DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Now I've gone and done it (I need therapy)

Sell all your drones but one. Drink whiskey. When you look at your one and only drone, you will see 3 or 4, problem solved.
You can look at them, but fly when you can only find one.

Reactions: 747P4
[QUOTE="
The price of the I2 meant I could buy 2 new drones for the price of one, so I bit the bullet (after a few beers, why do I do that) :rolleyes:

So, today I purchased the M2 Pro and M2Z (scratching head).
Of course I will have to sell my beloved MPP (which takes some great pictures and my P4 which I really love to fly) so for obvious reasons I cannot justify keeping the other birds.

Maybe I need to stop drinking my beer at night![/QUOTE]

Well now that beer drinking thing is debatable, you may even be getting smarter the more you drink in the evening. Let's take a look at Cliff's theory:

Ya see, it’s like this… A herd of buffalo can only move as fast as the slowest buffalo. And when the herd is hunted, it is the slowest and weakest ones at the back that are killed first. This natural selection is good for the herd as a whole, because the general speed and health of the whole group keeps improving by the regular killing of the weakest members. In much the same way, the human brain can only operate as fast as the slowest brain cells. Excessive intake of alcohol, as we know, kills brain cells. But naturally it attacks the slowest and weakest brain cells first. In this way, regular consumption of beer eliminates the weaker brain cells, making the brain a faster and more efficient machine. That’s why you always feel smarter after a few beers.” So don't worry so much about buying those Mavics! :)

Last edited:
[QUOTE="
The price of the I2 meant I could buy 2 new drones for the price of one, so I bit the bullet (after a few beers, why do I do that) :rolleyes:

Of course I will have to sell my beloved MPP (which takes some great pictures and my P4 which I really love to fly) so for obvious reasons I cannot justify keeping the other birds.

Maybe I need to stop drinking my beer at night!

Well now that beer drinking thing is debatable, you may even be getting smarter the more you drink in the evening. Let's take a llok at Cliff's theory:

Ya see, it’s like this… A herd of buffalo can only move as fast as the slowest buffalo. And when the herd is hunted, it is the slowest and weakest ones at the back that are killed first. This natural selection is good for the herd as a whole, because the general speed and health of the whole group keeps improving by the regular killing of the weakest members. In much the same way, the human brain can only operate as fast as the slowest brain cells. Excessive intake of alcohol, as we know, kills brain cells. But naturally it attacks the slowest and weakest brain cells first. In this way, regular consumption of beer eliminates the weaker brain cells, making the brain a faster and more efficient machine. That’s why you always feel smarter after a few beers.” So don't worry so much about buying those Mavics! :)[/QUOTE]

That is priceless :)
Are you Welsh by any chance looking at your forum name?
If so cymru am byth!

Reactions: Cairnsimages
Well now that beer drinking thing is debatable, you may even be getting smarter the more you drink in the evening. Let's take a llok at Cliff's theory:

Ya see, it’s like this… A herd of buffalo can only move as fast as the slowest buffalo. And when the herd is hunted, it is the slowest and weakest ones at the back that are killed first. This natural selection is good for the herd as a whole, because the general speed and health of the whole group keeps improving by the regular killing of the weakest members. In much the same way, the human brain can only operate as fast as the slowest brain cells. Excessive intake of alcohol, as we know, kills brain cells. But naturally it attacks the slowest and weakest brain cells first. In this way, regular consumption of beer eliminates the weaker brain cells, making the brain a faster and more efficient machine. That’s why you always feel smarter after a few beers.” So don't worry so much about buying those Mavics! :)

If so cymru am byth![/QUOTE]
Yes I am Welsh and "Wales For Ever", to you too! I now live in the US but miss Wales a lot and try and go home for a visit every year or two.

If so cymru am byth!
Yes I am Welsh and "Wales For Ever", to you too! I now live in the US but miss Wales a lot and try and go home for a visit every year or two.[/QUOTE]

I was born in Neath but reside State side. Port Talbot and the surrounding area has seen many changes and not for the good of the people of Wales. Before I was born, my mother used to work with Richard Burton the actor in Port talbot.
Max Boyce for ever! Only a Welshman would know about Max!

Safe flying.

Ohhh yes, I know about Max Boyce but have not heard his name in donkeys years. I'm from the Crosskeys area, a little up the valley from Newport. Wales has had many changes over the years, thankfully not all bad. What state are you in now then (location wise, that is)? I still find myself saying very Welsh things like... "I'll do now in a minute, just hold on".

