DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Official Mavic Pro Range Leaderboard!

The p3 was/is easy, it's that simple.
Even though people are still doing it with the Mavic, the P3 was the beginning of drones for most people and long-distance for most people. A few of us started with the P2, but the P3 sold more units for DJI than any other.
The P3 distance era in its prime got more traction in comments, views and hours logged in on the forum than anytime since. Most of us didn't get any sleep, when we wasn't flying nonstop 10 mile flights, we was logged in talking about it.
A bit of that rolled over to the P4, but the P4, similar in ways to the Mavic, was real finicky. It couldn't carry as much weight, had the take off issues with externals, definitely shell cracks, and I mean bad enough that the motor could fall off. It also had that power issue where if you flew full throttle, you just couldn't get as far, most people used the cruise control to dial it back, so you constantly had to adjust your speed. The P3, you just rubber band full throttle and go. Let's face it the numbers don't lie the P3 record is 85,000 feet and back. You're never going to see that with any DJI model.
I think it's kind of unrealistic to think that a Mavicpro2 will come out and not have all the limitations that we're already seeing, if not more.
That being said, if you have a P4, get out there with it, it's still fun.

Edit: o.k unknown might beat 85k with his DJI matrice 600, if he hasn't already[emoji41]

Great story and sounds like an exciting time, thanks for sharing!

It wasn't a bad three days, I learned a lot about COLAS vs 107 operations and submitting Aerospace waivers with the new LAANC System using the AirMaps app. Fying BLOS was a hot topic, pretty much the FAA does not want you to do it. There was a lot of large companies like Amazon, Dupont and Airbus at the conference pushing to get there drone programs off the ground. I was there representing my fire rescue department.

skyninja, thanks for that response!

Oh how I wish you could share more details. If you feel up to it, I am sure many others would love to get more detail specifically about BLOS and what amazon feedback was presented.

i figure i will ask here as i am sure some of u distance warriors are using a modded dji go app. i downloaded a modded app from a link on here earlier in this thread, the app stated it did pano and sphere mode and the mods to the app made it less bloated and maybe more stable, it loaded up fine and connected to my mav right away but unfortunatly no pano mode, does any one use a modded version thats less bloated and has pano mode, the modded tx files and such dont mattter to me just stable

1.15 doesn't do panos on the Mavic. Unfortunately 1.22 is still a work in progress for patches and I wouldn't trust it for long range flights.
I almost lost my platinum tonight due to the app crashing and when I restarted it I was getting the airspace warning pop up every few seconds. Ended up auto landing it by satellite map and when I went to pick it up I had landed on the ground amongst many tall trees. Lucky for once!

F dji.

Reactions: ftttu and dirtybum
1.15 doesn't do panos on the Mavic. Unfortunately 1.22 is still a work in progress for patches and I wouldn't trust it for long range flights.
I almost lost my platinum tonight due to the app crashing and when I restarted it I was getting the airspace warning pop up every few seconds. Ended up auto landing it by satellite map and when I went to pick it up I had landed on the ground amongst many tall trees. Lucky for once!

F dji.
wow scary landing in trees, thanx for the heads up on 1.22 i downloaded it tday and was gonna test it out but rained all day

Good evening.
Below is a screen shot from my the day before yesterday long range flight attempt with my Mavic pro , complete stock (battery , and antenna). i was managed to do 6703,9 meters (21.994 ft) and I was landed with 6% battery , so 7000 meters was pretty easy possible due to the fact that i didn't face any signal issue at all!!! I belive that with this i am is top 20 stock leader board !! Do i have to do something else except to post this from my flight record in order to count my flight?IMG_0338.png

Good evening.
Below is a screen shot from my the day before yesterday long range flight attempt with my Mavic pro , complete stock (battery , and antenna). i was managed to do 6703,9 meters (21.994 ft) and I was landed with 6% battery , so 7000 meters was pretty easy possible due to the fact that i didn't face any signal issue at all!!! I belive that with this i am is top 20 stock leader board !! Do i have to do something else except to post this from my flight record in order to count my flight?View attachment 35001

Below are the instructions from the OP

• Screenshot showing the maximum distance from home, either from the DJI Go App, Litchi, or Healthydrones.
  • Screenshot of you making it back home
  • Please describe the flying environment, such as tree interference, hills, buildings, etc.
  • What type of mods, if any, such as antenna upgrades, battery mods, etc.
  • Tag me in the post so I get a notification. Tagging here is just like Twitter, @JakeMaxxUAV

Below required info:
Flying condition was low interference enviroment with hills trees (county side) , actually flying from my house to hill to maximum height of 300 meters.
No mods have been made to my drone or RC . Stock from the box. Used battery have 40 charging cycles under its belt.

IMG_0044.jpeg IMG_0338.png

Reactions: SkyNinja
Below required info:
Flying condition was low interference enviroment with hills trees (county side) , actually flying from my house to hill to maximum height of 300 meters.
No mods have been made to my drone or RC . Stock from the box. Used battery have 40 charging cycles under its belt.

