DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Air 2 Off Road (here I go again)

Nice Job - however when navigating in trees and shrubs and looking for another option, never move sideways to an unknown area, instead rotate the drone first to make sure there is clearance first of other obstacles.

Mike

Reactions: A.O.
I agree I don't have the skills/ knowledge to build one either. the thing about the DJI one coming out is it doesn't look modular, everyone says you WILL crash in FPV and most drones look like they are easy to repair, the new DJI one not so much.
I know.....that could be a problem ? but there's always care refresh + ???

• Haha
Yeah, I cant afford another either, but that is what care refresh is for right?:D
Some of it is out of VLOS as it gets deeper into the woods, and I'm getting a little better understanding of where the bird is in relation to the stuff around it. All of the flights are on my property so no worry about hurting someone else. Sometimes I have to pivot it around on its axis to see where stuff is, or point the camera straight down or something. I really wish I could point the camera straight up so if I get in too deep I could look for an escape route straight up and out of the woods, but I cant.
I'm glad you like it.

Don't think Care Refresh pays for pilots running into obstacles because they didn't see them.

Maybe 3rd party insurance will, but DJI is a stickler on what it will replace (by them) under Care Refresh.

I do not think it takes videos however...
It most certainly does....ahhh...presumably. ;) 4K@60 it's printed right on the side of the camera ;)

Last edited:
Don't think Care Refresh pays for pilots running into obstacles because they didn't see them.

Maybe 3rd party insurance will, but DJI is a stickler on what it will replace (by them) under Care Refresh.
I'm not sure why you would say that, as Care Refresh has never denied a claim, it is a insurance policy with a deductible. Their new Fly Away policy extension is just a bigger deductible, that thus far no reports have surfaced that anyone has used that tier. You could in the past went full speed into a tree, turned in the pieces and DJI sent you a "new" drone. They don't ask for logs. Now their warranty....yeah they want logs and proof it was their fault.

So trying to fly through some thicker woods...

And on the way back I crashed...

At least you weren't over water!

I guess you're going for the "Film Noir" effect. Interesting but they always end so badly.

I guess you're going for the "Film Noir" effect. Interesting but they always end so badly.
Not going for any effect, got the drone to surviel/explore my woods.the videos are showing what I do for fun... different strokes as they say.
And it didn’t end so badly!

Your skill and control are IMO admirable but I really do think you are beginning to press your luck a bit too much with some of that notably around 1:55.
I am not arguing that developing the skill is detrimental to your flying, quite the reverse infact but .........

Would santa bring you a finer-mesh, air-2 version of this For Tello Drone Spherical Protective Cage Cover Guard Light Full Protection Protector Guards Accessories.
Oh, if only my Air 2 had the avoidance chops of the Skydio 2!

I'm thinking that will be too expensive, but we will see. I have been doing some research on FPV drones.. more at the starter level , Here is one I'm looking at
and if I like it I can move up.

$189 EMAX RTF Tinyhawk II Freestyle Ready To Fly Kit w/ Googles, Radio Transmitter, Case and 75mm Indoor Racing Whoop Drone
I'm going to recommend NOT going with one of these. They fly great for the first couple of flights but the ESCs are way undersized and will fry if you push it at all. I've had 3 now and there are loads of other bad reviews on them. I have since built my own for the same price I paid for the TinyHawk and am so much happier with it. I even added GPS so I can find it when I crash.

Reactions: hiflyer201
I'm going to recommend NOT going with one of these. They fly great for the first couple of flights but the ESCs are way undersized and will fry if you push it at all. I've had 3 now and there are loads of other bad reviews on them. I have since built my own for the same price I paid for the TinyHawk and am so much happier with it. I even added GPS so I can find it when I crash.
I don't believe I have the skill set to build one!

Reactions: Nile Mcmillion
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xa_