DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Official Mavic Pro Range Leaderboard!

BTW does anyone know if there is a Leaderboard for Spark like this one? I just made a new World Record for the little guy:

thanks =)

Hello, I was pointed to this thread by a comment on youtube for my flight,

My flight was 25238,84ft (7.69Km/4.79 miles) the whole session can be watched here:

I added some basic CC legends.

Stock Mavic, no mods, just a cheap directional deflector.

Thank you. Very fun at the end, landed with 0% battery!

@JakeMaxxUAV
Hey eksffa,Great run nice area ,looks like a fun run. Pretty soon it will be a minimum of 22k to get on the stock board .The last 300m with 2 % was tighto_OThumbswayup. I dont have a clue what Your buddies in the background were saying ,but they were funny.Im willing to bet you dont need the parabolic reflectors on there.

Reactions: eksffa
Hello, I was pointed to this thread by a comment on youtube for my flight,

My flight was 25238,84ft (7.69Km/4.79 miles) the whole session can be watched here:

I added some basic CC legends.

Stock Mavic, no mods, just a cheap directional deflector.

Thank you. Very fun at the end, landed with 0% battery!

@JakeMaxxUAV

You can download the .dat file off the aircraft to check actual distance from home point.
CsvView/DatCon

You can improve signal by flipping the antenna legs side to side so that they angle forward instead of backwards. In forward flight the antenna angle will match the RC better.

Hey eksffa,Great run nice area ,looks like a fun run. Pretty soon it will be a minimum of 22k to get on the stock board .The last 300m with 2 % was tighto_OThumbswayup. I dont have a clue what Your buddies in the background were saying ,but they were funny.Im willing to bet you dont need the parabolic reflectors on there.

Thanks. There are some CC subtitles if you turn it on Kk they are funny yeah :D

You can download the .dat file off the aircraft to check actual distance from home point.
CsvView/DatCon

You can improve signal by flipping the antenna legs side to side so that they angle forward instead of backwards. In forward flight the antenna angle will match the RC better.

Very nice, thank you a lot for the tips, I’ll try it to find out how it improves my numbers.

I have double checked the correct distance on airmap i will edit the post with the correct number, which is 25,263ft

Airdata UAV - Flight Data Analysis for Drones

Reactions: JakeMaxxUAV
Do you have a picture of how your lining them up? I can't visualize what your saying:confused:

CsvView/DatCon

His airdata file was all that was needed to prove his flight distance, The air datafile was easily read by all,the DAT file is not necessary for proof.

That was a very respectable stock flight, keep in mind if you change the orientation of the antennas or anything else on it it's not considered a stock flight anymore. Nice job[emoji41]

His airdata file was all that was needed to prove his flight distance, The air datafile was easily read by all,the DAT file is not necessary for proof.

That was a very respectable stock flight, keep in mind if you change the orientation of the antennas or anything else on it it's not considered a stock flight anymore. Nice job[emoji41]
If the AC flies after disconnecting, then the .Dat file will be the only thing to record the distance.

Reactions: dirtybum and eksffa
Stock aircraft. Unknown Caller has also been 17.8k ft with a stock Spark.

Antenna mod as per the description but my girlfriend pointed out this same pilot has another fully stock spark record which coincidentally matches exactly the same range as my flight.

However it fell from 10m height as battery drop dead before land. Absolutely cool :)

, keep in mind if you change the orientation of the antennas or anything else on it it's not considered a stock flight anymore. Nice job[emoji41]
are you saying if your antennas are not properly oriented (like 1 is down and 1 is up or tilted)its not stock?Or when you talk about the orientation is it something you do inside the antennas or controler?

are you saying if your antennas are not properly oriented (like 1 is down and 1 is up or tilted)its not stock?Or when you talk about the orientation is it something you do inside the antennas or controler?

I was responding to the comment that you can change the leg antennas on the aircraft in, many believe once you change things on the aircraft or mod it, it no longer qualifies for the stock category

I've never tried anything besides manual flying, although I may try GPS waypoints to get around the 59k ft limitation.

I wouldnt be surprised if there were limitations set in the waypoints also.
I remember way back I think pheonix tried distance runs using way points on the p3 series and hit some kinda limits/complications. Maybe he can chime in

I wouldnt be surprised if there were limitations set in the waypoints also.
I remember way back I think pheonix tried distance runs using way points on the p3 series and hit some kinda limits/complications. Maybe he can chime in
Ok sorry I was away from my computer. the problem I was having and it was with a Phantom 2 vision plus was the drone had lost the controller sign for to long even in way point. I was using Litchi app. After I think 12 minutes of the drone not receiving a signal from the controller it goes into RTH and I was getting killing with the 17 mph speed. As you may know the P2 vision plus used the same setup as the P3 Standard with 2.4 and 5.8ghz signals. I had video feed & telemetry 90% of the time I was losing control sign to much. I would be on my way back and the speed would drop from 28 mph to 17 mph and I would come up short. pushing one of them P2's to 5 miles was not easy.
Dirty Bird helped me out on that with the Litchi. I was never able to get a very good top speed either and the numbers never worked out. set for 18000 and it work go to 17960. I fasted adding in a buffer.

Reactions: dirtybum
I went out this morning with the Protek batteries and a new set of Platinum props. Take the drone 46k came back had 25% battery turned it around and went out to 8500 ft and came back ( well almost) 557 ft short the last 2000ft on 1% at about 4 ft off the ground ( I did not want to walk that far) landed at 557 took out the back props with a weed ( I'm guessing). 2 things I noticed was lower motor rpm's and more stable speed. By me doing the last little run I did not get a datafile on my phone. Total distance was 109k, that from the data file on the drone. time was 43 minutes. main battery was at 1% showing and the 2 protek were at 1% also. when I picked up the drone main battery was off. still had a little in the externals.

I went out this morning with the Protek batteries and a new set of Platinum props. Take the drone 46k came back had 25% battery turned it around and went out to 8500 ft and came back ( well almost) 557 ft short the last 2000ft on 1% at about 4 ft off the ground ( I did not want to walk that far) landed at 557 took out the back props with a weed ( I'm guessing). 2 things I noticed was lower motor rpm's and more stable speed. By me doing the last little run I did not get a datafile on my phone. Total distance was 109k, that from the data file on the drone. time was 43 minutes. main battery was at 1% showing and the 2 protek were at 1% also. when I picked up the drone main battery was off. still had a little in the externals.
Playing it safe... go for 54k next time?
That brings up an interesting point. Is there a minimum altitude for the leaderboard? I never tried, but at some low altitude there must be a gain from ground effect.

Reactions: Lopez0015
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
suretybondsa