DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Now that I have my new drone, how do I fix it.

ronheater70

Reactions
O.k, No nothing is wrong, and i haven't broken it. However I have about 15 minutes total flight time on it over the last 2 weeks since I got it. I obviously missed the 48 hour window for DJI care. Im thinking of State farm and got a quote for 60 bucks for the year, so say something goes wrong in the future, do I just pay for the repair and then get reimbursement from State farm or what? I assume the standard DJI warranty is in effect?

Just wanting to get my ducks in a row before I put much more time on it.. Im still in beginner mode and being careful!

O.k, No nothing is wrong, and i haven't broken it. However I have about 15 minutes total flight time on it over the last 2 weeks since I got it. I obviously missed the 48 hour window for DJI care. Im thinking of State farm and got a quote for 60 bucks for the year, so say something goes wrong in the future, do I just pay for the repair and then get reimbursement from State farm or what? I assume the standard DJI warranty is in effect?

Just wanting to get my ducks in a row before I put much more time on it.. Im still in beginner mode and being careful!

You can still get Dji care Refresh!

Get Dji Care Refresh after 48H

So state farm actually covers repairs to the drone?? I was told it just covered things the drone might break. Like say it hit a car. They would fix the car but not the drone. Atleast that was my understanding. Did I get bad information

Reactions: Former Member
I don’t care what happens to my drone. It is covered 100%. If it flies away if I crash it it’s coveredd.

Reactions: Former Member
So state farm actually covers repairs to the drone?? I was told it just covered things the drone might break. Like say it hit a car. They would fix the car but not the drone. Atleast that was my understanding. Did I get bad information
You did get bad information. The opposite situation would apply with the State Farm personal articles policy. It covers damage TO or loss of your drone, not damage FROM it. Generally, your homeowners' or renters' insurance might cover the damage you do with your drone but you'll want to check on that. That would be considered liability insurance as opposed to the property insurance that the $60 State Farm policy provides.

Yes, warranty is in effect. 1 year on the AC, 6 months or 200 charges on batteries, whichever comes first.
Be careful...... Many people never crash. More than you might think from reading these forums!!!

Correct. I’ve never crashed but then again I don’t take risks.

You did get bad information. The opposite situation would apply with the State Farm personal articles policy. It covers damage TO or loss of your drone, not damage FROM it. Generally, your homeowners' or renters' insurance might cover the damage you do with your drone but you'll want to check on that. That would be considered liability insurance as opposed to the property insurance that the $60 State Farm policy provides.
I’m going to look into that for sure! I have the DJI Refresh but it would be nice to have something to cover loss of the drone. I would think it would be just as easy to completely lose the drone as it would be to crash and total it.

Reactions: Elhefe4
Real quick. Shipped my Mavic from CA to GA and had it back fixed in under a week.
I think you meant you shipped it from GA to CA. I shipped mine 3 weeks ago to CA for DJI Refresh to replace mine. I had it back 13 days later. Great turnaround time!

What happened to your guys drones that made it need to be replaced. Just curious. I saw one YouTube guy crash the crap out of one and still only had broken props

What happened to your guys drones that made it need to be replaced. Just curious. I saw one YouTube guy crash the crap out of one and still only had broken props

I was flying and decided to go into Sport Mode. I didn't realize how much altitude you lose going full speed...needless to say I hit some branches at the top of a tree. If I had only been a few inches higher I would have missed it. The Mavic landed rear leg first into the ground and shifted the leg a bit enough to crack the plastic of the body. I put new props on and it flew but was popping errors (front and bottom sensors not working) so it went to DJI the very next day.

Reactions: buttons276
I was flying and decided to go into Sport Mode. I didn't realize how much altitude you lose going full speed...needless to say I hit some branches at the top of a tree. If I had only been a few inches higher I would have missed it. The Mavic landed rear leg first into the ground and shifted the leg a bit enough to crack the plastic of the body. I put new props on and it flew but was popping errors (front and bottom sensors not working) so it went to DJI the very next day.
I almost had something similar happen in sport mode. I tried to make a fast turn low to the ground. I didn’t think about how much more room it would take at that speed. I came so close to a street sign

I almost had something similar happen in sport mode. I tried to make a fast turn low to the ground. I didn’t think about how much more room it would take at that speed. I came so close to a street sign
In about 800' my altitude went from 57.1' down to 35.4' I have only tried Sport mode going in a straight line, I never thought of trying a fast turn!
When I viewed the video I was shocked to see the tree coming but during flight I didn't see it until it was too late. I believe the reason is I was watching my speed looking to get it up to 40 mph (I hot the branches at 35). Also I have been using my old Samsung Note 3 phone for video so maybe a bigger screen could have prevented it.

Reactions: Prado man
In about 800' my altitude went from 57.1' down to 35.4' I have only tried Sport mode going in a straight line, I never thought of trying a fast turn!
When I viewed the video I was shocked to see the tree coming but during flight I didn't see it until it was too late. I believe the reason is I was watching my speed looking to get it up to 40 mph (I hot the branches at 35). Also I have been using my old Samsung Note 3 phone for video so maybe a bigger screen could have prevented it.
Yeah I’m afraid of speed mode to now. I got carried away. That thing turned like a race car drifting though. It was pretty cool I have to say. But I just missed a sign. I have noticed I have terrible depth perception

Yeah I’m afraid of speed mode to now. I got carried away. That thing turned like a race car drifting though. It was pretty cool I have to say. But I just missed a sign. I have noticed I have terrible depth perception
No kidding....were you filming during it?
My depth perception isn't the greatest either. I just ordered Neon Yellow wrap for mine for better visibility.

No kidding....were you filming during it?
My depth perception isn't the greatest either. I just ordered Neon Yellow wrap for mine for better visibility.
No I wasn’t filming. I don’t even have an sd card yet. I actually just ordered one today. I’ve only had my drone about 2 weeks

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lucent6408d