DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Occusync = The Devil

Yes sir I'm an Alamogordo operator. I fly just about everywhere.

its just totally stupid for DJI to be doing this. The P4P is more expensive and is being billed as a pro camera platform. Why in Gods name isn't DJI making the same Occusync goggles and all, available to the inspire 2 and/ or P4P!?!?!?! Wouldn't pros like myself want the ability to connect wirelessly for shooting video FPV!?!?!?!? I think it was a mistake as they intended this Mavic to be a "sport" quad thus the occu integration. No sense as the entire line would benefit from wireless FPV goggles. Then again, judging from the crazy size of the supposed mavic goggles, maybe its best to get a 3rd party pair of goggles as portability in DJI's mind must only pertain to the quad itself......

I talked with one of the folks "in the know" at the DJI booth at CES and although he would not divulge anything about their upcoming new goggles I could tell by his responses that the new goggles will not be real compact (as I would prefer) and will probably have every bell and whistle imaginable. Personally I want a simple compact wireless goggle to compliment the compactness of the Mavic. When I pressed this issue with him he did not seem pleased (when I harped about a smaller sized goggle) and I am now convinced that DJI is creating what THEY think we want, not want the end users would like to see.

All I want is some compact HD goggles about the size of Fatsharks that are either wireless or HDMI compatible with my P4P, Mavic and Inspire. I'm afraid I may be disappointed based on my conversation with the DJI rep.... I hope I am dead wrong and I hope we are all surprised when they release whatever it is they are working on...

Reactions: m0j0
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
James Hoogenboom