DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

3 Tamiami Trail

Dale D

Reactions
Site
vimeo.com
Perfect weather today- (74 F. 23 C), so I drove out to the Tamiami Trail west of Miami about an hour,(horrible traffic both directions, plus construction). I pulled off several places after first looking at the entrance to Shark Valley (National Park-Everglades), and seeing parking back more than a half a mile! Then I made a U turn and went back to the boat launching area that I like and got some really great images. I also got some great video footage which I will incorporate into an upcoming video.
The filming was done on the other side of the road from the park at about 50 feet altitude.
There are many boat ramps and many airboat owners take out their boats on gorgeous days like this.

( click to enlarge these)
Airboat moving through grass.jpgThree fishermen-7x drone view-best.jpg

Beautiful photos!

Thanks for these. Just makes us look even more forward to our trip in April to Naples. The Tamiami of course passes straight through the City. Those guys fishing surely are taking a bit of a risk with gators around. Our trip with Capt Mitch near Everglades City turned up quite few of the rather large size!!

Thanks for these. Just makes us look even more forward to our trip in April to Naples. The Tamiami of course passes straight through the City. Those guys fishing surely are taking a bit of a risk with gators around. Our trip with Capt Mitch near Everglades City turned up quite few of the rather large size!!
Yes- you are right. I am working on a time lapse video that I did yesterday too. During the middle of my shoot a medium alligator traversed my frame!

The parking lot was filled will more than two dozen flat bed trucks parked after off loading their private airboats. I didn't have much trouble finding subjects for my shoot.

As you know, April can be very hot and humid here as well as rain. Expect temperature in the high 80's Fahrenheit.

Dale

Yes- you are right. I am working on a time lapse video that I did yesterday too. During the middle of my shoot a medium alligator traversed my frame!

The parking lot was filled will more than two dozen flat bed trucks parked after off loading their private airboats. I didn't have much trouble finding subjects for my shoot.

As you know, April can be very hot and humid here as well as rain. Expect temperature in the high 80's Fahrenheit.

Dale
Hadn’t thought of private air boats but of course they must exist like *****y scooters we have here. They lower omissions and are convenient but often crash into pedestrians!! This will be our 16th visit to Naples so we are ready for the weather. Have been spending time trying to sort out registration for my MA2 as I have to show I have RID which I have of course but trying to get a Serial No change to reflect that that the FAA will accept is a nightmare. Vic Moss is helping-are you OK?

Hadn’t thought of private air boats but of course they must exist like *****y scooters we have here. They lower omissions and are convenient but often crash into pedestrians!! This will be our 16th visit to Naples so we are ready for the weather. Have been spending time trying to sort out registration for my MA2 as I have to show I have RID which I have of course but trying to get a Serial No change to reflect that that the FAA will accept is a nightmare. Vic Moss is helping-are you OK?
I'm surprised you haven't moved to Naples yet! It's getting like Miami now. Traffic congestion, crowds, high cost of housing, etc. We go there about once a year for a week end. Have relatives with a small condo inland.

I have had absolutely no problem getting my RID, but don't ask me how to do it! I just pushed every button I could. I am one of most conservative flyers on the forum. Rarely do I go out of VLOS or higher than about 150 feet. I am about to publish my Tamiami Trail video later today. You will see I got all of the action I needed at about 50 feet. I just wanted to clear the trees.

Lot's of rednecks in this area own airboats. They are forbidden to be parked on streets in my area of Miami. Ugly sight but they travel over the weeds amazingly on the Sea of Grass as the Everglades is called.

I'm surprised you haven't moved to Naples yet! It's getting like Miami now. Traffic congestion, crowds, high cost of housing, etc. We go there about once a year for a week end. Have relatives with a small condo inland.

I have had absolutely no problem getting my RID, but don't ask me how to do it! I just pushed every button I could. I am one of most conservative flyers on the forum. Rarely do I go out of VLOS or higher than about 150 feet. I am about to publish my Tamiami Trail video later today. You will see I got all of the action I needed at about 50 feet. I just wanted to clear the trees.

Lot's of rednecks in this area own airboats. They are forbidden to be parked on streets in my area of Miami. Ugly sight but they travel over the weeds amazingly on the Sea of Grass as the Everglades is called.
Just posted this to the forum

Just posted this to the forum
Thanks Dale and such an interesting cameo of what goes on. I guess you had a word with the swamp buggy guys before you recorded their trip? Yes we are wed to Naples as a destination and now have some very good friends there. We had a wander along the Fakahatchee Swamp broad walk on one of our trips and were greeted by a 7ft gator half way along.. Not being sure what we should do, and it seemed well asleep, we tiptoed past it to get to the bald eagle’s nest at the end of the route. As you will know!! we got back safely! Spotted your gator at the end of your excellent film. The RID issue is a bit of a pain but Vic says leave it until the Rules are live-26 March I think, and try again. He thinks DJI will probably sorted it out with the FAA-time will tell and I’ll have another go when we arrive.

Thanks Dale and such an interesting cameo of what goes on. I guess you had a word with the swamp buggy guys before you recorded their trip? Yes we are wed to Naples as a destination and now have some very good friends there. We had a wander along the Fakahatchee Swamp broad walk on one of our trips and were greeted by a 7ft gator half way along.. Not being sure what we should do, and it seemed well asleep, we tiptoed past it to get to the bald eagle’s nest at the end of the route. As you will know!! we got back safely! Spotted your gator at the end of your excellent film. The RID issue is a bit of a pain but Vic says leave it until the Rules are live-26 March I think, and try again. He thinks DJI will probably sorted it out with the FAA-time will tell and I’ll have another go when we arrive.
Of course I got permission from everyone in the video. They could care less, actually.
I would highly recommend the Big Cypress Swamp Walk from the visitors center, led by a park ranger. It requires reservations, a small fee, and you need to bring throw away clothes (pants, sneakers, socks) because you will be up to your waist in the Big Cypress Swamp. It is a fascinating one hour guided walk. Cameras are allowed and safe if above the waist.

Dale
Swamp Walk screen shot.png

Of course I got permission from everyone in the video. They could care less, actually.
I would highly recommend the Big Cypress Swamp Walk from the visitors center, led by a park ranger. It requires reservations, a small fee, and you need to bring throw away clothes (pants, sneakers, socks) because you will be up to your waist in the Big Cypress Swamp. It is a fascinating one hour guided walk. Cameras are allowed and safe if above the waist.

Dale
View attachment 172467
Thanks Dale. Will have a look at these. Not sure we’re up to a wade and the boardwalk seems a better option even though it has sleeping gators. Were we mad to tiptoe past?

Thanks Dale. Will have a look at these. Not sure we’re up to a wade and the boardwalk seems a better option even though it has sleeping gators. Were we mad to tiptoe past?
We saw no gators on our walk
it’s an experience you will not forget
Also visit famous photographer near there
His black and white images are huge and amazing
Clyde Butcher photography

We saw no gators on our walk
it’s an experience you will not forget
Also visit famous photographer near there
His black and white images are huge and amazing
Clyde Butcher photography
Will do and thanks again. Did you see the bald eagles nest at the end of the boardwalk (or is it “broadwalk?) both work for me! Perhaps some of Clyde’s work is at Corkscrew Audubon which we visit every year.

Will do and thanks again. Did you see the bald eagles nest at the end of the boardwalk (or is it “broadwalk?) both work for me! Perhaps some of Clyde’s work is at Corkscrew Audubon which we visit every year.
Check out this web site for Clyde Butcher
big-cypress-gallery

Reactions: twickers14
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PilotOne