DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Now I've gone and done it (I need therapy)

Wanting to do the 107 cert however, I am not a book person on remembering good sometimes. Just wondering, how hard is this thing. Myself looking at the subjects scares the **** out of me trying it. Thanks
I did remotepilot101.com. It's reasonably priced plus they say they'll reimburse you for the test if you fail it. All video based and easy to follow.

Reactions: 747P4
Wanting to do the 107 cert however, I am not a book person on remembering good sometimes. Just wondering, how hard is this thing. Myself looking at the subjects scares the **** out of me trying it. Thanks

Hi Gary

My best advice for you is don't overthink it because you'll only psych yourself out and to just go for it. You'll do way better than you think.

Let me tell you how I got into R.P.A.

I used to be on a pretty good wicket as a younger man, I'm cross qualified in a number of technical fields. Suffice to say I was feeling no pain financially.

Expensive hobbies, Firearm collecting and competition, R/C flying for nearly 30 years, became an instructor, Advanced Class radio Ham with tons of gear, Huge collection of collectable guitars, cars blah blah... then I got injured, badly. I was listed as terminal for 4 years. Well, I survived against prediction and they put me back together more or less. I'm never going back into combat but I'm way better than you'd think

So, I'm left 40 years old and pensioned and unemployable with 2 natural kids and 2 foster kids to look after.... I mean I'd go back to work but no one will employ me so the years rolled on .. I sold everything over time except the best guitars to educate the kids and generally provide, don't spend much on myself, not looking for praise that's what Dads do.

Last year the family banded together behind my back and bought me a P4P, They knew I used to fly a lot of course but didn't understand the difference between fixed wing, helis and multirotors. "It flies, it's got a controller and it's even got a camera!! Let's get it for him".

I was ... horrified at the expense. Tried to return it, family bun fight ensued. I finally said I'd accept only if I could make it pay for itself. So I researched what was needed .." Oh, a Remote Pilot's Licence ........$1500+????!!! WHAT!!!!" Still, I was committed, we scraped it together.

Now I'm not dumb but it's been a quarter of a century since I did any formalised study .. I was absolutely SURE I was going to fail even two weeks out and waste the money but I just put the worry at the back of my mind, got serious and dedicated 4 hours a day to study, followed the syllabus from the training provider (a must) and on the day I passed with the equal highest score ever achieved with that provider. ( I have to get to brag a little right? ;) )

Then it occurred to me that just because no one else will employ me doesn't mean I can't employ myself ... and I have a son and a foster son about to finish high school and still have no idea what they want to do in life ..

Now I'm 54 only "semi-retired", have my own business, 7 aircraft and two sons and one daughter under training. I not making a mint yet, may never before I retire but my kids will inherit an established business.

A long winded way of saying "just DO it". The two saddest words in words in the English language are "if only".

I *DO* agree totally with FatherXmas... a course for the big qualification is a must. Even here in Australia through YouTube testimonials and feedback remotepillots101.com is a known company and what more can you ask than a money back offer?

Go on, do it! Don't let the youngsters have all the fun :p

Regards
Ari

Now the fun begins:
Mr. Pro will get to fly real soon...don't change the channel just yet for this next exciting installment of "a bottle of whiskey and some drones", please sir! :cool:

.don't change the channel just yet for this next exciting installment of "a bottle of whiskey

No whiskey for the M2P .... RPA can only safely ingest isopropal alcohol and when the battery is removed. Their behavior is quite disgusting while under the influence lol

After dinner I am going to update the firmware on Mr. Pro and check some camera settings.
Of course my beverage selection may hinder progress as time goes by :rolleyes:

So I have a part 107 cert and have 2 other drones.
Was considering purchasing a used Inspire 2, but having been on the I2 forum (as a lurker) I was concerned that this may not be a good idea, for personal reasons.
The price of the I2 meant I could buy 2 new drones for the price of one, so I bit the bullet (after a few beers, why do I do that) :rolleyes:

So, today I purchased the M2 Pro and M2Z (scratching head).
Of course I will have to sell my beloved MPP (which takes some great pictures and my P4 which I really love to fly) so for obvious reasons I cannot justify keeping the other birds.

Maybe I need to stop drinking my beer at night!

I am fascinated by the inspire 2. But if I were to get another high end drone right now I would go for the M2 Enterprise Duo.

Reactions: jlcichocki
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
O'Ryan