DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Official Mavic Pro Range Leaderboard!

I made an fpv camera setup that bolts in with the camera lense mounted to the gimbal plate with some foam.
Flying at night the cam is useless anyways, but I do like the option to swap a full gimball or fpv cam.

I would keep the camera, but lose the gimbal. The camera element works without the gimbal and ribbon cable. You can buy the camera element and braided line. Very light. A drone should have at least a camera. In the phantom leaderboard the record run of 85,000 ft is with camera and no gimbal, but I believe a camera at a minimum is required to count.

The 85000 p3 run was no cam at all.
That same flyer did do a 74,000 with gimbal-less cam taped on the front.

It was agreed amongst the flyers on Jake's other 2 leaderboard's that at very least a Camera of some sort needed to be on to count as a run.
That's why everyone included a screenshot right before turn around to prove it have a Camera, to count.

So was your record run w/ no cam at all lolo? Using map only?
Beanbub no cam at all?
What about yours nate? I'm pretty sure you had a camera on at the time didn't ya. And I know Keith did, he's never been one to remove anything, even in the phantom series.

Hey Bean you got to show some more pictures of that hacked bird. That thing looks crazy[emoji41]

I guess I should've been flying the Mav this weekend everybody was hitting good #'s.
I got a little calm weather for the first time in three weeks, if you call 8 mph calm. So I've been testing out the very expensive Proteks on the phantoms, looks promising.
744ea2d7dec73900aac86cc2255d8ab1.jpg

Reactions: CyberNate
Beanbub no cam at all?
What about yours nate? I'm pretty sure you had a camera on at the time didn't ya. And I know Keith did, he's never been one to remove anything, even in the phantom series.

My run was all stock except battery with camera and gimbal and stock parameters. Controller side had antenna and booster mod.

Reactions: dirtybum
The 85000 p3 run was no cam at all.
That same flyer did do a 74,000 with gimbal-less cam taped on the front.

It was agreed amongst the flyers on Jake's other 2 leaderboard's that at very least a Camera of some sort needed to be on to count as a run.
That's why everyone included a screenshot right before turn around to prove it have a Camera, to count.

Only 74,000? I think fully modded mavic can beat that, especially with fixed carbon fiber propellers. Will be testing some soon.

I won't do all the weight mods that some do, but might loose gimbal for a couple runs with aftermarket props.

With the p3 so many diff types of props were tested, different pitches would seem to be efficient but would make the bird slower.
Carbons seemed faster but didn't conserve battery, in the end it came down to the new set of standard props was the best, I would be surprised if it ends that way with the Mavic.which ones are you going to try first, the Tigers?

I only did one test flight with that camera lens attached to the mav right there. That was a quick flight this morning. With it mounted on the front nose at that angle all you can see is the ground, it's going to need adjusted to look almost straightforward, by the time you're full pitch it should be pointing at the right angle to see where you're going, I don't know about you, but I like the camera on there cause I like to hug the trees

Reactions: CyberNate
My best runs are without cameras. 53k full weight, xt60s, cased batteries, around 1220g.
New setup with gimbal and cam is under 1050g, same 8Ah externals. Sub 1080g with 9Ah externals so just a matter of the weather to cooperate for a good run.

I never paid attention to the stock leaderboard as I was battery modded and 40k+ right away. That only came about when I was switching from heavy gauge wire and xt60 over to 16ga and xt30 plugs.

Unfortunately I lost my fpv camera setup with the aircraft so am waiting for parts to build a new bolt in fpv.

With the p3 so many diff types of props were tested, different pitches would seem to be efficient but would make the bird slower.
Carbons seemed faster but didn't conserve battery, in the end it came down to the new set of standard props was the best, I would be surprised if it ends that way with the Mavic.which ones are you going to try first, the Tigers?

Yes, the 9x3 with snail adapters. Hover testes by others show huge improvement, but we'll see about forward flight.

That is a great idea! I had no clue you could de-couple them.
It's easy. 3 screws around camera lens and it comes off. Unplug the braided line. I'd buy another braided line and keep gimbal intact. Braided line attaches to the vision board.

Plug the board in as well. First time I tried this I didn't have the board plugged in as I thought it was just for gimbal power.

Plug the board in as well. First time I tried this I didn't have the board plugged in as I thought it was just for gimbal power.

Was you able to get it to work by just plugging the white plug-in, I couldn't get it to work until I plugged the vision sensors in also.

Have any of you flown with this set up? I did this morning, when I switched from camera view to map view, The camera view froze at its last known image. I had to toggle several times between camera mode and video mode to get it unstuck

Worked great, no VPS. I took pictures and video, switched map views and everything worked smoothly until this happened.
1c53c7cade4be24af6cf3825aab88f68.jpg

Last edited:
Beanbub no cam at all?
no camera

Worked great, no VPS. I took pictures and video, switched map views and everything worked smoothly until this happened.
1c53c7cade4be24af6cf3825aab88f68.jpg

You mean you had VPS disabled or you had it completely removed from the AC? Maybe I had to plug everything in because the sensors and everything are still attached. Question lolo, why was your camera facing the sky?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MJHind