DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Official Mavic Pro Range Leaderboard!

The 9x3 should work well and I'll test them with my TP4500 + 3500 setup. I ordered the standard hub mounts and also the thin T style ones.
Full weight Mavic is 734g, 8ah of batteries 415g, plus battery mod (16ga xt30) and mounts means there's no reason to weigh more than 116x grams with 11.8 Ah.

If these propellers are drastically more efficient, it might make sense to run lighter batteries rather than the heavy 550grams of dual 4000s. It could happen that the heavy setup puts too much strain on the motors/ESCs.

It's unfortunately there there is no 8 inch version of this propeller. I'm not really wanting to cut up my body work to put these props on the rear. Are the 8x4.5 too aggressive for distance flying?

63ddab610f70ddbdf05e47a3234390fe.jpg
f464c4bcfd04b0f6ecbd64b968884180.jpg

I wonder what the effects of raising the props up a little so you don't have to hack up your rear end, it doesn't look like you have to raise them up very much .I have talented machine shop friends. Couldn't tell by your picture there Lolo, do those 9 inch props touch each other on the rear?
do you have a link to those red mounts in that picture, I couldn't find them.

The rear props spin fine in that picture, but I spaced the rear arms out at the pivot if you look closely.
Best way to raise the props would be to offset the arm itself and next best would be space the motor off the mounting face. A better idea would be lengthen the arm.

I haven't tried any distance flights with the 4.5 pitch props due to losing the aircraft. I'm working on another stock ac and have more props and adapters on the way.

DJI Snail Propeller Adapter (Pair of two)

Reactions: dirtybum
The rear props spin fine in that picture, but I spaced the rear arms out at the pivot if you look closely.
Best way to raise the props would be to offset the arm itself and next best would be space the motor off the mounting face. A better idea would be lengthen the arm.

I haven't tried any distance flights with the 4.5 pitch props due to losing the aircraft. I'm working on another stock ac and have more props and adapters on the way.

DJI Snail Propeller Adapter (Pair of two)

I went ahead and bought the snail adapters and T motors 9X3 props. I guess I have enough top shells laying around. I can cut the back off one of them just for testing these props.

I went ahead and bought the snail adapters and T motors 9X3 props. I guess I have enough top shells laying around. I can cut the back off one of them just for testing these props.

Keep in mind if you don't space the rear arms outwards, you'll need to remove or trim the battery upper shell. I ditched mine and saved 19.5g in the process :)

Keep in mind if you don't space the rear arms outwards, you'll need to remove or trim the battery upper shell. I ditched mine and saved 19.5g in the process :)

Yeah, I have extra top shells. I use one of them to hack up and cut away the rear like you did. I'll just tape down the gps/compass with zinc plate right on the mavic main board.

What exactly are "long range mods" or "battery mods" and how are people flying these things 50,000 feet away from Home without losing satellite signal? The farthest I've flown my drone from Home was around 1,600 feet away and occasionally it would say something about the signal getting weak or losing the signal temporarily.

What exactly are "long range mods" or "battery mods" and how are people flying these things 50,000 feet away from Home without losing satellite signal? The farthest I've flown my drone from Home was around 1,600 feet away and occasionally it would say something about the signal getting weak or losing the signal temporarily.
Satellite signal is for GPS and you don't lose that. The mavic radio connection (fcc mode) is good for over 50k feet if you have clear line of site and no interfering signals. People add external batteries as that is really the only limiting factor. Radio signal can also be limiting factor if you have interference or trees/buildings around you. The radio signal can be boosted with an external antenna and with boosters.

I finally found a new wrecked mavic that has a serial number starting with 08QUE8H... I'm pretty sure these newer builds are more efficient, like the one I had previously. Once I get it fixed up I can compare the flight time. Just needs new arm and gimbal. I'll finally have one worth modifying for long range which I saw 2 minutes more flight time as compared to older Mavic versions.

I finally found a new wrecked mavic that has a serial number starting with 08QUE8H... I'm pretty sure these newer builds are more efficient, like the one I had previously. Once I get it fixed up I can compare the flight time. Just needs new arm and gimbal. I'll finally have one worth modifying for long range which I saw 2 minutes more flight time as compared to older Mavic versions.

My new used one is 08QDDCG01200GR. What # was your old one?

edit: My original build that's now missing is 08QDE3V012018P

I’m on my third Mavic pro since June , had two replaced from the retailer under warranty .
My first was replaced because of poor battery consumption(battery discharge errors) , might of been the blue Amazon charger causing that though , The range on that drone was 3 miles out .
The second one I had was better battery consumption , stopped using the blue Amazon charger stuck with the DJi one and battery consumption was better and with no battery errors .
This drone could do 3 1/2 miles out , but it was replaced for another new one U2 camera malfunction .
This third one totally standard I did 4.1 miles out and back no problem.
i’ve had three mavics,all have flew and preformed very different from standard in the same location.

I’m on my third Mavic pro since June , had two replaced from the retailer under warranty .
My first was replaced because of poor battery consumption(battery discharge errors) , might of been the blue Amazon charger causing that though , The range on that drone was 3 miles out .
The second one I had was better battery consumption , stopped using the blue Amazon charger stuck with the DJi one and battery consumption was better and with no battery errors .
This drone could do 3 1/2 miles out , but it was replaced for another new one U2 camera malfunction .
This third one totally standard I did 4.1 miles out and back no problem.
i’ve had three mavics,all have flew and preformed very different from standard in the same location.

Interesting to hear that. If you have data from each ac, try comparing similar condition flights plus hover wattage.

Interesting to hear that. If you have data from each ac, try comparing similar condition flights plus hover wattage.

I was very green at the start and didn’t used to sync my flights so some of the longer distances I don’t have anymore , but one specific route I fly all the time and I can tell you I don’t think anyone of these three drones preformed the same .
It’s academic for me now , The Darkside captured me and I now have a titan Cyclone antenna and battery clip [emoji38][emoji85]

I was very green at the start and didn’t used to sync my flights so some of the longer distances I don’t have anymore , but one specific route I fly all the time and I can tell you I don’t think anyone of these three drones preformed the same .
It’s academic for me now , The Darkside captured me and I now have a titan Cyclone antenna and battery clip [emoji38][emoji85]

Oh you're talking about RC signal range. Hahah.
What about total distance they could each fly? Was that consistent?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brokerman