DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Official Mavic Pro Range Leaderboard!

@JakeMaxxUAV
What do you guys think of this flight? My ipad air 2 overheated during my return and therefore the DJI Go 4 app was shut down and I don't have the complete flight record. I have the video leading up to the overheat part. But didn't think to restart the screen recorder after I got it going again. I only beat my own distance in the modded section using the 5200mah MS LiHV pack. 36085 feet. Here is all I have... the lines match up but not trying to make this a forensics examination. I can just retry the run later. Should be no problem.

image_6483441-4-jpg.24970

image_6483441-jpg.24971

image_6483441-1-jpg.24972

image_6483441-2-jpg.24973

image_6483441-3-jpg.24974

@JakeMaxxUAV
What do you guys think of this flight? My ipad air 2 overheated during my return and therefore the DJI Go 4 app was shut down and I don't have the complete flight record. I have the video leading up to the overheat part. But didn't think to restart the screen recorder after I got it going again. I only beat my own distance in the modded section using the 5200mah MS LiHV pack. 36085 feet. Here is all I have... the lines match up but not trying to make this a forensics examination. I can just retry the run later. Should be no problem.

image_6483441-jpg.24971

You could get the flight record by retrieving the .DAT. If the Mavic FW is 1.03.0800 or lower use the DJI Assistant 2 V1.1.0 and follow these instructions. If the Mavic FW is 1.03.0900 or higher use the DJI Assistant 2 V1.1.6 and follow these instructions.

Last edited:
Nice flight! Stretching those legs out. Going to have to get out and fly and improve my distance. You'll be passing me soon!

Edit: 22% battery left! You could have passed me right there.

I found this website that reports real time air currents at 300 foot altitude and I got lucky tonight where there is a doldrum right over my locale. I was able to get sub 3 mph winds the entire flight and able to compete with you leaders.

dronemods-345.png

Reactions: lolo780
@JakeMaxxUAV

image_6483441-jpg.24971

I wonder why your main voltage isn't dropping and showing 12.8V at 15:07?

I found this website that reports real time air currents at 300 foot altitude and I got lucky tonight where there is a doldrum right over my locale. I was able to get sub 3 mph winds the entire flight and able to compete with you leaders.

View attachment 25211
That is nice knowing what the wind is. Last few times that is what killed me. Going out at 31 mph and only coming back at 26 mph. Lrft me a little short.:confused:

You could get the flight record by retrieving the .DAT. If the Mavic FW is 1.03.0800 or lower use the DJI Assistant 2 V1.1.0 and follow these instructions. Is the Mavic FW is 1.03.0900 or higher use the DJI Assistant 2 V1.1.6 and follow these instructions.

Excellent I'll give it a try.

I finally succumbed to Lolo and gave up the security blanket of the camera system and realized that it was a false sense of security. After thinking about it, I never use the camera for distance runs except for the last minute of flight. After thinking about it more, I realized that auto-precision landing works perfectly without the main camera system. So I jettisoned the camera and all the front part of the aircraft. This saved a ton of weight. I still do my range runs in severely sub optimal locations and altitudes (but planning a drone vacation soon). Nevertheless, I am so competitive that I can't rest so I hacked my bird beyond recognition to stay in the running for the leaderboard. I can't wait for my drone vacation somewhere in the US desert southwest and attempt to compete with cybernate/Lolo/unknowncaller.

PS- not sure if it actually makes a difference, but I insulated my external batteries and pre-heated them in a hot pocket that Lolo recommended. Also, you have to extend the front compass well forward of the aircraft body or you get endless errors (note the poor silicon job in the picture).

dronemods-351.png

dronemods-350.png

I finally succumbed to Lolo and gave up the security blanket of the camera system and realized that it was a false sense of security. After thinking about it, I never use the camera for distance runs except for the last minute of flight. After thinking about it more, I realized that auto-precision landing works perfectly without the main camera system. So I jettisoned the camera and all the front part of the aircraft. This saved a ton of weight. I still do my range runs in severely sub optimal locations and altitudes (but planning a drone vacation soon). Nevertheless, I am so competitive that I can't rest so I hacked my bird beyond recognition to stay in the running for the leaderboard. I can't wait for my drone vacation somewhere in the US desert southwest and attempt to compete with cybernate/Lolo/unknowncaller.

PS- not sure if it actually makes a difference, but I insulated my external batteries and pre-heated them in a hot pocket that Lolo recommended. Also, you have to extend the front compass well forward of the aircraft body or you get endless errors (note the poor silicon job in the picture).

View attachment 25215

View attachment 25216

You're doin great Bub! The mavic is FUBAR, yes. So what? It's the game..

View attachment 25215

View attachment 25216

I would keep the camera, but lose the gimbal. The camera element works without the gimbal and ribbon cable. You can buy the camera element and braided line. Very light. A drone should have at least a camera. In the phantom leaderboard the record run of 85,000 ft is with camera and no gimbal, but I believe a camera at a minimum is required to count.

Wouldn't it be great if we could swap out that Achilles heel gimbal for a more robust one. That and its control ribbon must be the poorest design on a £1400 AC that anyone has ever produced

I would keep the camera, but lose the gimbal. The camera element works without the gimbal and ribbon cable. You can buy the camera element and braided line. Very light. A drone should have at least a camera. In the phantom leaderboard the record run of 85,000 ft is with camera and no gimbal, but I believe a camera at a minimum is required to count.

0656ef8f81a653f5501bc60baff41d25.jpg
e2f8419ae8435022592d385e01b479d4.jpg

Works fine.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brokerman