Ohhh yes, I know about Max Boyce but have not heard his name in donkeys years. I'm from the Crosskeys area, a little up the valley from Newport. Wales has had many changes over the years, thankfully not all bad.

Indeed, some changes were good but the steel works at Port Talbot has seen drastic ownership problems. Max was always at the old Cardiff Arms Park for the rugby with his "leek" of course!

Indeed, some changes were good but the steel works at Port Talbot has seen drastic ownership problems. Max was always at the old Cardiff Arms Park for the rugby with his "leek" of course!
I used to love hearing the singing from that place when walking about Cardiff shopping, when there was a rugby match playing. It would resound about the city, gave you goose pimples.

I used to love hearing the singing from that place when walking about Cardiff shopping, when there was a rugby match playing. It would resound about the city, gave you goose pimples.

Thats what copious beer does to Welshmen!

WOW. My mum and grandmother used to sing this to us! Reminds me of a Bad Company song "shooting star' when I was leaving for the nest.

Johnny told his Mama,
"Hey, Mama, I'm goin' away,
Gonna hit the big time,
Gonna be a big star someday"
Mama came to the door
With a teardrop in her eye
Johnny said, "Don't cry Mama,
Smile and wave goodbye"
Don't you know?

Great song and group Thumbswayup

take a listen to this:

Google this:
Myfanwy, Treorchy Welsh male voice choir

Myfanwy (Welsh: [məˈvɑːnʊɨ]; a woman's name derived from Welsh annwyl, meaning 'beloved') is a popular Welsh song, composed by Joseph Parry and first published in 1875. Parry wrote the music to lyrics written by Richard Davies ("Mynyddog Mwynfawr"; 1833–77).
Some sources say it was written with Parry's childhood sweetheart, Myfanwy Llywellyn, in mind,[1] although the lyrics were probably inspired by the 14th-century love-story of Myfanwy Fychan of Castell Dinas Brân, Llangollen and the poet Hywel ab Einion. That story was also the subject of the popular poem, "Myfanwy Fychan" (1858), by John Ceiriog Hughes (1832–87).
The song is still a favourite with Welsh men's choruses. One of the most widely recognized renditions is by the Treorchy Male Voice Choir. A version has been performed by John Cale, Cerys Matthews on her album of Welsh greats, Tir, and by Bryn Terfel on his album "We'll Keep a Welcome". It is also on O Fortuna, the second album from Rhydian, where he duets with fellow Welsh baritone Terfel. It is also a bonus track, sung unaccompanied, on the self-titled album by John Owen Jones. The song also is sung in the Welsh language biographical film Hedd Wyn.

Very moving it is!

Reactions: ff22
So the saga continues (no, not the beer or whiskey part).
Went to "mouse click" (only had 2 beers) the link on "track your package" and noticed that the 2 birds are very close to arrival. Not quite TCAS (flyers know this) proximate traffic but nearly there as in RA (resolution advisory).

Seems my 2 birds are due in town in tandem which now poses several problems for my poor pea brained head to fathom. Which bird to open first.! :rolleyes:
Oh, I am also 3000 miles away from home base (not the UK one) so this is going to be interesting when I land around late evening on Wednesday, ho hum o_O

Time to crack another bottle of mothers ruin ;)

Reactions: Former Member
[QUOTE="

Maybe I need to stop drinking my beer at night!

Well now that beer drinking thing is debatable, you may even be getting smarter the more you drink in the evening. Let's take a look at Cliff's theory:

Ya see, it’s like this… A herd of buffalo can only move as fast as the slowest buffalo. And when the herd is hunted, it is the slowest and weakest ones at the back that are killed first. This natural selection is good for the herd as a whole, because the general speed and health of the whole group keeps improving by the regular killing of the weakest members. In much the same way, the human brain can only operate as fast as the slowest brain cells. Excessive intake of alcohol, as we know, kills brain cells. But naturally it attacks the slowest and weakest brain cells first. In this way, regular consumption of beer eliminates the weaker brain cells, making the brain a faster and more efficient machine. That’s why you always feel smarter after a few beers.” So don't worry so much about buying those Mavics! :)[/QUOTE]

I wonder if the younger pilots will get the Cliff reference, that was along time ago. Cheers (pardon the pun)

Reactions: ff22

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
seaphotos