not the same as just zooming in on a picture in the editing time lime , but this video shows the best example I have to explain it.

This is why the Mini 2 cannot be replaced with the Air 2 or the Air 2S as the 2 X Zoom in Picture mode is a fantastic Tool .
Yes the Mavic 3 can do it but not with a much quality as of yet.

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly your Mini 2 in the Rain

That was so funny. LOL.

Reactions: GrayHornet
Last edited:

The 2x zoom is not the same as just zooming in on a picture in the editing time lime , but this video shows the best example I have to explain it.

This is why the Mini 2 cannot be replaced with the Air 2 or the Air 2S as the 2 X Zoom in Picture mode is a fantastic Tool .

Phantomrain.org

do you have a wet suit for your mini

Phantomrain.org

That is exactly why I will always have the Mini 2 as well. I don't know why my Air2 and Air2s don't have that ability.
It is why I call the Mini 2 the Swiss Army knife of drones

Phantomrain.org

You have me in a bind now. Am nearly in position to buy the Air2S. I have the Air2 already but was thinking of upgrading for better low light sensor.
So do I go for a Mini 2 or an Air 2S ?
Do a lot of hiking and finding remote places to quickly get a few shots.
.The low light capability of Air2S is obviously better but is the Mini 2 bad?

You have me in a bind now. Am nearly in position to buy the Air2S. I have the Air2 already but was thinking of upgrading for better low light sensor.
So do I go for a Mini 2 or an Air 2S ?
Do a lot of hiking and finding remote places to quickly get a few shots.
.The low light capability of Air2S is obviously better but is the Mini 2 bad?
The Air 2S is by far the better drone, without any hesitation you should get the Air 2S , this is just for those that already have the MINI 2 and wondering it they should keep it. Its worth is in the 2x Zoom in Picture mode only.

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly in the Rain.

DJI's choices for capabilities of each model makes no sense. Better feature on a cheaper drone, what's up with that? Just to force folks to buy more models? They don't seem interested in upgrades anymore either.
Enjoyed the video and papa bird probably guarding its nest. You seem to know your local trees well too. Scary close at times.😳

Unless the mini 2 actually has a 2x optical zoom lens (which I don't think it does), then it's nothing but digital zoom. You should be able to do the same in post. Different software can zoom using different algorithms. There's no way that the processing aboard the mini 2 is more powerful than what you could do in PS with the right skills.

Am I wrong?

Unless the mini 2 actually has a 2x optical zoom lens (which I don't think it does), then it's nothing but digital zoom. You should be able to do the same in post. Different software can zoom using different algorithms. There's no way that the processing aboard the mini 2 is more powerful than what you could do in PS with the right skills.

Am I wrong?
Yes , in some ways ur right but not when it comes to framing ur picture as the sunset at 2x zoom was the shot worth taking , there is no way to recreate that shot with editing

Look at this picture below, that is the Same shot with no zoom,
There is no way recreate the picture below with editing or zooming on the time line.

2021-12-04_12h06_55.png

Now look at this exact same Sunset using the 2 X Zoom as shown below , you cannot make this picture above into this one below with editing you need the 2 x Zoom to make that happen and this is just 1 Example of Thousands.

Look at how that picture Transformed with the 2 x Zoom , Thus why Mavic 3 Zoom in Photos is such a big step if it worked a little better. The fact is the Mini 2 has a better Zoom than the Mavic 3 and thats a hard pill to swallow for now but were all waiting for the Prophecy to take place . lol

2021-12-04_12h06_02.png

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly your Mini 2 in the Rain.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gfusato