DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Noticed something with Zoom Camera

bkushner

Reactions
I used to fly with all Apple devices until the overheating issues. Then I bought an Android phone that I use for flying. However, today I used my Iphone one flight and I noticed that the Zoom camera, 1X through 28X looked much better on the screen then the Android device. The photos seems to look better too (not scientific) Is there any reason that the Zoom would perform better running Apple then Android? I can do a comparison when I get time.

If you're looking at those images in DJI Fly, you're probably just seeing the embedded JPG preview. I'm not sure why those would look better on one controller display than another, but the real test is what they look like on your computer (or anything that's displaying the entire image rather than just the embedded preview).

Of course, it's nice if the previews do a better job of showing you what you just captured ...

Chris

Reactions: bkushner
What resolution is your Android phone? A current Samsung S22 Ultra has the highest rating Displaymate has ever given a mobile display, with "performance visually indistinguishable from perfect" - but it can be scaled from 1544 x 720 (HD+) up to 3088 x 1440 (WQHD+)
An iPhone 13 Pro Max runs at 2532 x 1170, but that is more than enough and is also an Oled display, made by... you guessed it; Samsung. Both get Display mates highest ratings. In a display spec shootout neither would be able to out perform the other, all things being equal - which they rarely are. I have a Note 20 Ultra for Drone use, when not using RC Pro, but I don't have access to a recent vintage iPhone since they switched to OLED. The iPhone 13 Pro Max has a Higher 120 Hz Display Refresh Rate compared to 60 Hz for the iPhone 12 Pro Max. Also The iPhone 13 Pro Max has 27% Higher Maximum Display Brightness than the iPhone 12 Pro Max.

That said the Samsung S22 Uktra is capable of 1750 nits of brightness.

Conclusion? I have no frigging idea why you should see a better image on "an iPhone vs "an Android" without knowing if these are current devices or years old, nor what settings you have them set to. 😉

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SkyTechDji