DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Occusync = The Devil

m0j0

Reactions
I just returned from a distance flight.. it really wasn't "YouTube" far.. it was 16K feet. What was incredible was the video link. It was exactly the same from launch to landing. So I have concluded that Occusync is the devil.. it has to be.. Someone has sold their soul to get TX control and Video downlink so solid. It was incredible. I kept waiting for breakup.. nope ... I then checked healthy drones to check the signal map. I noted that the highest rate of error was 12.6 and for most of the flight it was 0-6.. mostly 0. I really don't know what that means but I do know that at no time did my P3p have results anywhere near that......

So I checked the logs and note that the P3p had double the errors that the Mavic showed on exactly the same path. It was months ago so maybe there are other factors that caused it but to the naked eye.. Occusync = Devil

dcedf16fc31ba0c7d65eca8f87102df1960a6403c8f8a1a11f6c1010c898f622.jpg

I wonder if the P4P and Inspire 2's "Lightbridge HD" is just a renaming of the Mavic's "Occusync"

Specs and capabilities are identical on paper so they must be the same exact technology right? It's just hard to believe DJI would bother developing different technology that does the same thing on the P4P/Inspire 2 when the Mavic's system has already been tested to be very effective. Why waste R&D resources when you can just rename and reuse the same stuff? :)

Reactions: jointeffort
I wonder if the P4P and Inspire 2's "Lightbridge HD" is just a renaming of the Mavic's "Occusync"

Specs and capabilities are identical on paper so they must be the same exact technology right? It's just hard to believe DJI would bother developing different technology that does the same thing on the P4P/Inspire 2 when the Mavic's system has already been tested to be very effective. Why waste R&D resources when you can just rename and reuse the same stuff? :)
I am just guessing that the new lightbridge with 4.3 mile range and ocusync with 4.3 mile range are almost the same with the exception of one thing... The "Ocu" (eyeball) part. With OcuSync you will be able to wirelessly connect two pairs of DJI goggles (which are not only visual, but somewhat controllers as well) and the handheld controller to the Mavic all three at the same time. To my knowledge there hasn't been any mention about DJI Goggles being compatible with the P4P or I2.

Reactions: jointeffort
There is a noticeable difference in the video downlink stability from P3 to Mavic Pro. I'm telling you.. It's the Devil!!

[clip clop, clip clop] What's that sound? Oh... VLOS patrol are coming to rain on your parade.

Reactions: auen1
[clip clop, clip clop] What's that sound? Oh... VLOS patrol are coming to rain on your parade.
They can come but it never rains where I live. Literally, it is sunny here more than anywhere in the US. So they can come but by the time they get here there won't be any water left. I don't listen to them anyway and dismiss most of their comments without reading. I know who they are... the same folks from the Phantom threads.

Reactions: liquidxtc13
LOL...haven't seen much of the patrol yet on this forum. I know the the Phantom forum they are out in high numbers. ;)

Occusync is awesome. I get much better signal than before, and this thing penetrates through trees. I haven't had to hit RTH yet (haven't really pushed it yet), where I had to using Lightbridge.

its just totally stupid for DJI to be doing this. The P4P is more expensive and is being billed as a pro camera platform. Why in Gods name isn't DJI making the same Occusync goggles and all, available to the inspire 2 and/ or P4P!?!?!?! Wouldn't pros like myself want the ability to connect wirelessly for shooting video FPV!?!?!?!? I think it was a mistake as they intended this Mavic to be a "sport" quad thus the occu integration. No sense as the entire line would benefit from wireless FPV goggles. Then again, judging from the crazy size of the supposed mavic goggles, maybe its best to get a 3rd party pair of goggles as portability in DJI's mind must only pertain to the quad itself......

Reactions: xpower180
its just totally stupid for DJI to be doing this. The P4P is more expensive and is being billed as a pro camera platform. Why in Gods name isn't DJI making the same Occusync goggles and all, available to the inspire 2 and/ or P4P!?!?!?! Wouldn't pros like myself want the ability to connect wirelessly for shooting video FPV!?!?!?!? I think it was a mistake as they intended this Mavic to be a "sport" quad thus the occu integration. No sense as the entire line would benefit from wireless FPV goggles. Then again, judging from the crazy size of the supposed mavic goggles, maybe its best to get a 3rd party pair of goggles as portability in DJI's mind must only pertain to the quad itself......
I agree. I'm really surprised the goggles aren't compatable with P4P and I2. If they were I'm sure they would have sold at least twice as many goggles.

I just returned from a distance flight.. it really wasn't "YouTube" far.. it was 16K feet. What was incredible was the video link. It was exactly the same from launch to landing. So I have concluded that Occusync is the devil.. it has to be.. Someone has sold their soul to get TX control and Video downlink so solid. It was incredible. I kept waiting for breakup.. nope ... I then checked healthy drones to check the signal map. I noted that the highest rate of error was 12.6 and for most of the flight it was 0-6.. mostly 0. I really don't know what that means but I do know that at no time did my P3p have results anywhere near that......

So I checked the logs and note that the P3p had double the errors that the Mavic showed on exactly the same path. It was months ago so maybe there are other factors that caused it but to the naked eye.. Occusync = Devil

Agreed, it's brilliant!

Sent from my iPad using MavicPilots

I would imagine it could be even better with 900mhz at least for penetration.

Has anyone tried flying over a wooded area (and beyond into a clearing) and then descending below the tree line? I wonder how well penetration would be at a distance of say 1/2 mile with a wooded area blocking VLOS.

I would imagine it could be even better with 900mhz at least for penetration.

Has anyone tried flying over a wooded area (and beyond into a clearing) and then descending below the tree line? I wonder how well penetration would be at a distance of say 1/2 mile with a wooded area blocking VLOS.

Don't know whether this qualifies but I did a very unscientific experiment yesterday. Got to 500 metres in an open park. Some largish trees ( 40 metres high or so) at c550 metres . Went beyond them and descended behind them to c30 metres and continued for about 150 metres = not one single glitch or break up. Wouldn't have had that on my Phantom.

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

I would imagine it could be even better with 900mhz at least for penetration..

That's a good point. I have had no issues flying anywhere. I always go and return without any degradation in video. Even DJI hating Yuneec and Autel folks agree... the new system is the best and it isn't close.. when P4p is in hand might be a different story but DJI CRUSHED IT.

That's a good point. I have had no issues flying anywhere. I always go and return without any degradation in video. Even DJI hating Yuneec and Autel folks agree... the new system is the best and it isn't close.. when P4p is in hand might be a different story but DJI CRUSHED IT.

Where do you live Mojo? I'm in the Phoenix area. Just curious.

Reactions: m0j0

Where do you live Mojo? I'm in the Phoenix area. Just curious.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
catalinbbc27