DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

OcuSync 2.0 with Goggle Hacks

MessySpiller

Reactions
Earlier I posted a similar thread in the Mini discussion group but realize now that I had phrased my question the wrong way and wanted to clarify in a new thread since the old one didn't produce the answers I was looking for.

Basically my question is: Can I employ a hack for non-goggle compatible drone such as the Mini 2 and still get the functionality of OcuSync 2.0? If so, please share your wisdom. If not, I'm wondering how the goggle hacks would affect video feed/range/latency? If possible I would like to have full functionality of the OcuSync 2.0 but if a solution exists that would produce acceptable results I'm open to that as well. I want to fly distances up to 2000+ feet with minimal latency and maximum control range/video feed. I am aware of rules regarding VLOS and will have spotters with me. My target price range for the aircraft itself is $500 or less. If necessary I could potentially shell out the extra money for a Mavic Pro but would like to explore alternate options first?

TLDR: What is the cheapest combo of products that would enable me to fly long distances with minimal video interruption (preferably OcuSync 2.0) using goggles?

Any help is appreciated!

Sorry, but no. OcuSync 2.0 isn't something that can be added to a Mini. You'll need a drone that was built with OcuSync to begin with.

Reactions: Thomas B
Sorry, but no. OcuSync 2.0 isn't something that can be added to a Mini. You'll need a drone that was built with OcuSync to begin with.
adding OcuSync 2.0 is not the question and the drone I mentioned was Mini 2 which does have OcuSync 2.0. The question is about using a drone that has OcuSync 2.0 but is not compatible with goggles (i.e Mini 2) OR utilizing a drone with long range video capabilities with Goggles without sacrificing latency and control.

Sorry, I just saw the first reference to "Mini" and missed the "Mini 2" references.

Does this video help?

Sorry, I just saw the first reference to "Mini" and missed the "Mini 2" references.

Does this video help?
I saw this video and would like to try this method but it doesn't address my concern that the video feed would begin to suffer over long distances. I feel that the wifi dongle mirror would undermine the OcuSync 2.0 would it not? If so, would the latency in the goggles still be acceptable or not? Thanks

I saw this video and would like to try this method but it doesn't address my concern that the video feed would begin to suffer over long distances. I feel that the wifi dongle mirror would undermine the OcuSync 2.0 would it not? If so, would the latency in the goggles still be acceptable or not? Thanks
Distance shouldn't be an issue at all. With the WiFi dongle mirror device, you are casting the screen from the phone to the Googles over a short distance, a couple of feet probably. OcuSync isn't being used by the goggles at all. The latency shouldn't be too bad, it will depend on the performance of the phone and the dongle that you have.

Distance shouldn't be an issue at all. With the WiFi dongle mirror device, you are casting the screen from the phone to the Googles over a short distance, a couple of feet probably. OcuSync isn't being used by the goggles at all. The latency shouldn't be too bad, it will depend on the performance of the phone and the dongle that you have.
this is what I was wondering Thank you!

Reactions: anotherlab
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DoubleBarS