DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Not sure if I should get the mavic air 2

I already have the platinum and spark. Is this worth it???
I have a Mavic Air 2 and love everything about it. If you're not sure I'd suggest you wait, do some research until you are sure. As to the very general question "Is it worth it?" Only you can decide that for yourself. What's worth it to others might not be worth it to you. I see others raving about the Mini 2 and I'm sure it's a fantastic machine but not worth it to me because I have a Mavic Air 2 already.

I have flown a Spark for about 2 years. I bought the MA2 fly more combo. Never looking back awesome drone. Flight time and tracking capabilities took me from a bit nervous and rushed to get my video to calm and plenty of time. Think about it, video sailboat races. I hover the MA2 on the starting line for about 15 minutes. Then still fly around to more shots before refueling with another battery. The 3 axis gimble even make sport mode video smooth. Buy it!!!

Its a great piece of kit especially for the price.......BUY IT
you're LOVE it...?

I’d choose the M2P over the MA2, but I’m glad I have both. I like the Aperture control and larger sensor on the M2P, but the video image quality on the MA2 (D-cine like) was beyond my expectation. The FPV mode on the MA2 has a lot of potential, but needs more control over settings to be usable.

I wish I’d purchased the MP2 over the MA2. I expected waypoints to become available on the MA2 and here I am 6 months into owning it and still no waypoints. From what I’ve read in other forums the speculation is it won’t be a feature. Waypoints is a deal breaker for me if I were shopping for a new drone.

The MA2 does have waypoints but in hyperlapse mode.
I wish I’d purchased the MP2 over the MA2. I expected waypoints to become available on the MA2 and here I am 6 months into owning it and still no waypoints. From what I’ve read in other forums the speculation is it won’t be a feature. Waypoints is a deal breaker for me if I were shopping for a new drone.
The waypoints feature or function that is desired or from legacy Mavic Air1 that DJI stripped is a lot different from the hyper lapse waypoint. To clarify a bit, it was an autonomous mission preprogrammed at the rc level or on the app / pc before the flight and uploaded to the drone at the beginning, and then it will finish it. It is also based on gps, not based on rough location by flying to the spot in waypoints hyperlapse.

If one has the necessary funds for mp2, it really is not a difficult debate which one drone to get. I didn’t, and it was out of the question during my purchase.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ReDRuM702