DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Obstacle avoidance side sensors not turning off in sport mode

randyatkinson

Reactions
I am making videos with my Mavic 2 pro and even in sport mode, where all sensors are suppose to be off, the drone will come to a stop and set off audio alarms when I fly between objects such as boulders or rock pinnacles. The drone will then move forward very slowly until it is past the squeeze point where I can again return to full forward flight speed. This is annoying as I can not get the shots I want. I never had this problem with my original Mavic Pro which did not have side sensors. I've done all recent firmware upgrades with the controller and drone. I am also using Race edition goggles when flying.
Another problem I am having in using the race edition goggles is that the goggles will override my programming of C2 button for auxiliary lighting so that auxiliary lighting can only be manually turned on and off by using the goggle's slide touch control.

I am making videos with my Mavic 2 pro and even in sport mode, where all sensors are suppose to be off, the drone will come to a stop and set off audio alarms when I fly between objects such as boulders or rock pinnacles. The drone will then move forward very slowly until it is past the squeeze point where I can again return to full forward flight speed. This is annoying as I can not get the shots I want. I never had this problem with my original Mavic Pro which did not have side sensors. I've done all recent firmware upgrades with the controller and drone. I am also using Race edition goggles when flying.
Another problem I am having in using the race edition goggles is that the goggles will override my programming of C2 button for auxiliary lighting so that auxiliary lighting can only be manually turned on and off by using the goggle's slide touch control.
Is it at all possible that you started your drone off in Sport Mode and really were in normal mode. ?>

The other thing you can do is shut the sensors down with Black Tape and you will get the low light warning but you should be able to negotiate that and still fly well.

Other than that , not so sure .

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly your Mavic 2 in the Rain.

Reactions: Saladshooter

It really sounds like you are in Position mode, not Sport mode. The M2P will want to take off in P mode even if Sport mode is selected.... you need to switch it back to P mode then into Sport mode to make it work as intended.

Is it at all possible that you started your drone off in Sport Mode and really were in normal mode. ?>

The other thing you can do is shut the sensors down with Black Tape and you will get the low light warning but you should be able to negotiate that and still fly well.

Other than that , not so sure .

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly your Mavic 2 in the Rain.
I tried flying recently and still found the same situation exists. I will try black taping the side sensors to see if that works. And also try without the goggles connected.

It really sounds like you are in Position mode, not Sport mode. The M2P will want to take off in P mode even if Sport mode is selected.... you need to switch it back to P mode then into Sport mode to make it work as intended.
I'll try doing what you suggest as well as altering the control variables on the controller and not connecting the goggles.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kclarke2929