DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Official Mavic Pro Range Leaderboard!

Did the front compass mind the camera so close? I disable the rear compass and run on the front only because high current to the rear motors causes compass errors.
I haven't gotten any compass errors

If anybody sees you take off with that drone Bubba, they're going to think you're a terrorist, that thing looks very suspicious[emoji41]

flight was flawless and no issues reported or perceived (other than the error message). I have flown heavy loads for a year now and never seen that error before. maybe its related to the latest code on the platinum??

Ahh, you were in sports mode. Well that makes sense. With that much weight and sports mode, the motor current error comes when pulse width modulation reaches 100% for 1 or more of the motors. Basically the motor is at 100% thrust. You should avoid that as that is some serious current/power being pushed through those small motor wires. You will see heat issues and perhaps the wire insulation will start melting. Try to keep pulse width down below 70-80% as read on the tachometer. An air speed of around 31-34mph should be good.

I figure you Modded guys have the answer.Why cant you mod one of the small power banks (Anker ,Rav Power) to the mavic. Either mod the mavic battery to take the charge off the power bank while flying the or replace the ProTex's with a power bank.

Awesome flight man! Looks like a great flyin place. Kinda looks like the moon. You and @Phxbird57 have nice spots...I got a couple of those batteries coming next week i hope i get as good flight times as that. Can you post the airdata link? I like lookin at them.

I just about got everything to make my mod with. Once I get it together I am going to test fly with the same batteries that you used. I hope they will give me the same success as did you. Great job on your flying a venture.

I figure you Modded guys have the answer.Why cant you mod one of the small power banks (Anker ,Rav Power) to the mavic. Either mod the mavic battery to take the charge off the power bank while flying the or replace the ProTex's with a power bank.

Power banks are the wrong voltage and do not meet the high current demands of Mavic. Powerbank is 2s configuration, Mavic is 3s. Powerbanks are designed to deliver USB power levels which are tiny fraction of what the Mavic consumes.

Reactions: Duse
Power banks are the wrong voltage and do not meet the high current demands of Mavic. Powerbank is 2s configuration, Mavic is 3s. Powerbanks are designed to deliver USB power levels which are tiny fraction of what the Mavic consumes.
thank youThumbswayup

Looks like all my Mavic records were broken. Congrats to Lolo780 and amalia saputro!!! Amazing flights both of you!!!

You could always go back to the P3 and take Pablo's record, you guys use the same flying spot and you're probably the only guy that knows what he was using for those flights[emoji41]

Theres not much use for competition with the Mavic, when there's a flight limit and no one can agree on the best way to compete with it after reaching it.

Reactions: chazz
You could always go back to the P3 and take Pablo's record, you guys use the same flying spot and you're probably the only guy that knows what he was using for those flights[emoji41]

Theres not much use for competition with the Mavic, when there's a flight limit and no one can agree on the best way to compete with it after reaching it.
What's up DB? Actually I found a P3 firmware 1.32 on ebay I am going to gobble up. Pablo's setup is more closely guarded secret then where Jimmy Hoffa is. I'm gonna try to beat him my own way.

Open Occusync is being worked on. Just a matter of time before it's all opened.

So far I'm at 133.2k ft total flight distance with the Mavic and only 3s 4500x2 battery mod. I've swapped one of my stock ac to a platinum ESC board for testing and if it shows improvement I'll try the stock ac record as well as install one in my long range ac.

So far I'm at 133.2k ft total flight distance with the Mavic and only 3s 4500x2 battery mod. I've swapped one of my stock ac to a platinum ESC board for testing and if it shows improvement I'll try the stock ac record as well as install one in my long range ac.
Awesome man!!! Good luck brother!!! I won't get back into the Mavic. I can't compete with you bro. Your too good at what you do. I think it's awesome the stuff you come up with. I'm not hating , your aero stuff is just amazing man!!! I can't wait to see what you end up with!!!

Its good to hear its being worked on but are you sure there isn't a setting in assistant?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PilotOne