DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Now I've gone and done it (I need therapy)

747P4

Reactions
So I have a part 107 cert and have 2 other drones.
Was considering purchasing a used Inspire 2, but having been on the I2 forum (as a lurker) I was concerned that this may not be a good idea, for personal reasons.
The price of the I2 meant I could buy 2 new drones for the price of one, so I bit the bullet (after a few beers, why do I do that) :rolleyes:

So, today I purchased the M2 Pro and M2Z (scratching head).
Of course I will have to sell my beloved MPP (which takes some great pictures and my P4 which I really love to fly) so for obvious reasons I cannot justify keeping the other birds.

Maybe I need to stop drinking my beer at night!

It all depends upon type of jobs you intend to do... I personally now considering very seriously a new m2e with a thermal camera. There is quite a market for that, in real estate remodeling and construction, solar panel maintenance, a lot of things to do with a small convenient portable drone. It is a bit of a window of opportunity while there is not a ton of experienced drone pilots around. It probably will not last long, but, now for a merely $3k you can get a tool that used to cost about of $20k minimum. Or even more.

It all depends upon type of jobs you intend to do... I personally now considering very seriously a new m2e with a thermal camera. There is quite a market for that, in real estate remodeling and construction, solar panel maintenance, a lot of things to do with a small convenient portable drone. It is a bit of a window of opportunity while there is not a ton of experienced drone pilots around. It probably will not last long, but, now for a merely $3k you can get a tool that used to cost about of $20k minimum. Or even more.

Get it! But maybe dont keep M2P and M2E!

Get it! But maybe dont keep M2P and M2E!
Huh. Get it i can, but, it will be like for a taxi driver to buy an excavator, for a potential future business opportunities. :)
M2p is a good toy. I'll see first if a new m2e thermal camera will work on it, as is.
Frankly i hate services industry. It is a minimum margin and a lot of sacrifices, plus, almost no free personal time left. Been there, done that, people suck. :) But, who knows...

Good advice.

Totally agree regarding opportunities.
Looking at some Part 107 operators they seem to either make some money for their services, or Companies don't want to pay a fair market rate (read get something for nothing type of deal).

Thanks for the heads up though.

Was considering purchasing a used Inspire 2, but having been on the I2 forum (as a lurker) I was concerned that this may not be a good idea, for personal reasons.
The price of the I2 meant I could buy 2 new drones for the price of one, so I bit the bullet (after a few beers, why do I do that) :rolleyes:

Of course I will have to sell my beloved MPP (which takes some great pictures and my P4 which I really love to fly) so for obvious reasons I cannot justify keeping the other birds.

I was going to suggest start drinking the beer in the morning and don't stop. You won't be able to move the mouse correctly to click on links - problem solved. But whiskey might work, too.

Reactions: 747P4
I was going to suggest start drinking the beer in the morning and don't stop. You won't be able to move the mouse correctly to click on links - problem solved. But whiskey might work, too.

The old Lee Marvin song comes to mind "I was born under a wandrin' star" which could translate into "I was born under a wandrin' mouse on a PC" when in charge of several alcoholic beverages! This alone caused the issue so I will take note and refrain from late night shopping on the WWW ;)

If it's not too late, stop the order, or return the order not opened.
Instead, purchase a zoom with the new remote controller ($1649 on DJI site), and buy a pro camera separately( aprox $550). You will have both cameras and the new controller, which offers many convenience advantages for less than what your just paid....$2199 vs $2750. With the difference, you'll be able to buy a battery, beer and whiskey

Of course there is no logical reason to have 4 drones (just like me)..........HOWEVER, if that is what you want, then by all means keep them all. You work hard for your money so go ahead and reap the benefits of your labor. Life is short and you can't take your money with you to the grave, so I say, just enjoy it all now. Congrats!

If it's not too late, stop the order, or return the order not opened.
Instead, purchase a zoom with the new remote controller ($1649 on DJI site), and buy a pro camera separately( aprox $550). You will have both cameras and the new controller, which offers many convenience advantages for less than what your just paid....$2199 vs $2750. With the difference, you'll be able to buy a battery, beer and whiskey

I was thinking about that too.
Begs the question, which whiskey to buy :rolleyes:

Of course there is no logical reason to have 4 drones (just like me)..........HOWEVER, if that is what you want, then by all means keep them all. You work hard for your money so go ahead and reap the benefits of your labor. Life is short and you can't take your money with you to the grave, so I say, just enjoy it all now. Congrats!

That is so true, well said Thumbswayup
I do enjoy having several hobbies especially photography and drone photography.

Sell all your drones but one. Drink whiskey. When you look at your one and only drone, you will see 3 or 4, problem solved.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NIKLM