View attachment 35010 View attachment 35011

Jakes going to also gonna need to know if you were wearing boxer or briefs (or commando) at time of flight and what you consumed for lunch that day?[emoji41]

Nice flight Vasco, grab you a newer battery for an extra couple thou!

Jakes going to also gonna need to know if you were wearing boxer or briefs (or commando) at time of flight and what you consumed for lunch that day?[emoji41]

Nice flight Vasco, grab you a newer battery for an extra couple thou!
Ha ha ! I know that battery was not at pick condition . Thanks for you post

Below required info:

View attachment 35010 View attachment 35011

Great result for a stock MP .. congrats!

Reactions: Vasco
What was the height you were flying at for the majority of this flight?

Was it constant or you varied it during the flight?

Height difference between my home point and max range point is approx. 300 meters. I was average above ground level approx. 60 -100 meters.

1400 feet at the end, your way up there. Never tried distance with that altitude bet it would go the 4.3.

For range & battery life improvements, visit us at Maxx UAV - UAV Long Range Solutions

Ok guys, now that some people are finally getting their Mavic's delivered, people are wondering what kind of range this thing has compared to the P4 & P3. We're looking for the longest distance from home, not the total traveled. If you would like to be added, please post the following:

• Screenshot showing the maximum distance from home, either from the DJI Go App, Litchi, or Healthydrones.
  • Screenshot of you making it back home
  • Please describe the flying environment, such as tree interference, hills, buildings, etc.
  • What type of mods, if any, such as antenna upgrades, battery mods, etc.
  • Tag me in the post so I get a notification. Tagging here is just like Twitter, @JakeMaxxUAV
I will keep this list updated. If I miss your post, please send me a PM.

Top Modified
Rank - Distance - User - Mods (#Post Number)

1 - 59,278 ft - lolo780 - Battery Mod, Maxx UAV EvoLite Kit Plus (# 2294 )
2 - 58,919 ft - Unknown Caller - Battery Mod, Terminator Extreme (# )
3 - 58,819 ft - CyberNate - Battery Mod, 4Hawks XR, Boosted (# 2366 )
4 - 55,470 ft - mlash - Battery Mod, Titan Cyclone (# 2374 )
5 - 50,380 ft - SkyNinja - Battery Mod, Titan Cyclone (# 2364 )
6 - 48,151 ft - beanbubba - Battery Mod, Birdside Amplifier (# )
7 - 47,751 ft - **mick** - Battery Mod, Titan Cyclone (# )
8 - 47,740 ft - Torchia32 - Battery Mod, Titan Atlas (# 2447 )
9 - 46,617 ft - Phxbird57 - Battery Mod (# 2328 )
10 - 46,213 ft - Japtastic - Battery Mod (# )
11 - 46,128 ft - digdat0 - Battery Mod (# )
12 - 45,084 ft - in10s - Battery Mod, Maxx UAV EvoLite Kit Plus (# )
13 - 43,343 ft - Ed209 - Battery Mod (# )
14 - 42,884 ft - Th.mayer - Battery Mod, FPVLR Antenna (# 2537 )
15 - 42,762 ft - Gh0stxSinghx - Battery Mod, 4Hawks SR (# )
16 - 42,570 ft - TheLightSpeed! - Battery Mod, Titan Cyclone (# )
17 - 41,282 ft - marcini - Battery Mod, Modified Antenna (# )
18 - 40,549 ft - dirtybum - Battery Mod (# )
19 - 40,011 ft - Maclak - Battery Mod, Maxx UAV EvoLite Kit Plus (# )
20 - 37,057 ft - DBS - Battery Mod, ItElite Atlas (# )

Top 20 Stock (No Mods, Straight from Box)
1 - 28,215 ft - amalia saputro (# 2342 )
2 - 28,193 ft - Unknown Caller (# )
3 - 27,643 ft - dirtybum (# )
4 - 27,108 ft - AvatarWings (# 2486 )
5 - 26,464 ft - fredz (# )
6 - 26,161 ft - DomoDan (# )
7 - 25,908 ft - amstar (# 1985 )
8 - 25,825 ft - Duse (# 2483 )
9 - 25,263 ft - eksffa (# 2240 )
10 - 25,210 ft - Phxbird57 (# )
11 - 24,126 ft - LGV850 (# )
12 - 22,965 ft - Jack (# )
13 - 22,775 ft - PhelipeFleury (# )
14 - 22,604 ft - CyberNate (# )
15 - 22,360 ft - Fanti (# )
16 - 22,134 ft - liberatecuba (# )
17 - 22,097 ft - RAMJET-1 (# )
18 - 21,505 ft - TheLightSpeed! (# )
19 - 21,401 ft - Jamison74 (# )
20 - 21,345 ft - Jacknet007 (# )

** Last Post Checked: #2580

I’ve been gone for so long... can’t believe I’m still on the both leaderboards.

I’ve been gone for so long... can’t believe I’m still on the both leaderboards.

Hasn’t been a lot of leaderboard movement over the winter. Do you still have your mavic? I remember at one point you were selling it.

Does anyone know how to get your power output to display in the radar on the DJI go app?

IMG_1034.JPG

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dochavez1986