DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Not too happy

No I am not disappointed, my next purchase will be an MP2 or a P5, the Air would be a downgrade for me, but would probably appeal to a new pilot, but if you have a Mavic pro, then there is not much to consider changing.
Wifi, and limited battery are the big downsides.

Ty I agree, mavic still has more flight time and goes twice as far[emoji3]

Reactions: philh24
Don't care about the Air, Don't care about the spark, I am very happy with my Mavic Pro of 6 months. There are still lot of things I need to learn to do with it and I definitely need to hone my photo skills, which I one of the reasons why I got it. So all in all my Mavic and I will have many more hours of fun ahead of us.

Not disappointed in the least. I think the Mavic Air is great at at very reasonable price point. However, I really love my Mavic Pro. I ride a motorcycle and wanted something small yet really capable. MP is perfect. Yes the MA is smaller but not enough to trade down in capabilities. I got a case to carry a 40 ounce Yetti cup. Looking at it one day wondered if MP would fit and it does. I can carry MP, 3 batteries, controller, spare props, ND Filters, and fold up iPhone/ tablet holder. That is really small. And, I can always find space on my bike. The MA is smaller but not right now MP is still near perfect.

Reactions: Bjosifko
I’m happy. Mine has shipped and I sold a 2.5 year old P3P which funded most of the air. It’s a huge upgrade for me and now I’ll take it with me a lot. I like new tech so it wasn’t much of a choice between the Mavic Pro vs Air for me. I can always sell the Air when the MP2 comes out should I feel the upgrade need or feel limited by WiFi.

Not sure why it's a big problem? If desperate, hit the RTH button on the controller. I mean, I love my Mavic Pro but I wouldn't say the screen is an absolute necessity. Even if you can't see the drone, you hit RTH, and if you need sport mode for RTH in the wind you can still flip it into sport mode, and hold the right stick forward to speed up its return to you, no?

Would I prefer the screen? Well sure! But it's not absolutely imperative (to me at least). 99.9% of the time nobody's going to have an issue with the app in any case...
I once had the app crash during a high electromagnetic interference moment. If the drone goes into atti mode, starts drifting, RTH might not be successful. At least with the controller display you can see altitude, raise it if necessary, and distance, where you can move forward in a direction the distance decreases, until it is over you. There are numerous RTH documented failures, drone lost forever stories.

A fully fledged controller is essential IMO with all the app issues and crashes especially on Android. Also the shutter dial and the customizable buttons I couldn't live without

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
InspectorTom