DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Now that I have my new drone, how do I fix it.

Have you turned off the training wheels and flown it yet?

Just treat it like an $800 drone and you'll have no issues with it. Don't "fly it like you stole it".

Hi Guy's,
Wow you Guy's are scaring me !
I have had my Mavic Pro Plat. For a short time and haven't had much time to play with it yet, I do have a P3 adv. & a P4 but can tell this Mavic Pro is going to take time to get use to, I feel shaky like I did when I first bought my P3 adv. , with them I gained my confidence after a bit, but you Guy's sound like me... thanks for the stories, I will be very careful till I get more confident for sure lol
SteveP55

O.k, No nothing is wrong, and i haven't broken it. However I have about 15 minutes total flight time on it over the last 2 weeks since I got it. I obviously missed the 48 hour window for DJI care. Im thinking of State farm and got a quote for 60 bucks for the year, so say something goes wrong in the future, do I just pay for the repair and then get reimbursement from State farm or what? I assume the standard DJI warranty is in effect?

Just wanting to get my ducks in a row before I put much more time on it.. Im still in beginner mode and being careful!
Take my advice totally forget any repair service from DJI find an alternate Source or Google and fix yourself you will save yourself a lot of headaches trust me great drones horrible service. You can buy a tool kit with all of the screwdrivers Etc that you need for 10 or $15.

Reactions: Cheech Wizard
Hi Guy's,
Wow you Guy's are scaring me !
I have had my Mavic Pro Plat. For a short time and haven't had much time to play with it yet, I do have a P3 adv. & a P4 but can tell this Mavic Pro is going to take time to get use to, I feel shaky like I did when I first bought my P3 adv. , with them I gained my confidence after a bit, but you Guy's sound like me... thanks for the stories, I will be very careful till I get more confident for sure lol
SteveP55
I’m sure you’ll be fine. I’m brand new to drones and after a few weeks it feels second nature flying this thing around. Not that I’m so great. These things are just really easy to fly. My 10 year old can take off and land with no problem. I do still get amazed everytime it flys away and comes back. Technology is just amazing isn’t it?

They are not horrible to repair if you have the "I can fix it" attitude. Most of the "hard to get" parts are available on EBAY and are OEM as it makes no sense to try to replicate a part that is not in high demand.

Reactions: wombat
I made sure I got the dji refresh. It’s my first drone and it was worth 100 dollars just to have a little piece of mind. That’s a lot of many flying around up there

I’m sure you’ll be fine. I’m brand new to drones and after a few weeks it feels second nature flying this thing around. Not that I’m so great. These things are just really easy to fly. My 10 year old can take off and land with no problem. I do still get amazed everytime it flys away and comes back. Technology is just amazing isn’t it?
Hi buttons276,
It is amazing, I have sent my p3adv. And p4 on way point missions and each time they come back I'm so relieved , the technology is awesome, I just need more time for the MP, then it will be on, Happy Flying
SteveP55

Reactions: buttons276
What happened to your guys drones that made it need to be replaced. Just curious. I saw one YouTube guy crash the crap out of one and still only had broken props
They crashed differently. it all depends on how you hit, where you hit, what you hit, and then add in the 'no-one knows' factor because physics.

They are not horrible to repair if you have the "I can fix it" attitude. Most of the "hard to get" parts are available on EBAY and are OEM as it makes no sense to try to replicate a part that is not in high demand.

Hi Clockman, is there a part 2 of the youtube video ?

Yeah I’m afraid of speed mode to now. I got carried away. That thing turned like a race car drifting though. It was pretty cool I have to say. But I just missed a sign. I have noticed I have terrible depth perception

You can't count on your depth perception. There are no references in the sky and if you are watching the monitor things look further away then they really are. I have played back some videos that surprised me when I saw how close I actually was to some objects. Or was I?, and the video just made it look closer? The bottom line is be aware of your altitude at all times. And REMEMBER... in Sport mode Avoidance Sensors are turned off.

I'm almost 60 and eyesight not so great. I found Matt Black is the best color for me, especially during daylight hours. I have lights for dusk or dawn, but had trouble seeing the drone even on overcast days. Gray Drone and Gray Sky is not a good idea. I can actually see my drone between a 1/4 mile and a 1/2 mile now. Can't help with the depth perception.

Nope, he shipped it from Cali to GA, and had it back as he stated.
Just curious why he would ship it to Georgia from California when DJI repair center is in California. Seems to me it would be quicker to use the repair facility closest to you. Not to mention DJI's website shows no repair centers in Georgia.

Just curious why he would ship it to Georgia from California when DJI repair center is in California. Seems to me it would be quicker to use the repair facility closest to you. Not to mention DJI's website shows no repair centers in Georgia.

I am not DJI. I am an approved vendor here on Mavicpilots and my turnaround time and prices are a fraction of DJI's. :)

I don’t have any type of insurance. I love flying over the water and in 4 years have only lost one drone. I use dynamic homepoint when on a boat so at least it will be close to me if it decides to return home.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hpknight