DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Odd drifting behavior

barney00

Reactions
Has anyone had issues lately with excessive drifting? Issues noted include slow rotation while hovering and more notable is after flying in a straight line and then letting off the stick the drone performs a large curved hook maneuver - instead of coming to a stop, it curves around several meters to one side and then back. Very troubling. I have conducted controller calibration and everything else - all is showing in the green. Maybe a lemon drone? This has had issues out of the box.

You posted in the General section. What model Mavic?
If you've done an IMU calibration on a level surface (there's debates if it has to be a perfectly level surface), and compass calibration, never crashed, then you may have a warranty case there.
It's possible you also have a vision sensor problem but usually it would stop with sensed objects rather than maneuver unless you have APAS enabled.

Has anyone had issues lately with excessive drifting? Issues noted include slow rotation while hovering and more notable is after flying in a straight line and then letting off the stick the drone performs a large curved hook maneuver - instead of coming to a stop, it curves around several meters to one side and then back. Very troubling. I have conducted controller calibration and everything else - all is showing in the green. Maybe a lemon drone? This has had issues out of the box.

There are several people on here who have/had this issue (me included) never found a solution, but the issue became much smaller after I got back home from holiday where it started.

my old post

another post

You posted in the General section. What model Mavic?
If you've done an IMU calibration on a level surface (there's debates if it has to be a perfectly level surface), and compass calibration, never crashed, then you may have a warranty case there.
It's possible you also have a vision sensor problem but usually it would stop with sensed objects rather than maneuver unless you have APAS enabled.

Mavic Pro.
Seems to be several significant issues, and not related to any calibration. I also have noted a lateral camera drift, which should not be possible? Some of the perceived visual drift I have observed when hovering apparently may not be the drone itself, but the camera slightly panning to the right. This occurred to me after I fired the MP up while it was sitting on a flat table, and the image obviously slowly shifted to the right (grid lines made this pretty obvious).
Then there is the obvious MP hooking drift after letting go of the sticks, and the odd flight paths (veering off to to the right when giving 100% straight forward control input).
I'm thinking a warranty issue. Every flight I have taken has had several control issues that firmware upgrades or calibrations have failed to rectify. My last MP did not have any of these crazy issues.

Reactions: Magilla Gorilla
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jmilonas