DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Now... I hate my Mavic

The absolute best advice currently for you is, roll back the firmware. It's pretty much the same as installing it. They offer this option and it's one that you should take advantage of.

Btw, are you ios or android?
I'll be honest, trying for the simpler solutions first can save a lot of stress. Trying out a different cord first vs reinstalling FW, is very different on the patience and stress scale. What if all it was, was the cord? No need to go through the trouble of downgrading and then being left with a false impression the FW is garbage.

Reactions: Sjez
I'll be honest, trying for the simpler solutions first can save a lot of stress. Trying out a different cord first vs reinstalling FW, is very different on the patience and stress scale. What if all it was, was the cord? No need to go through the trouble of downgrading and then being left with a false impression the FW is garbage.

A cord?

If it was a cord, it would have shown up on the older version prior to updating.

A cord?

If it was a cord, it would have shown up on the older version prior to updating.
Like I said, it could just be a coincidence, it could be something more. It'd be easier to rule the cord out first, before moving on to the more time consuming solutions, right?

Also, I doubt the Mavic FW is the problem. The RC and the drone still remain connected. It's the app that's disconnecting from the RC. If anything, there's more than likely an issue with the software, be it the OS, or the app, on the phone than on the RC/Mavic.

Reactions: Aerial West
Like I said, it could just be a coincidence, it could be something more. It'd be easier to rule the cord out first, before moving on to the more time consuming solutions, right?

Also, I doubt the Mavic FW is the problem. The RC and the drone still remain connected. It's the app that's disconnecting from the RC. If anything, there's more than likely an issue with the software, be it the OS, or the app, on the phone than on the RC/Mavic.

Let me ask you this.....if my OS is ios, and we know the likely issue I'm experiencing is with the GO4 app....what is my option/s to resolve the issue?

Let me ask you this.....if my OS is ios, and we know the likely issue I'm experiencing is with the GO4 app....what is my option/s to resolve the issue?
It would depend on the problem. If the problem is really because of the app, you can't really do much unless you jailbreak. Why do you ask?

Reactions: CopperClub
This is exactly what i was talking about, and it has only occurred after the most recent app update. i originally thought it may be a connection issue between the phone and the RC but that was not the issue either, needless to say my bird won't be back in the air until i can be assured that this issue has been fixed.

I'm a little surprised at the number of people that think the app needs to be running to fly the Mavic. It doesn't. If it is an app issue, rolling back the last software you updated, either the OS, and/or the app, is the best option then. But I don't think this is a FW issue with the Mavic though.

[QUOTE="Cyberpower678, post: 178804, member: 6627]
if you're going to use the bottom USB port on the RC, make sure there's nothing plugged into the side port or the bottom port won't connect to anything.[/QUOTE]

Not trying to derail the thread...

For those who are unaware, I just wanted to mention that you can use the bottom USB port for your smart device while plugging a charger into the top port and charging the rc while flying.

Reactions: SeaMav
Don't hate my Mavic at all...Although, I was out for a little Real Estate shoot today, while the owner was there. At first they were very impressed, however after 3 disconnects, the only thing that impressed was the return to home feature. Please DJI, fix this b.s.

There are solutions that lead to fun over hate, but you know that. Mine is factory fresh with .400, and my iphone 6+ is great with it, but I bought a iPad Mini4 (refurbed from Apple) just for the Mavic. Yeah, it's a bit of money, but I couldn't be happier. The bigger screen is easier for my 63 year old eyes too!

As a computer geek and lousy programmer, I totally get the problems DJI has with the plethora of Android offerings out there. Apple has tight control on their product from inception to delivery, so it is consistent and therefor easy for developers to code for. Android is like a bunch of cats that refuse to be herded, sure they're all cats but none of them fully agree with the others. What a nightmare for DJI to attempt to do!

That doesn't help you, but considering rolling back and an iOS device might put you in the sweet spot so many are in, then you can enjoy your investment rather than hate it.

Just a thought....

There are solutions that lead to fun over hate, but you know that. Mine is factory fresh with .400, and my iphone 6+ is great with it, but I bought a iPad Mini4 (refurbed from Apple) just for the Mavic. Yeah, it's a bit of money, but I couldn't be happier. The bigger screen is easier for my 63 year old eyes too!

As a computer geek and lousy programmer, I totally get the problems DJI has with the plethora of Android offerings out there. Apple has tight control on their product from inception to delivery, so it is consistent and therefor easy for developers to code for. Android is like a bunch of cats that refuse to be herded, sure they're all cats but none of them fully agree with the others. What a nightmare for DJI to attempt to do!

