DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Official Mavic Pro Range Leaderboard!

Do you know the exact weight difference?
Is your original an early build without the twisted motor wires?

I've been through 4 Mavics now, but this "Older one" was bought in early April from Best Buy. It has the twisted motor wires. This new one I just got off of Ebay and appears to be brand new. No flight logs on it.

25gram difference

Old one: 498.45 grams
New one: 473.59 grams

That is without propellers and no battery, no gimbal cover or clip.

For range & battery life improvements, visit us at Maxx UAV - UAV Long Range Solutions

Ok guys, now that some people are finally getting their Mavic's delivered, people are wondering what kind of range this thing has compared to the P4 & P3. We're looking for the longest distance from home, not the total traveled. If you would like to be added, please post the following:

• Screenshot showing the maximum distance from home, either from the DJI Go App, Litchi, or Healthydrones.
  • Screenshot of you making it back home
  • Please describe the flying environment, such as tree interference, hills, buildings, etc.
  • What type of mods, if any, such as antenna upgrades, battery mods, etc.
  • Tag me in the post so I get a notification. Tagging here is just like Twitter, @JakeMaxxUAV
I will keep this list updated. If I miss your post, please send me a PM.

Top Modified
1 - 54,350 ft - CyberNate - Battery Mod, RexUAV CP, Boosted,
2 - 50,174 ft - Unknown Caller - Battery Mod
3 - 49,324 ft - lolo780 - Battery Mod, MaxxUAV EvoLite Kit Plus
4 - 46,213 ft - Japtastic - Battery Mod
5 - 46,128 ft - digdat0 - Battery Mod
6 - 45,498 ft - **mick** - Battery Mod, Titan Cyclone
7 - 45,084 ft - in10s - Battery Mod, MaxxUAV EvoLite Kit Plus
8 - 43,343 ft - Ed209 - Battery Mod
9 - 42,570 ft - TheLightSpeed! - Battery Mod, Titan Cyclone
10 - 41,282 ft - marcini - Battery Mod, Modified Antenna
11 - 40,549 ft - dirtybum - Battery Mod
12 - 40,011 ft - Maclak - Battery Mod, MaxxUAV EvoLite Kit Plus
13 - 38,737 ft - beanbubba - Battery Mod, Birdside Amplifier
14 - 38,057 ft - Gh0stxSinghx - Battery Mod
15 - 37,057 ft - DBS - Battery Mod, ItElite Atlas
16 - 32,808 ft - WillemH - Battery Mod, ItElite Nano Sync
17 - 30,440 ft - cderoche - Battery Mod
18 - 30,351 ft - Phxbird57 - Battery Mod
19 - 26,216 ft - Natedoggz - Battery Mod, 6dBi Antenna

Top 20 Stock
1 - 27,643 ft - dirtybum
2 - 27,578 ft - Unknown Caller
3 - 26,464 ft - fredz
4 - 26,161 ft - DomoDan
5 - 25,210 ft - Phxbird57
6 - 23,151 ft - Duse
7 - 22,965 ft - Jack
8 - 22,775 ft - PhelipeFleury
9 - 22,604 ft - CyberNate
10 - 22,360 ft - Fanti
11 - 22,134 ft - liberatecuba
12 - 22,097 ft - RAMJET-1
13 - 21,505 ft - TheLightSpeed!
14 - 21,401 ft - Jamison74
15 - 21,345 ft - Jacknet007
16 - 21,217 ft - Cameron1991
17 - 21,059 ft - Ozziebattler
18 - 21,010 ft - armyav8tor
19 - 20,485 ft - nick779
20 - 20,344 ft - darlordtom

Hey @JakeMaxxUAV need to move me up the list 3 more notches again from my previous run.

Airdata UAV - Flight Data Analysis for Drones

Had another rare low wind night at my locale. I hope this weather keeps up!!
dronemods-259.png dronemods-260.png

Awesome flight Bean! A new PR for you and you still had 15% battery remaining. You're going to be pushing 50K pretty soon!
Thank cybernate. I wouldn't be here without your support. And for all you noobs, listen to this man, he speaks the truth :)

Reactions: CyberNate
I've been through 4 Mavics now, but this "Older one" was bought in early April from Best Buy. It has the twisted motor wires. This new one I just got off of Ebay and appears to be brand new. No flight logs on it.

25gram difference

I have a brand new mavic under a month old and it is 475 grams (stripped down as you described).

I have another that is circa June 2017 and it is the same weight (just weighed them in my shop).

25gram difference

Would be interesting to overlay data to see why the new one is so much better. What firmware?

Bought a new Mavic aircraft and tested it out tonight with one of my old batteries to compare old Mavic to the new Mavic with the same battery and new Platinum Propellers for both. Wow, what a difference. The new one is better in every way. Way longer flight time and distance. I also see better GPS reception with full lock inside on my lower floor. My old one only locks when I put in next to the window.

On my old Mavic I got 20:15 flight time and 49,132ft. With my new Mavic flown a couple hours later on same battery, 56,837.4ft and 22:48. That is just crazy difference. My old one has a little extra weight with the 2 XT60 connectors and wiring plus a bit of dual lock, but it's should make that drastic of a difference.

Regarding different flight path, I'm using a better antenna on my old controller (RexUAV CP) which is why I could fly out further in this area with old Mavic. I used stock controller with the new Mavic and couldn't get out as far. In fact I was screwing around trying to get connection back at the turn with the weaker connection.

I think this new Mavic could be good for nearly 30,000 foot distance flight (60K round trip), especially if I use a new battery and fly at my usual range spot.

Old Mavic:
View attachment 23361

New Mavic:
View attachment 23362

This is good stuff, I don't plan on buying another Mavic until this one is dead from natural (or unnatural) causes, I'm glad to know when that time comes I'm looking at a few extra minutes real world flight time, plus more with external battery pack. You're gonna break all your own distance records easy.

Last edited:

25gram difference

When was the new one built?

Awesome flight Bean! A new PR for you and you still had 15% battery remaining. You're going to be pushing 50K pretty soon!
beanbubba, I'm wondering if cooler denser air makes a significant different in the motors power output on these distance runs. Airdate shows 54 degrees F, very cool.

I have not owned a drone for a full year yet, so I am learning new things each season. Today was the first cool fall day we had and I noticed the motors were barley warm after this last run (they are smoking hot on a warm day). Common sense would let you think there has to be some advantage??

Reactions: cderoche
I am not sure I see the obvious advantage to reversing the batteries. Please do tell of your theory.
2c8f28f9eab7146f9df61ca52781771c.gif

Good idea!

Does a battery expert here know at what temperature you should start to worry about reduced battery performance (at lower temps)?
More performance from your LiPo (Tutorial)

I found that keeping them hot during a 40 min flight is the issue due to low discharge rate and modern batteries having low internal resistance. Would be nice to ditch the fan and somehow use that heat directly on the batteries.

25gram difference

Just wondering how did you manage to go through 4 Mavics already, this bird isn't that old yet. Granted I realize we're modding, running long distance, pushing the limits on them. Were they all crashed?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Faustino