DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Official Mavic Pro Range Leaderboard!

20171120_152040.jpg
I bought that style hub and a set of the t motor style mounting which are supposed to be lighter still. At my shop I can machine adapters or will try to bolt the prop straight to the Mavic motor bell.
Can you weigh the Snail adapter?

The adapter collar, adapter, and prop are 8 grams. The collar is metal and a bit heavy.

View attachment 25261

The adapter collar, adapter, and prop are 8 grams. The collar is metal and a bit heavy.

Is that including the 3 mounting bolts? Do you think some weight can be saved by using a hex nut instead of the spinner?

Motor cooling looks much better as well. 8g is about the same weight as stock, so very good. The APC setup is +6g per corner.

Last edited:
Successful test flight with new props in front only. Used an old battery to just fly around. Front motors with new props no warmer than the rear. If anything, I think they turn just slightly faster than the Platinum. Might be good for heavier load. Only got 21 minutes at 33mph, but this battery is one of my original batteries and not a good benchmark. I think there isn't much difference in flight time at speed. I will test with my known battery. I'll be more interested to see how they handle a heavy load for my long range flights.

Something I've wanted to try is shimming the front arms so they don't fold as far forward. As we know, the rear motors do more work in forward flight. With no external batteries to adjust CG, moving the front props backwards might have some gain.

8.28 grams in total. The blades are quite long as you can see in the picture below.

20171120_162149.jpg

20171120_162344.jpg

At 15:07 on the video the per cell voltage shows 3.74vdc, x 3 cells = 11.22vdc. Is that what you mean?

Right next to the individual cell voltages it shows 12.8 total battery voltage. It should be reading closer to 11.22V. I don't think its a big deal i was just wondering why it isn't showing the correct value...

8.28 grams in total. The blades are quite long as you can see in the picture below.

View attachment 25263

View attachment 25264
104f6744668070bf81cf252ce5adca3d.jpg

Rear arms spaced out and screwed in place. The downside to this is the rear props move forward which isn't what we want.

I think a good solution will be to cut the arm on and angle such that it can be reinforced with carbon tow and epoxy. This can be done while keeping the stock hinge intact. As a bonus the rear props should get better airflow as well.

Cut carefully so as not to damage the wires. I didn't go all the way through and then snapped the remaining thin plastic.

82b4908a6f98208eca44d5c0e7eccae9.jpg

104f6744668070bf81cf252ce5adca3d.jpg

Rear arms spaced out and screwed in place.

82b4908a6f98208eca44d5c0e7eccae9.jpg

For **** sake! It gets exhausting watching all these hacks and surgeries and demolitions for a simple leaderboard thread[emoji41] it's like binge watching a heart tugging, emotion bending series 24/7.
Just get out there and fly already!

For **** sake! It gets exhausting watching all these hacks and surgeries and demolitions for a simple leaderboard thread[emoji41] it's like binge watching a heart tugging, emotion bending series 24/7.
I couldn't have stated it better myself... this is why we do it :)

Most people that want to be on the stock leaderboard don't want to have to hack up their Mavic to compete. 99.9% of people competing here are going to be honest. The one person that decides he wants to be the best stock flight so he's going to tack on a 1000 extra mah or drill holes and remove camera will not only have to live with his own fake glory, most likely it will be pretty transparent to the rest of us. As it stands right now there's not a huge competition for the stock board so I think you could just make it a rule that stock is stock and see what happens.
It's up to each of you to decide if you want to tell Jake to take down your flights if they don't comply with what the community feels the guidelines should be set at. I think as the board stands right now, unknown caller should be the stock leader. I also think mod board flights that didnt have a cam should go back to the drawing board. But that's just my old school opinion.

