DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Air 2 Off Road (here I go again)

• Haha
Reactions: A.O.
Your skill and control are IMO admirable but I really do think you are beginning to press your luck a bit too much with some of that notably around 1:55.
I am not arguing that developing the skill is detrimental to your flying, quite the reverse infact but .........

Would santa bring you a finer-mesh, air-2 version of this For Tello Drone Spherical Protective Cage Cover Guard Light Full Protection Protector Guards Accessories.
I'm thinking that cage would make the drone so much bigger it would be harder to fit through some of the holes I go through.

And I may be pressing my luck a bit I will agree, but didn't Chuck Yeager do the same back in the day, press his luck? And if I crash (which I did yesterday) I wont die!!

I sometimes have to adjust the bird some , like at that 1:55 mark you mentioned, the obstacle avoidance will start beeping like crazy and I kind of turn or lower or raise or whatever till it quits beeping, then I can proceed. Seems like some of the stuff you can see in the video I never saw while flying, I watch the video and think OH MY did I get lucky!
But this is at least part of the reason I wanted a drone, to fly through the woods like this. I am a little off you know!?

I agree, your flying skills will come on leaps and bounds flying
as you are, but personally for me i wouldn't want to put my drone
at that much risk. ( i can't afford another) I'm assuming this is all
done out of VLOS just using your screen which makes it even more
tricky to judge distances from the trees etc. Cool to watch though.

I'm thinking that cage would make the drone so much bigger it would be harder to fit through some of the holes I go through.

And I may be pressing my luck a bit I will agree, but didn't Chuck Yeager do the same back in the day, press his luck? And if I crash (which I did yesterday) I wont die!!

I sometimes have to adjust the bird some , like at that 1:55 mark you mentioned, the obstacle avoidance will start beeping like crazy and I kind of turn or lower or raise or whatever till it quits beeping, then I can proceed. Seems like some of the stuff you can see in the video I never saw while flying, I watch the video and think OH MY did I get lucky!
But this is at least part of the reason I wanted a drone, to fly through the woods like this. I am a little off you know!?
How's the bird after the crash ????

I agree, your flying skills will come on leaps and bounds flying
as you are, but personally for me i wouldn't want to put my drone
at that much risk. ( i can't afford another) I'm assuming this is all
done out of VLOS just using your screen which makes it even more
tricky to judge distances from the trees etc. Cool to watch though.
Yeah, I cant afford another either, but that is what care refresh is for right?:D
Some of it is out of VLOS as it gets deeper into the woods, and I'm getting a little better understanding of where the bird is in relation to the stuff around it. All of the flights are on my property so no worry about hurting someone else. Sometimes I have to pivot it around on its axis to see where stuff is, or point the camera straight down or something. I really wish I could point the camera straight up so if I get in too deep I could look for an escape route straight up and out of the woods, but I cant.
I'm glad you like it.

Yeah, I cant afford another either, but that is what care refresh is for right?:D
Some of it is out of VLOS as it gets deeper into the woods, and I'm getting a little better understanding of where the bird is in relation to the stuff around it. All of the flights are on my property so no worry about hurting someone else. Sometimes I have to pivot it around on its axis to see where stuff is, or point the camera straight down or something. I really wish I could point the camera straight up so if I get in too deep I could look for an escape route straight up and out of the woods, but I cant.
I'm glad you like it.
Just a thought, the new FPV DJI drone that apparently is on sale from Tuesday
would be excellent to do your through the woods flying with......not sure on the
price yet though, i quite fancy it myself one day. Glad the air 2 seems ok ??

Reactions: Hank Fink and A.O.
And if I crash (which I did yesterday) I wont die!!
(light heartedly) True but your heart might be broken............for a while at least. Besides we might then have a protracted wait for the next nail biting installment, whilst your drone is being repaired.

• Haha
would be excellent to do your through the woods flying with......not sure on the
I'm thinking that will be too expensive, but we will see. I have been doing some research on FPV drones.. more at the starter level , Here is one I'm looking at
and if I like it I can move up.

$189 EMAX RTF Tinyhawk II Freestyle Ready To Fly Kit w/ Googles, Radio Transmitter, Case and 75mm Indoor Racing Whoop Drone

(light heartedly) True but your heart might be broken............for a while at least. Besides we might then have a protracted wait for the next nail biting installment, whilst your drone is being repaired.
All of these things are true!! And as I said, I WAS a bit frantic for a while searching for it!:oops::D

I saw somewhere yesterday that new FPV drone is going to be $1299 US

I saw somewhere yesterday that new FPV drone is going to be $1299 US
I've seen 1600 dollars which for me is about £1200 all this is online
speculation, we'll find out on Tuesday i guess. I'm really interested
in it for a possible future buy as it's a good way into the FPV world
as i haven't got the knowledge or skills to build my own. I was expecting
it to be a lot dearer than that ??

I've seen 1600 dollars which for me is about £1200 all this is online
speculation, we'll find out on Tuesday i guess. I'm really interested
in it for a possible future buy as it's a good way into the FPV world
as i haven't got the knowledge or skills to build my own. I was expecting
it to be a lot dearer than that ??
I agree I don't have the skills/ knowledge to build one either. the thing about the DJI one coming out is it doesn't look modular, everyone says you WILL crash in FPV and most drones look like they are easy to repair, the new DJI one not so much.

Sorta like watching a horror movie.....just waiting for that big bad branch to come out and getcha....

• Haha
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Danski_inthe_Sky