DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

NPS Drone Ban

onetunepauly

Reactions
Can someone please explain to me why it is ok for the National Parks Service to ban drones in National Parks? It is concerning that they can decide to ban the use of public land whenever they see fit. I understand limiting operations because of wildfires and wildlife conservation, but when these things are not a concern there should be no ban. I pay taxes, I want access to public lands.

Reactions: RC5728 and BIGDAVE
Exactly. These are National Parks not Government parks. Just like when Obama just down the national parks during budget strike.

Way too much government over reach from both sides of the aisle.

Reactions: RC5728
People want peace and quiet in our parks, and drones sometimes take that away in a very upsetting way. So yes, it's OK to restrict them, even though we both wish they didn't.

If we as drone owners can represent our interest in a constructive way - perhaps with beautiful photos and videos, and a consistent effort not to antagonize, that might start to win people over. If we can, perhaps we will get access to the national parks again, set aside one day a month as a drone holiday, for example.

People want peace and quiet in our parks, and drones sometimes take that away in a very upsetting way. So yes, it's OK to restrict them, even though we both wish they didn't.

If we as drone owners can represent our interest in a constructive way - perhaps with beautiful photos and videos, and a consistent effort not to antagonize, that might start to win people over. If we can, perhaps we will get access to the national parks again, set aside one day a month as a drone holiday, for example.
National Parks allow 4 wheelers and other vehicles, so the noise thing is not really an excuse.

They should at LEAST allow permits to be purchased for flying on weekdays or something.

Not sure 4 wheelers are allowed in very many areas in our parks. But I do agree with you totally that permits and certain days for flying would be great.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DoubleBarS