DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

OA de-tuning??

Snow Bird 1

Reactions
Hi All;

Yes, I know there are many threads on OA vs the Sun, but am still hopeful DJI might still do something! I fly in wide open, sunny Arizona and until noon I have to turn OA off if I want to fly in any direction near to the position of the sun. Surely, there is something that can be done to "de-tune" or make the MP less sensitive to the sun??

I don't like turning OA off; and flying backwards etc is the same - our saguaro's can get pretty tall!!!

Just wondering (and hoping) of course!

Hi All;

Yes, I know there are many threads on OA vs the Sun, but am still hopeful DJI might still do something! I fly in wide open, sunny Arizona and until noon I have to turn OA off if I want to fly in any direction near to the position of the sun. Surely, there is something that can be done to "de-tune" or make the MP less sensitive to the sun??

I don't like turning OA off; and flying backwards etc is the same - our saguaro's can get pretty tall!!!

Just wondering (and hoping) of course!

Hey I am in az and I don't ever have problems with the sun but I use ND filters so maybe that is why.

Hey I am in az and I don't ever have problems with the sun but I use ND filters so maybe that is why.

Well since the obstacle avoidance sensors are on the left and right side of the Mavic and not influenced by the amount of light that the lens is taking in that would be negative ghostrider.

Applying an ND filter allows one to manually control the camera's aperture.

Since one can calibrate the obstacle avoidance sensors within the DJI Assistant 2 software might I suggest calibrating them.

Well since the obstacle avoidance sensors are on the left and right side of the Mavic and not influenced by the amount of light that the lens is taking in that would be negative ghostrider.

Since one can calibrate the obstacle avoidance sensors within the DJI Assistant 2 software might I suggest calibrating them.

I have calibrated several times but it does not seem to change the sensitivity. I was wondering if there is some "secret" method or lighting situation (during calibration ?) that might change the sensitivity etc.

I thought the camera had something to do with it because all my friends that fly have the same problem with the sun but I don't the only difference is ND filters.. Learn something new every day.

I have calibrated several times but it does not seem to change the sensitivity. I was wondering if there is some "secret" method or lighting situation (during calibration ?) that might change the sensitivity etc.

Thats kind of an interesting idea. Get a piece of waxed paper and cut two small circles that can just be slipped over the forward vision sensors. See if you can actually calibrate with them placed in front of the sensors. Just spitballin here...

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anton13