DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Official Mavic Pro Range Leaderboard!

Great Job Lightspeed looks like you made it to Gila River there. ( for you that don't know we have rivers with no water).
@JakeMaxxUAV

40,086.8'

Modded -
Cyclone @TitanDronesInc
Battery Clip with a single 5.2 MS

Also with my oldest Mavic battery!

Also back at the home point with 2% to spare!

I'm blown away on how good these 5.2's do by themselves.

I'm tempted to try two 5.2's but I'm scared of the @beanbubba effect.

2921d3959bb014222c3874fe559c5d69.jpg
415a86625a5aa5816028cd590bb31a91.jpg

Reactions: digdat0
out getting my feet wet. this morning.I was a little put out . I checked for the firmware updates last night. Spent 40 minutes getting that done. So this morning I get to my spot hooked up and it's telling me needed firmware up date. I was using a different then the one last night. So after 30 minutes and then putting the Mavic's battery on my car charger (I'm not to sure if it charged any). and charging the controller. I was running out of time starting to get warm. I was using a Multi star 3.0 stripped on top. The ap was showing 91%. if any thing I was going to get some flight time in. I best for a complete round trip. I can see if everything was good an easy 45,000.
Airdata UAV - Flight Data Analysis for Drones

Last edited:
out getting my feet wet. this morning.I was a little put out . I checked for the firmware updates last night. Spent 40 minutes getting that done. So this morning I get there think hooked up and it's telling me needed firmware up date. I was using a different then the one last night. So after 30 minutes and then putting the Mavic's battery on my car charger (I'm not to sure if it charged any). and charging the controller. I was running out of time starting to get warm. I was using a Multi star 3.0 stripped on top. The ap was showing 91%. if any thing I was going to get some flight time in. I best for a complete round trip. I can see if everything was good an easy 45,000.

Yeah! Full of gas you would have went way further!

My distance run I had a 5.2 and a 3.0 lihv together!

I don’t update... still on .400

Reactions: digdat0
PtvnmLE.png

51ZvbMD.png

15,034m / 49,324ft tonight. A few extra loops at the end equals 32,231m traveled. 442m to clear terrain didn't help distance either, so definitely more to go...

My cooling for the motors and ESCs is working excellent, and the motors were barely warm on landing after 38:45s of power on. Battery temp at turnaround was 23.1c, and 27.5c at landing.

PtvnmLE.png

51ZvbMD.png

15,034m / 49,324ft tonight. A few extra loops at the end equals 32,231m traveled. 442m to clear terrain didn't help distance either, so definitely more to go...

My cooling for the motors and ESCs is working excellent, and the motors were barely warm on landing after 38:45s of power on. Battery temp at turnaround was 23.1c, and 27.5c at landing.

You are really stepping it up! Way too go! Soon you'll be knocking on the hard limit of 58,700 ft!

I like the motor mods you've done. I'll likely do the same cooling mod on mine. I don't really have any issues with long range flights, but super sport mode with small externals really heats them up. Good for motor longevity.

S9ikWQR.png

Bad signal strength meant climbing a lot higher than optimal on the way out.

G8Y1MfY.png

65m short due to drunken flight path and wasting power on the way out. Total distance was actually less than my last flight, so there's still more in it.

zQdbITY.jpg

Home point with UAV friendly fields.

r5XNj34.jpg

So close!

S9ikWQR.png

Bad signal strength meant climbing a lot higher than optimal on the way out.

G8Y1MfY.png

65m short due to drunken flight path and wasting power on the way out. Total distance was actually less than my last flight, so there's still more in it.

zQdbITY.jpg

Home point with UAV friendly fields.

r5XNj34.jpg

So close!
Lolo on fire!! Great job man (also Mav).
Wish i could do some runs...weather is impossible here and no 4000's.
Got 1 mav repaired but UPS managed to deliver a crushed box and my wife unnkowingly what was in it accepted. It was my modded mav so have to open up another one now, still wont be able to fly. Someone is doing the compass dance wrong i guess only causing rain!

Lolo great flight. that one picture looks like a pack mule with batteries.
Is there a different thread talking about the limit of the mavic. I was wondering.

362995BF-F82D-4C3D-A9F8-9BC7A92D55FD.png @JakeMaxxUAV

New PB for me 45,498ft, just a shame I had to climb so high.
Also today at a different location I reached 41,524ft with a single 5200 LiHV and had to climb even higher otherwise that possibly could've been my PB.

Flight route had trees, power lines and small towns

Titan cyclone
2 X 4000 LiHV multistar
MaxxUAV battery clip

Last edited:
Reactions: **mick**
Lolo great flight. that one picture looks like a pack mule with batteries.
Is there a different thread talking about the limit of the mavic. I was wondering.
My 1200g setup like that will still ascend at 9m/s and hover for 41min so could take more. Dual 4500HV Thunderpower packs would be right at 1237g only.

Last edited:
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
birdevyview