DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Oddity with Controller (Sounded like geiger counter)

Mickeyboo

Reactions
I was teaching a drone flying class yesterday and I had a very odd thing happen. Perhaps someone here can chime in on what they think happened. I had set the camera to shoot with manual exposure...after a minute or two of flying the iPad 4, 128 gigs ram Wi-Fi started to darken slow along with persistence clicking sounding similar to a geiger counter...it has been manually set to expose at 125th of a second but continually despite resetting it kept automatically going back to an 8000th of a second thus the dark screen. It could be reset to correct exposure but would just drift back and stay at an 8000th along with constant clicking sound.
Does anyone have a clue as to what was happening. This happened with latest version of Go4 app and also with Litchi so I don't think it's a software issue. Weather was overcast and about 70 degrees. All batteries were fully charged.

I noticed when I started MY MP today that it emitted a fast clicking sound. When I landed it was no longer making the sound. Everything else was normal.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
O'Ryan