DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Ocusync in new models compared to Mavic 1

rabidhyena

Reactions
So,
Im back in the game for a purchase (my mavic was stolen last year).
I generally fly in urban, signal-heavy, areas.
Still mulling over a zoom, a 2 pro, or maybe just another mavic as im sure i can get one of those cheap.
I just wondered how the new ocusync performs compared to the original.
Is it a big difference and real factor for my decision? or is there not much in it?
Cheers

Whats your mission? Thats usually the first question I ask myself, followed shortly by, "what is my budget?"

I find that in a suburban setting I get twice the range with my M2 vs M1.

Reactions: RogerMav
ok the 'twice' is enough for me to consider it a big bonus and a factor to weigh into the choice

So,
Im back in the game for a purchase (my mavic was stolen last year).
I generally fly in urban, signal-heavy, areas.
Still mulling over a zoom, a 2 pro, or maybe just another mavic as im sure i can get one of those cheap.
I just wondered how the new ocusync performs compared to the original.
Is it a big difference and real factor for my decision? or is there not much in it?
Cheers
Most definitely the new ocusync increases range, especially in areas with inference. Another reason I went with an M2P, longer flights with the new battery.

With the extended range, you’ll need that extra flight time getting back safely from a long flight.

I’ve owned a Mavic 1Pro before, for a short period and didn’t quite care for the shorter flight times as compared to my Bebop 2 Power which about matches the M2P on flight time.

Definitely get the M2P if budget allows, few hundred bucks more it’s worth it.

Good luck,
Paul

I think Thunderdrones advice is a good one. If you want to get into serious photography, the 20 MP camera on the pro is great. The Zoom only has a 12 MP camera, but the zoom feature is really nice. I started out with a Pro, but have converted it to a Zoom which fits my needs better. The pictures are just about as good, the only difference I can really see is the higher density of the Pro camera lets you zoom into a picture further, BUT, with the zoom camera I can zoom well in while setting up the picture.

Occusync 2.0 is great but not the primary reason I would upgrade. Compared to the original Occusync you get a 1080P feed at all distances instead of just short distances, more robust transmission, and an extra KM of maximum distance in ideal conditions. Latency and download rates are the same. It's a really stable system overall.

The M2P is a no-brainer in my opinion if you are just going to buy one and care about photography or like to edit your videos. Also keep in mind the M2P has two 4K video modes that give you almost the same 'zoom' capability as the M2Z (28mm & 40mm vs 24mm-48mm), without all the downsides of the Zoom's camera. If you're just flying around for fun though and want fun pictures/video to share on Facebook or whatever, you can save some money for sure.

Good thread on it that may help you decide what's best for you based on your intended usage: Thinking about adding a Zoom

Zoom rocks!

Reactions: Greenflash and ff22
I think Thunderdrones advice is a good one. If you want to get into serious photography, the 20 MP camera on the pro is great. The Zoom only has a 12 MP camera, but the zoom feature is really nice. I started out with a Pro, but have converted it to a Zoom which fits my needs better. The pictures are just about as good, the only difference I can really see is the higher density of the Pro camera lets you zoom into a picture further, BUT, with the zoom camera I can zoom well in while setting up the picture.
ToddCarey
Are you literally saying you installed the zoom camera on the Mavic Pro? Is that what you're saying, if so please fill me in...thanks!

ToddCarey
Are you literally saying you installed the zoom camera on the Mavic Pro? Is that what you're saying, if so please fill me in...thanks!
I believe he is referring to the m2 pro.
I don’t believe the m2 camera will install on any of the m1 series. May very well be possible, but some re-engineering will be involved.

I started out with the M2P, when I was speaking of the pro, I meant the camera, not the drone. Changing out the camera is not difficult, you just need to be careful when removing and setting the cable. I also agree that the cable connector is not one that you should consider swapping the camera around very often. For my work, which is not high end pictures, the zoom is a better fit.

I started out with the M2P, when I was speaking of the pro, I meant the camera, not the drone. Changing out the camera is not difficult, you just need to be careful when removing and setting the cable. I also agree that the cable connector is not one that you should consider swapping the camera around very often. For my work, which is not high end pictures, the zoom is a better fit.
Specifically what I'm interested is if you can install one of the Mavic Pro 2's cameras on the Mavic Pro itself.. Probably not but figured I'd ask? sorry for the confusion fellas & thanks for answering!

Specifically what I'm interested is if you can install one of the Mavic Pro 2's cameras on the Mavic Pro itself.. Probably not but figured I'd ask? sorry for the confusion fellas & thanks for answering!
#12 is a clue to get you started.
please post results when it’s done.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JeffN