DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Official Mavic Pro Range Leaderboard!

28,193 feet and back with my Mavic Platinum. Pretty decent conditions I had compass issues right out of the gate so I lost about 30 seconds of flight time. I didn't have anymore batteries so I just continued on with the flight. Pretty decent run but , I am sure there is more in it. This Platinum is straight out of the box stock controller and no weight mods. I @JakeMaxxUAV Airdata UAV - Flight Data Analysis for Drones

Attachments

• Screenshot_20171107-081356.png
    Screenshot_20171107-081356.png
    671.6 KB · Views: 91
  • Screenshot_20171107-081516.png
    Screenshot_20171107-081516.png
    665.9 KB · Views: 86
Last edited:
58,919 ft. and back with the Mavic Pro -Terminator Extreme antenna boosted- 2x M.S. 4000 4.35 batteries Original props. I haven't got around to posting this on Mavic Pilots it's about a month old. This is the limit of the Mavic Pro. It has a glitch that kicks in right at 58k. We were hoping that the hackers could find the error in the code and fix it but so far nadda. This is a straight up battery mod no weight modifications and no hacks. Weight modded god we could go so much further its a shame.
@JakeMaxxUAV Airdata UAV - Flight Data Analysis for Drones
Wow, nice flight unkowncaller!!

I noticed auto land kicked in when you were 9500 feet away. Did you note the cell voltage at that point?

I noticed auto land kicked in when you were 9500 feet away. Did you note the cell voltage at that point?

I think he was flying 100% stock, meaning no parameter changes via DJI assistant 2. This means that autolanding kicks in at 11% when flying low altitude. The software doesn't really care about voltage, it just starts autolanding at that percentage. Not fun flying that far in autolanding mode. I've done it as well and it can get squirrelly

Mine doesn't pull off by hand, did you have to rip it off with a pair of vice grips? Didn't wanna destroy it...
I tried the pull method as well and it did not work for me either.
I took mine off like this. Just use the icepick to poke in gently and lift it works fine.
One.jpg
both.jpg

Thanks bro no I didn't I was trying to keep her between the lines. It gets a little hard to control in landing mode. I was paying attention to my altitude more then anything else.

Can i please be added to this board all stock except edited params all on .700 and go 4.1.8 android..i will break this record tomorrow ..that's 29550..feet

Attachments

• Screenshot_20171110-203452.jpg
    Screenshot_20171110-203452.jpg
    892 KB · Views: 65
  • Screenshot_20171110-204217.jpg
    Screenshot_20171110-204217.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 62
Last edited:
Thanks bro no I didn't I was trying to keep her between the lines. It gets a little hard to control in landing mode. I was paying attention to my altitude more then anything else.

is there a reason you have not changed settings in assistant2 to disable autoland and allow you to focus on making it home w/out the need to fight the stick. In an already modded leaderboard it would be accepted.

Can i please be added to this board all stock except edited params all on .700 and go 4.1.8 android..i will break this record tomorrow ..that's 29550..feet
Kidroc nice flight. but the distance their talking about is distance out not total in most cases. so to brake the record you would need to do 30309ft out and back with one stock battery. You will get there it's addicting.
Unless I'm reading your pictures wrong if so sorry.

That was my next move, its in there pretty snug.
Mine were in there pretty good also. I couldn't pull them out with pliers without breaking them! I just used the ice pick and the Mavic arm as leverage and they popped right out (no breakage).:)

Reactions: cderoche
37,445 feet out using Modded Mavic, 2x Multistar 3000mah batteries, Titan Cyclone Antenna System. Mountains on both sides, no trees (desert), a couple of concrete and trucking companies in the area. Conditions were a little gloomy in the desert, a little headwind out and on the way back! 100 ft elevation at takeoff and 1300 ft elevation at the turnaround point (accounts for the headwind in both directions). @JakeMaxxUAV

Airdata UAV - Flight Data Analysis for Drones

is there a reason you have not changed settings in assistant2 to disable autoland and allow you to focus on making it home w/out the need to fight the stick. In an already modded leaderboard it would be accepted.
I wanted to set the distance record without hacks. Keep in mind that flight is almost 2 months old. Back then I was against hacking the Mavic , until the distance limit was reached. I had hoped that someone thru Assistant would find the error in the firmware code and fix it. I figured that was are only shot of unlocking the true potential of the Mavic.

I wanted to set the distance record without hacks. Keep in mind that flight is almost 2 months old. Back then I was against hacking the Mavic , until the distance limit was reached. I had hoped that someone thru Assistant would find the error in the firmware code and fix it. I figured that was are only shot of unlocking the true potential of the Mavic.
And that was a beautiful flight, congrats!

28,193 feet and back with my Mavic Platinum. Pretty decent conditions I had compass issues right out of the gate so I lost about 30 seconds of flight time. I didn't have anymore batteries so I just continued on with the flight. Pretty decent run but , I am sure there is more in it. This Platinum is straight out of the box stock controller and no weight mods. I @JakeMaxxUAV Airdata UAV - Flight Data Analysis for Drones
Nice one! Any limitations with the platinum when it comes to whatever we re not supposed to discuss here?

:cool:Thumbswayup

Take some weight off and see how far you can fly past the home point. Maybe we should make an exception for anyone who can reach the software limit where they can add on distance after reaching home as long as it's on the same heading.

it seems the only fair way to handle this situation of a lockout distance is obviously (a) if the flyer manages to coast past the lockout distance, then obviously he's going to be in the number one spot. In the event that we keep coming up with a hard equal number for a tie, the leader spot would go to whoever can make it back with the most battery percentage left.
what do you guys think about that?

I agree there should be some clarification all around. Let's hear some input from those on the leaderboards.]

I put my vote in that if you're going to be on the stock leaderboard, you can't strip anything off of your Mavic aircraft, you can add new DJI props.If you're going to boast about being the lead runner of a stock Mavic, you can't take off cameras and strip off parts of the shell, that's a modification. I think that should also include using stock remote. I don't think there needs to be extra categories added. We've already been through these discussions with the other leaderboard's and it's best not to muddle them up. if you want to post in the leaderboard section that you took a swiss cheese looking Mavic that was all hacked up but you still flew 30,000 with only the stock battery, I'm sure everybody would like to hear that story, but it doesn't deserve to be on the stock leaderboard, and it's not going to get you very far on the modded leaderboard.
I love following along to all the different things we're trying and commend the ingenuity of the many mod/hackmasters here, but you asked for opinions and that's mine, it only makes sense[emoji41]

it seems the only fair way to handle this situation of a lockout distance is obviously (a) if the flyer manages to coast past the lockout distance, then obviously he's going to be in the number one spot. In the event that we keep coming up with a hard equal number for a tie, the leader spot would go to whoever can make it back with the most battery percentage left.
what do you guys think about that?
I don't think you coast past the limit. I have been out there 4 or 5 times at least. I've tried Sport mode , flying backwards , turning around after the limit is reached. Every flight gave me the exact same max distance 58,919 ft. I do like your idea though quickest run out to 58,919 and back takes the top spot. Makes perfect sense. Hopefully somebody smarter then me solves the problem , but until then your idea is the best alternative.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
johnny760