I will happily remove myself from the "modified" board if thats what the community wants (I still don't know the rules here). I think the "stock" definition is somewhat self evident (as many have declared in this thread), but isn't the definition of "modified" also self evident? Who defines that "modified" is anything except removing a camera? This is a slippery slope that goes downhill quick when a member is not willing to "modify" their bird in a fashion that others will perform and feel they have be slighted. Do we disqualify any bird without a camera? My bird still has 2 downward facing cameras that perform perfectly and still precision land my bird on RTH. Do you have to have 5 or 3 cameras to qualify? This is getting silly. As we stand now, there have been multiple reasonable proposals by several members and there is zero consensus on the rules of this game, nor is there anyone to state or enforce the rules. @JakeMaxxUAV might want to speak up since this is his thread and his rules :)

Reactions: dirtybum
That post was for Cybernate for ideas to fit the 9" props. I'm already clearanced for 9s.
Also waiting on more Thunderpower 4500s as I lost one with my aircraft, plus a video cable so I can have a camera again. (lost as well)
Apparently my 2 sets of 9x3 T motor carbons are in customs and should be delivered any day now. As always I'll be crunching all the data and will also try them on a 99.9% stock Mavic. 0.1% not stock for missing stickers.

Reactions: dirtybum
I will happily remove myself from the "modified" board if thats what the community wants (I still don't know the rules here). I think the "stock" definition is somewhat self evident (as many have declared in this thread), but isn't the definition of "modified" also self evident? Who defines that "modified" is anything except removing a camera? This is a slippery slope that goes downhill quick when a member is not willing to "modify" their bird in a fashion that others will perform and feel they have be slighted. Do we disqualify any bird without a camera? My bird still has 2 downward facing cameras that perform perfectly and still precision land my bird on RTH. Do you have to have 5 or 3 cameras to qualify? This is getting silly. As we stand now, there have been multiple reasonable proposals by several members and there is zero consensus on the rules of this game, nor is there anyone to state or enforce the rules. @JakeMaxxUAV might want to speak up since this is his thread and his rules :)
I calculated that the weight of the FPV camera mod will shorten your total flight by about 250m, or about 400 feet off your leaderboard score.

Interestingly enough that would put me one place down but won't make any difference for your position.

My thinking is that a drone should mimic flying as if I were there sitting inside it. I would want to see where I'm going and be able to navigate visually around obstacles. Taking away the camera is taking away what makes a drone a drone. Without a camera what's the point? It's an automated boomerang that I see leave and come back.

The other reason for my rationale is that the other leaderboards have already set a precidance n what should be allowed.

I won't do any significant weight modding as it's not my preference, but I'm fine with you guys doing it. I'm excited to see how far this thing can fly and believe that with the serious modding you guys are doing the phantom record can be beat.

How do you beat the phantom record with this given distance limit encoded in the Mavic

How do you beat the phantom record with this given distance limit encoded in the Mavic

I did some testing with Android and I think the issue is specific to iOS. Even if issue is also with Android, I know how to fake the controller location to make is look closer to the drone.

Reactions: digdat0
Would be an easy test to perform, w/android, just do a one-way see if you get past 60 and then ditch in the field and go get it.
What's your secret to trick it, and how would that affect an RTH situation?
How would that affect your DJI log, would it still show total distance, or would your total distance shown always be under 59

Would be an easy test to perform, w/android, just do a one-way see if you get past 60 and then ditch in the field and go get it.
What's your secret to trick it, and how would that affect an RTH situation?
How would that affect your DJI log, would it still show total distance, or would your total distance shown always be under 59

It is only the controller location distance that causes bug. For devices without GPS the controller distance is same as home point distance, but on GPS device it can be different. I use the app "Fake GPS free" to move controller location toward drone direction, but I don't use it as home point. Has no impact on distance from home point, but you'll see a second distance value that shows you distance from controller which will be less.

Lolo already verified on Android that you can go over 60k by following with his car.

Lolo already verified on Android that you can go over 60k by following with his car.

Just trying to wrap my head around this, if he followed it with his car then he essentially made the distance from controller to the aircraft shorter, so he didn't really solve the question if android can go past 60

Just trying to wrap my head around this, if he followed it with his car then he essentially made the distance from controller to the aircraft shorter, so he didn't really solve the question if android can go past 60

Yes, but I faked controller distance to both lower and higher values than 60,000 and flew just fine. You are correct that we need to prove it works, but I'm very confident.

Reactions: Soft7 and dirtybum
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
volpe