DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Now that the dust has settled... how is the Mavic 3 (and 3 Cine) really?

It was only a few weeks ago that DJI came out with two smallish foldable enterprise drones called the M30 and M30T (the T is for thermal) which you’d think would fill the role you’d expect for a Mavic 3 Enterprise edition. They even look like they were based on the M3 body although they are quite a bit larger. 48FFF917-2AC4-49E0-92F2-7B5BA680828C.jpeg

DJI has been clear that the Mavic 3 is a consumer grade line and they want to keep a very clear distinction from the professional grade products so my guess is there won’t be a Mavic 3 Enterprise model at least not for awhile. Then again DJI does have a habit of having multiple models that cover the same role but I just really wonder if there’s a need to have three different sized drones that all do basically the same thing.

It was only a few weeks ago that DJI came out with two smallish foldable enterprise drones called the M30 and M30T
Smallish ??
The M30 weighs just a little less than an Inspire 2 and has a slightly larger diagonal measurement.
... you’d think would fill the role you’d expect for a Mavic 3 Enterprise edition. They even look like they were based on the M3 body although they are quite a bit larger.
Then again DJI does have a habit of having multiple models that cover the same role but I just really wonder if there’s a need to have three different sized drones that all do basically the same thing.
The Matrice 30 is more than 4 times the weight of the Mavic 3
It's nowhere near the size or price class of the Mavic 3.
On top of that, it doesn't have a camera option that would be useful for serious photography or video.

Smallish ??
The M30 weighs just a little less than an Inspire 2 and has a slightly larger diagonal measurement.

The Matrice 30 is more than 4 times the weight of the Mavic 3
It's nowhere near the size or price class of the Mavic 3.
it folds up much smaller. They are advertising it as the portable enterprise drone.
On top of that, it doesn't have a camera option that would be useful for serious photography or video.
The Enterprise drones aren’t for serious photography or video, that’s what the Inspire or even the existing Mavic 3 is for.

I had the Mavic 2 pro for 2.5 years, it was a very good and reliable drone but there were some things about it that I was not comfortable with anymore (its age being one of them), so I sold it and went for the Mavic 3. After a few flights with it, my initial impression is very good.

1. Image quality is excellent, leaps and bounds better than the Mavic 2 pro in low light.
2. Video options are now sufficient (resolution and fps).
3. I cannot really stress how much the increased battery capacity helps. When trying to find and frame a good composition every additional minute of flight time counts.
4. Build quality is improved as well.
5. The basic remote controller lacks essential controls, for example I was using the second scroll wheel to adjust ev. The fly app could be better as well.
6. I'm not having the gps issues other people have reported. However, my (very) limited testing suggests that if the drone is near a wall, or building, the ttff is longer. For example, the first time I turned it on, I left it on the balcony, where it never locked more that 11 satellites. It did lock more than 12 satellites within a minute everywhere else I tried, having view to a clear sky.

Is it an expensive drone? Yes. Is it worth buying? Definitely. It is an excellent tool for anyone interested in photo/video quality. I'm also not sure if there are any other alternatives for this price/performance right now.

Reactions: Chrislaf
I had the Mavic 2 pro for 2.5 years, it was a very good and reliable drone but there were some things about it that I was not comfortable with anymore (its age being one of them), so I sold it and went for the Mavic 3. After a few flights with it, my initial impression is very good.

1. Image quality is excellent, leaps and bounds better than the Mavic 2 pro in low light.
2. Video options are now sufficient (resolution and fps).
3. I cannot really stress how much the increased battery capacity helps. When trying to find and frame a good composition every additional minute of flight time counts.
4. Build quality is improved as well.
5. The basic remote controller lacks essential controls, for example I was using the second scroll wheel to adjust ev. The fly app could be better as well.
6. I'm not having the gps issues other people have reported. However, my (very) limited testing suggests that if the drone is near a wall, or building, the ttff is longer. For example, the first time I turned it on, I left it on the balcony, where it never locked more that 11 satellites. It did lock more than 12 satellites within a minute everywhere else I tried, having view to a clear sky.

Is it an expensive drone? Yes. Is it worth buying? Definitely. It is an excellent tool for anyone interested in photo/video quality. I'm also not sure if there are any other alternatives for this price/performance right now.
it's Not leap and bounds in low light when it comes to glare from bright lights. And with photos... it's better but only a small leap.

it's Not leap and bounds in low light when it comes to glare from bright lights. And with photos... it's better but only a small leap.
Bright lights are an issue for most (if not all) cameras when shooting in low light. At least in my experience, video recorded with Mavic 2 pro in low light was almost unusable. So this is a huge improvement for me, judging from what I have seen so far.

Reactions: UAVquadman
Bright lights are an issue for most (if not all) cameras when shooting in low light. At least in my experience, video recorded with Mavic 2 pro in low light was almost unusable. So this is a huge improvement for me, judging from what I have seen so far.
not with lights on boats at night... the Mavic 3 has a sharp green glare. but when the lights aren't so bright... the Mavic 3 is better I agree. Nobody takes more photos and video of boats than I do.... if so... show me. when really dark out though... yes the Mavic 3 is much better with noise in dark areas.

but if you need 28mm... the Mavic 3 sucks! lol... i have both.
Yes, it does. I'm going to be so disappointed if a M3s is released with a 1" sensor on the 'Tele Camera' . . . .

I have had my M3 for a week and a half. I have really tried to decide if it was ”good enough” or should I send it back. After the first day, no decision. This is an amazing machine. Yes a few issues, but they don’t affect me much. GPS cold startup takes 2.5 minutes. Battery swap GPS reconnect takes 45 seconds. Both are noticeable and slow, but you just plan for it. I am amazed at how quiet the takeoff is, much more comfortable to launch without the noise. Camera is exceptional. Battery life is great. If the M3 had waypoint support, SDK support, and maybe Thermal it would be perfect. Cheers.
I’m with you.

It was only a few weeks ago that DJI came out with two smallish foldable enterprise drones called the M30 and M30T (the T is for thermal) which you’d think would fill the role you’d expect for a Mavic 3 Enterprise edition. They even look like they were based on the M3 body although they are quite a bit larger. View attachment 147226

DJI has been clear that the Mavic 3 is a consumer grade line and they want to keep a very clear distinction from the professional grade products so my guess is there won’t be a Mavic 3 Enterprise model at least not for awhile. Then again DJI does have a habit of having multiple models that cover the same role but I just really wonder if there’s a need to have three different sized drones that all do basically the same thing.

Just like Mavic 2 Pro Enterprise, there is a Mavic 3 Enterprise coming down the pipeline. The design is leaked already. It is very likely to have the same set of accessaries (i.e., beacon/speaker/spotlight).

M30/M30T are in a different league. They are four times heavier (4kg) and at least five times more expensive (10K+).

Mavic3Enterprise.jpg

Just like Mavic 2 Pro Enterprise, there is a Mavic 3 Enterprise coming down the pipeline. The design is leaked already. It is very likely to have the same set of accessaries (i.e., beacon/speaker/spotlight).

M30/M30T are in a different league. They are four times heavier (4kg) and at least five times more expensive (10K+).

View attachment 147447
you mean 3 or 4 times more expensive as your math is flawed.

Reactions: Kbviper
Does the Mavic 3 now have all the pano modes?

Does it have all the hyper lapse modes?

Does it have the Master shots?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
robqwe