DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

OcuSync vs Wifi

boybehindacamera

Reactions
Hi guys,

sorry for the basic post. Need solid confirmation before throwing cash at Dji..

I previously was a Mavic pro owner but sold it to buy a mini as the size suited my use.. bold eh.

the WiFi signal was beyond unusable, it would drop out at any distance and in rural/urban environments. I couldn’t get far at all, and if I did I had no confidence. Luckily I managed to return it after 2 months of trying.

Now the mini 2 has popped up, I’m no expert, but I understand OcuSync is a superior system. Will it take me back to the Mavic pro days (within the mini 2’s capabilities) or will I still struggle? I by no means am asking too much of the drone, flying in towns, over fields and the sea.. doesn’t seem too much to ask but for the mini 1 it was.

Any definitive insight would be great!

Will it take me back to the Mavic pro days (within the mini 2’s capabilities) or will I still struggle?
OcuSync 2.0 (in the Mini 2) is even more stable than OcuSync (in the Mavic Pro). If you were happy with OcuSync, you should be thrilled with OcuSync 2.0.

The experience of using occusync vs WiFi vastly better.

Better picture 1080p, smoother, very low latency. And in air 2, the 5.8g occusync is actually quite robust vs directivity ie you can simply point less directly

Last edited:
The experience of using occusync vs WiFi vastly better.

Better picture 1080p, smoother, very low latency. And in air 2, the 5.8g occusync is actually quite robust vs directivity ie you can simply point less directly
I’m pretty sure the pic your seeing coming back from the mini 2 is not 1080, but rather 720.

I managed to get around 2km with a Mavic Mini in rural environment which I thought was good given I normally only require to fly VLOS, I turned my Mini 2 around at 3km so yes much improved (CE Version).
I do wonder what makes such vast differences in people's experiences. I've seen a stock CE mini do 4km and back with 100% signal in a mostly rural area (with villages along the route, so some interference would be expected)

I see lot's of people having issues at 500m with their mini's, something I only got one time by accidentally flying behind a tree top.

OcuSync 2.0 (in the Mini 2) is even more stable than OcuSync (in the Mavic Pro). If you were happy with OcuSync, you should be thrilled with OcuSync 2.0.
Thanks everybody. And Wow! So other than the capabilities of the drone itself I can expect the same connection of the Pro and forget all the issues the mini1 gave me!?

The mini 2 is not only OccuSync 2.0, is dual channel as well that is another advantage over the Mini 1 that was single band 5.8 ghz for FCC and 2.4ghz for CE models.
The drone will select the better channel and frequency (in theory).

Reactions: old man mavic
@zeusfl not quite correct the FCC version for the US was only 5.8ghz but the CE versions were all duel band 5.8ghz or 2.4 ghz also the RCs were different to match the drones the new Mini 2 is duel band everywhere

I do wonder what makes such vast differences in people's experiences. I've seen a stock CE mini do 4km and back with 100% signal in a mostly rural area (with villages along the route, so some interference would be expected)

I see lot's of people having issues at 500m with their mini's, something I only got one time by accidentally flying behind a tree top.
I know from experience that not all DJI drones are manufactured equally, when I had my Mavic Air I flew a lot in one location, after a crash i received a new insurance replacement but quickly found serious connection issues flying in the same location, so much so I was able to demonstrate this using historical Airdata information to my insurance company... long story short the drone was replaced and I was able to return to a similar WiFi performance when compared to m original Mavic Air.

Reactions: Malcx
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maviclake