That doesn't help you, but considering rolling back and an iOS device might put you in the sweet spot so many are in, then you can enjoy your investment rather than hate it.

Just a thought....
Yes, thanks, been thinking of going that direction.

It would depend on the problem. If the problem is really because of the app, you can't really do much unless you jailbreak. Why do you ask?

The reason for this is, my only option was to rollback the firmware and hope for the best. In my case I got lucky and 95% of my issue was taken care of. So if rolling back the firmware is all you got...it's all you got.
If I were using my android setup, I would delete the GO4 app from device and install previous app version and call it a day. But...I'm using ios now.

The reason for this is, my only option was to rollback the firmware and hope for the best. In my case I got lucky and 95% of my issue was taken care of. So if rolling back the firmware is all you got...it's all you got.
If I were using my android setup, I would delete the GO4 app from device and install previous app version and call it a day. But...I'm using ios now.
It's a good point, but my point was to start with the simplest solutions and work your way up. It's a big stress saver. :)

First thing first. What apps are you running when uping the dji4 app? Ive seen many people having issues from having litchi and dji4 running at the same time. Or have so many apps running at the same time. Memory and storga espce matters. Dont blame the mavic.

As other suggested try rolling to a previous firmware its easy.

Additionally if you are flying in an urban environment good luck

Four things.
1) Your Controller is connected to Drone even without an App.
2) DJI is programmed for "seamless" integration with Apple OS. Usually no problems.
3) Androids as their name implies are a bunch of different operating systems that may or may not work with DJI app.
4) If you find a working system stick with it and do not upgrade any component especially Android. Unless there is a proven benefit to do so.
I said 4 but there is a 5. Bite the bullet get an IPhone/ IPad as a dedicated unit.

Reactions: northovers
When I first got my mavic back months ago, I absolutely loved this thing. But now with the new updates and with Android Nougat, this bird is now a huge liability and a bigger waste of money. Every time I fly, since the DJI update and the Nougat update, I am constantly getting "signal interference" in my front yard, where I never had this issue before. I get constant disconnects from the DJI app which leaves me scrambling to find my Mavic at its last location. I dont fly far at all, its just that there a lot of trees in my neighborhood, so if I go past the first few homes, I cant see it. None of this was an issue when I first got my Mavic. I have zero joy of flying it now, and just think about when its not going to come home. Sorry, for the rant. I just wasted a thousand dollars on this thing and im too scared to fly it now.
Same here very bad signal transmission from the rc and when first start the drone, it shows nfz and I can't take off.

Have you tried it out with iOS instead of Android? I don't disagree with you that everything should function better, on either platform, with a recent firmware update. And, I do wish that were the case across the board, but it's not....

Have to agree. I have been loyal to Android for over a decade and live in a house divided. My wife is all in on the Apple ecosystem. After experiencing frustrating disconnects & other issues using my Nexus 7 (2013), Samsung S7E & Pixel XL I finally caved and borrowed her iPad Mini 4. Zero disconnects or issues after several flights led me to purchase my own iPad M4. It's likely the only iOS device I will ever own (other than a replacement to keep up with future DJI products) but gotta say it brought back the enjoyment the OP has been missing.

I'm a little surprised at the number of people that think the app needs to be running to fly the Mavic. It doesn't. If it is an app issue, rolling back the last software you updated, either the OS, and/or the app, is the best option then. But I don't think this is a FW issue with the Mavic though.
I am aware that you can still control the magic without the app being connected, but i would rather not fly that way. personal preference i guess. Considering the mavic was designed to have the screen in use as well, obviously there is an issue and who's to say that this isn't only the beginning of a bigger issue. In which case I'm not willing to risk it.

I guess this whole issue is always the same for those who believes Android devices are reliable to run the Dji Go app.
There are many Android devices listed on the support's page, including the newest ones, but are they really supported? Is this Nougat safe enough to run it? My bet is only 10% of Nougat users runs the app smoothly and flawlessly.
Don't believe in everything you read. I guess some (not to say all) Android devices on that list are just politic agreements IMO.
Android is good but it's fragmented, full of features (and you don't use half of them) and has memory management issues. Not to mention all the different brands with their heavy interfaces and rubbish apps. This all sums a really bad environment to run such a complex system like this little flying machine.

I'll not say that you have to buy an iOS device, but if you don't want to waste the investment you did for fun, then buy an iOS device like I did to regain the joy for fly.
Now take this advice, don't run to upgrade your Mavic as soon it goes out, unless you want to share the valuable experience with the community, wich will be much appreciated for us all.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kzenoxx