DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Official Mavic Pro Range Leaderboard!

No mods period! Put me at the top of the stock leaderboard! I never paid attention to fact that y’all created a leaderboard.
41c57d2e413483c2c0ebc741a44ad618.jpg

No mods period! Put me at the top of the stock leaderboard! I never paid attention to fact that y’all created a leaderboard.
41c57d2e413483c2c0ebc741a44ad618.jpg
Nice flight. the leader board is maxim distances from home point. from your picture that would put you around 14390ft

Reactions: cderoche
I need to replace the esc board on my modded mavic. I think I've damaged it given the poor efficiency I'm seeing now. I went a little crazy with the super sport mode and altitude runs with externals attached back in June. I've noticed that my flight time dropped about 4 minutes with my externals as compared to before. The difference is on the low end of battery, from 50% to zero. Drops very fast. It is especially apparent when comparing to new mavic. Fortunately I have a spare esc board.
Does it show up in esc temps? Try ballasting your new one to the same weight and hover them both until temps stabilize then compare temps and especially prop rpm vs pwm drive %.

One other thing I've done is demagnetize the #1 motor from high heat. I check mine by putting the bird nose up with stock props out to the sides. Motor cogging torque should hold the blades horizontal.

What’s that old saying, Go Big or Stay Home!

148165fc213daeb5602d688d5b26fe34.jpg

Well I when big today flying out over the bay with two Protek 3600s mounted underneath the bird. The weather was nice about 60°F with the light southwest wind about 2-3mph .The trip out was excellent, got to 50,000 feet with 60% battery left. After that things started going badly. I had obstacle avoidance turned off. But It appeared to kick in from sun glare 3 times forcing my bird to turn left at a 45° angle. Forcing me to try to get the bird back on track. Needless to say I got greedy and I should’ve just Stayed Home and not Gone Big. Came up 1207 feet short, one bird Lost to the bottom of the dark cold water of the Chesapeake Bay. I believe if I could have kept the bird straight on the same path it flew out I would’ve made it back. Oh well, time to go shopping for new Mavic.

490989cf33a5b4d230113b4a4075b8fd.jpg

Reactions: Ed209 and CyberNate

Well I when big today flying out over the bay with two Protek 3600s mounted underneath the bird. The weather was nice about 60°F with the light southwest wind about 2-3mph .The trip out was excellent, got to 50,000 feet with 60% battery left. After that things started going badly. I had obstacle avoidance turned off. But It appeared to kick in from sun glare 3 times forcing my bird to turn left at a 45° angle. Forcing me to try to get the bird back on track. Needless to say I got greedy and I should’ve just Stayed Home and not Gone Big. Came up 1207 feet short, one bird Lost to the bottom of the dark cold water of the Chesapeake Bay. I believe if I could have kept the bird straight on the same path it flew out I would’ve made it back. Oh well, time to go shopping for new Mavic.

Got ****[emoji23][emoji23][emoji106][emoji106][emoji33][emoji33][emoji33][emoji22][emoji22][emoji22]

Reactions: SkyNinja
Sorry to hear that. What speeds were you getting on the way back? That's good distance for 7200mah.

On the plus side, it's only a Mavic. This guy is crying now.

8d5a6d32626300b9c2b48d09d38b4901.jpg

Sorry to hear that. What speeds were you getting on the way back? That's good distance for 7200mah.

Oh my!!!! is that the remanants of a very expensive inspire??

31-33mph both ways, flight time was 37.38. The batteries preformed great, I just did not do my part great. I should have adjusted my return home height to around 50 feet and let the Mavic Direct itself back home. Like you said it is just a Mavic, not the first and want be the allow last Mavic to be lost by the members on this thread.

You know when I get my new Mavic I'm going to still send it!!![emoji38]

so you had the avoidance turned off in the app and you think it just kicked back on by itself, I really didn't know that was a possibility. The yaw sideways and have to get back on track is something that happened to me several times but only during the critical autoland sequence where you are trying to fight it to stay in the air on the Mavic, however the way it happened three times on your return is something that happened to me many times with the P3 & p4 when I had just a little too much weight. But you would think that your 442 g extra shouldn't of pushed the Mavic to have overloaded motors. oh and by the way you know what they say, it's not "go big or go home" it's "don't do distance runs over the water without a half mile of emergency landing". that's a no-brainer[emoji41]
all part of the game though

Reactions: cderoche

I know exactly how it feels, water is always hungry for another mavic. If i lived near some coast id lose one on a weekly basis and still keep goin'.
@bub: im absolutely sure rear/bottom mount is better.
Anyone heard from MM lately?

Reactions: SkyNinja
yeah it's very unlike sport bike to not check in 20 or 30 times a day[emoji41]
I wish him good health!

@SkyNinja, you said it was a southwest wind, does that mean you was flying out with the wind and coming back into the wind?

so you had the avoidance turned off in the app and you think it just kicked back on by itself, I really didn't know that was a possibility. The yaw sideways and have to get back on track is something that happened to me several times but only during the critical autoland sequence where you are trying to fight it to stay in the air on the Mavic, however the way it happened three times on your return is something that happened to me many times with the P3 & p4 when I had just a little too much weight. But you would think that your 442 g extra shouldn't of pushed the Mavic to have overloaded motors. oh and by the way you know what they say, it's not "go big or go home" it's "don't do distance runs over the water without a half mile of emergency landing". that's a no-brainer[emoji41]
all part of the game though

Hey @dirtybum did you see this one i posed a while back. It wast heavy and avoidance stuff was turned off..turned left maybe 20 times.

Airdata UAV - Flight Data Analysis for Drones

yeah chazz, that looked nerve-racking! it seems like one of the rear motors is just giving out every now and again.

50,000 at 60% is great #'s for ninja ( unless that was getting a push on the way out) those (2) protek 3.6 seem to work good. on my 50 run, I was down to 53% on the turn w/ the ms 8.0

I think I found my first cold evening anomaly of the season.

Airdata UAV - Flight Data Analysis for Drones

I was cruising back after what I thought was a leader board run (don't count your chickens), but at 14% reported battery, forced landing kicked in. I held the left stick up full but she came down anyway after a few seconds. I have no idea why this happened, but guess that cooler temps affected the battery performance at lower voltages??

You live and you learn. Now I have to go climb barbed wire fences in the morning to locate mi bird :)

View attachment 23407

That sucks! Hope you find it bubba...

I stripped the Mavic down for rewiring, but on a whim I decided to try a stock battery run. Wind wasn't ideal, but went for it anyways.

@JakeMaxxUAV
27,822ft should be the new stock battery record. Platinum props on this run.

5cd6de7c9bb8ef7128cfc51d0497dc3b.jpg

1344216df224bf05e092c9cb32acb658.jpg

Yes I accidentally flew past the home point and went an extra 39m.

fdea4b2a252f7ecc4ee02d36b40a16e6.jpg

You went out 5.2 miles on a stock setup to only 38% battery left and by some miracle made it back home and then some! I tip my hat to you sir you're brave!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Asteri