DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Now this is why I bought the MavicPro!!

Nice job and great shots. The more you practice the better your shots will look. I really enjoyed them.

How did you travel with the drone? From what I've read I should put it in my carry on along with my spare batteries. I'm leaving for Iceland with Icelandair in a month.

I am a drone novice and the MavicPro is my first drone. I decided to buy the drone several weeks ago to use to take unique photos/videos during our family vacations. These photos and videos were my first attempt to use the drone outside of my neighborhood. We were in Iceland last week and I brought the MavicPro with us. I'm the kind of person that appreciates how easy an item is to use right out of the box. I only flew the drone manually, which explains the jumpy gimbal at times. I'll work on learning how to use Waypoint software eventually.... It was a wonderful addition to our vacation. Enjoy the videos/pictures:

cccf87e3feecfd458cceff920fb861b9.jpg

95b0ce6074f158a802ef143e9542f6a1.jpg
View attachment 10887View attachment 10888View attachment 10889View attachment 10890View attachment 10891View attachment 10892
Beautiful shots!

How did you travel with the drone? From what I've read I should put it in my carry on along with my spare batteries. I'm leaving for Iceland with Icelandair in a month.

Everything is a carry on. I loaded the drone and spare batteries in the carrying case. I put my chargers in my checked bag. No problems with customs in the USA or Iceland. No problems with airport security either.

Reactions: ANMIC90
To help with the jerky turns change your yaw setting from 25 to 20. It will allow you to make smoother turns.

Nice job, did you adjust the camera settings at all? Ive been messing with mine alot lately and still kinda seems like crappy pics in the mountains, trees look fuzzy im not sure what im doing wrong.

Nice job, did you adjust the camera settings at all? Ive been messing with mine alot lately and still kinda seems like crappy pics in the mountains, trees look fuzzy im not sure what im doing wrong.
Previously you would tap to focus. A newer FW update now has autofocus. However, many have complained the autofocus does not allways focus correctly. I still use manual and tap to focus. You might experiment to see which works best for you. If the auto has problems contact DFI Customer Support.

Weird the info on the update i was reading i didnt see anything with auto focus. I am a noob at this beside smartphone pics id take, when focusing say if i go up above trees a few hundred yards from a lake, do i focus it on the lake or trees closer? I think i kept tapping on stuff close on the screen. Its kind of hard to see if i got a good pic as dim as these ipads are even when turned all the way up. Wasnt even very sunny out.

I am a drone novice and the MavicPro is my first drone. I decided to buy the drone several weeks ago to use to take unique photos/videos during our family vacations. These photos and videos were my first attempt to use the drone outside of my neighborhood. We were in Iceland last week and I brought the MavicPro with us. I'm the kind of person that appreciates how easy an item is to use right out of the box. I only flew the drone manually, which explains the jumpy gimbal at times. I'll work on learning how to use Waypoint software eventually.... It was a wonderful addition to our vacation. Enjoy the videos/pictures:

cccf87e3feecfd458cceff920fb861b9.jpg

95b0ce6074f158a802ef143e9542f6a1.jpg
View attachment 10887View attachment 10888View attachment 10889View attachment 10890View attachment 10891View attachment 10892

Nice pics! I started a pic thread in the photo/video section.....You should post a few pics there!

Didn't calibrate anything, the Compass worked right out of the bag. I surprisingly had good gps coverage everywhere we went in Iceland.
That's amazing , I have several DJI products and I've had to calibrate the compass on all at least once , I recently got the Mavic and literally flew it right out of the box with zero calibrations , amazing technology...

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Odnicokev