DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Will be buying a Mini 4 Pro in a week or so - What essentials should I get with it?

Depending on the flight rules where you live, extended batteries are nice to have for the extra flight time (if being above 249 g isn't too restrictive).

I recently got a lanyard for use with the controller, and it is really nice. Don't know how I managed without one before! (Actually, I do know ā€” I juggled things one-handed and nearly dropped the controller a couple of times.)

A spare set of control sticks is useful in case you are out in the field and drop one in long grass. Related to that, a case that lets you keep the sticks on the controller is very handy. I have the soft case that came with my Mini 3 Pro, but I got a Pygtech clip-on cover for the RC Controller that protects the screen and sticks when it's in the bag.

A better screwdriver than the one that comes with the fly-more kit makes replacing props a lot easier.

I have ND filters but have never used them ā€” I mostly shoot stills so actually want a high shutter speed. If you shoot video or want stills with motion blur then a good set of filters would be useful.

Depending on the flight rules where you live, extended batteries are nice to have for the extra flight time (if being above 249 g isn't too restrictive).
I would love a couple of them but unfortunately they're not available here as they'd take it over 250g and that's not a place I want to be.

I recently got a lanyard for use with the controller, and it is really nice.
Now that's a good suggestion, I think it's a good idea so I'll have a look around. I'm sure there must be literally hundreds of them around!

A spare set of control sticks is useful in case you are out in the field and drop one in long grass. Related to that, a case that lets you keep the sticks on the controller is very handy. I have the soft case that came with my Mini 3 Pro, but I got a Pygtech clip-on cover for the RC Controller that protects the screen and sticks when it's in the bag.
Another good shout. The Fly More thing comes with a spare set of them which I keep in the bag. I've also got a sun screen that covers the front with the sticks so I don't need to take them off each time.

A better screwdriver than the one that comes with the fly-more kit makes replacing props a lot easier.
I use my Wowstick.

I won't be skinning the drone, I really think they look tacky and I'm currently undecided about whether I need nd filters or not.

Now that's a good suggestion, I think it's a good idea so I'll have a look around. I'm sure there must be literally hundreds of them around!
I bought a set of four screw-in eyes on Amazon (so I could also attach one to my Smart Controller) and a couple of cheap camera straps. Less than half the price of the cheapest lanyard on Amazon.

I bought a set of four screw-in eyes on Amazon (so I could also attach one to my Smart Controller) and a couple of cheap camera straps. Less than half the price of the cheapest lanyard on Amazon.
This $12 lanyard is a good one, though I don't know about availability in the UK. It included two mounting eyes.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PilotOne