DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Official Mavic Pro Range Leaderboard!

Do you have a reference for the aircraft internal battery hookup mod? I feel the need to try this :)
The idea on this page:
Mavic Pro Battery Mod
Have not done it yet. This one requires a good plastics glue. Gonna mod today or tomorrow. There is a pic of the inside somewhere (black and white wires). Google for mavic pro teardown.
It s a bit tricky, you cannot really attach something from below if you want to have the connectors on top.

I think that in order for you to get on the leader board you must first have a Controller Mounted Antenna! Anyone can throw up a commercial antenna on a tower and go 10 miles! Just my 2 cents worth.

I think that in order for you to get on the leader board you must first have a Controller Mounted Antenna! Anyone can throw up a commercial antenna on a tower and go 10 miles! Just my 2 cents worth.
i think thats why it was a good idea to separate stock vs modded, and for modded we gotta share the setup. I kinda agree with your point, but even if he had a commercial antenna, there is alot more going on than just signal, battery, conditions and pilot come in alot. All of the top 5 runs have come in on autoland, which is super sketchy and has the chance of yaw spinning you out anywhere from 10-0%, even with perfect signal. I think the modded game is wide open, even with great antennas theres more going on IMO.

For range & battery life improvements, visit us at Maxx UAV - UAV Long Range Solutions

Ok guys, now that some people are finally getting their Mavic's delivered, people are wondering what kind of range this thing has compared to the P4 & P3. We're looking for the longest distance from home, not the total traveled. If you would like to be added, please post the following:

• Screenshot showing the maximum distance from home, either from the DJI Go App, Litchi, or Healthydrones.
  • Screenshot of you making it back home
  • Please describe the flying environment, such as tree interference, hills, buildings, etc.
  • What type of mods, if any, such as antenna upgrades, battery mods, etc.
  • Tag me in the post so I get a notification. Tagging here is just like Twitter, @JakeMaxxUAV
I will keep this list updated. If I miss your post, please send me a PM.

Top 20 Modified
1. CyberNate - 54,236 ft - RexUAV Circular Polarized, Boosted, Battery Mod
2. Unknown Caller - 50,174 ft - Stock, Battery Mod
3. digdat0 - 46,128 ft - Stock, Battery Mod
4. dirtybum - 40,549 ft - Stock, Battery Mod
5. DBS - 37,057 ft - ItElite Atlas - Battery Mod
6. in10s - 45,084 ft - Boosted NanoSync, Battery Mod
7. Phxbird57 - 27,900 ft - Stock, Battery Mod
8. Natedoggz - 26,216 ft - 6dbi Antennas, Battery Mod

Top 20 Stock
1. dirtybum - 27,643 ft - Stock
2. Unknown Caller - 27,578 ft - Stock
3. fredz - 26,464 ft - Stock
4. DomoDan - 26,161 ft - Stock
5. Phxbird57 - 25,210 ft - Stock
6. Jack - 22,965 ft - Stock
7. PhelipeFleury - 22,775 ft - Stock
8. CyberNate - 22,604ft - Stock
9. Fanti - 22,360 ft - Stock
10. RAMJET-1, 22,097 ft - Stock
11. Jamison74 - 21,401 ft - Stock
12. Cameron1991 - 21,217 ft - Stock
13. Ozziebattler 21,059 ft - Stock
14. darklordtom 20,344 ft - Stock
15. stratos - 19,226 ft - Stock
16. armyav8tor - 18,608 ft - Stock
17. Kestrel - 18,209 ft - Stock
18. LGV850 - 18,109 ft - Stock
19. Gh0stxSinghx - 18,103 ft - Stock
20. mrdave543 - 18,094 ft - Stock

I hope there's also an exclusive list of range leaderboards that is a two way flight. :)

Agree and disagree.
See, in FCC region the mod is limited by battery/endurance. So really does not matter how you modded the remote.
I agree, the complete mavic system should still be portable. I do admire the creativity of the home-station i must say, actually love it!
In CE region the limitation would likely be the HD signal although some are booking still unbeleivable results. The only way to improve this signal significantly is to boost the mavic side.
Another major limitation in my region is drone-haters. They somehow remind me of the "walkers".

I got discouraged last week by some retard that threathened me and my family. Not the threat itself shocked me, but the way the police dealt with this. They could actually "understand" this caveman's reaction! The reason i found out is because I had to contact the police and ask if they followed up on this case. They decided to get his side of the story and close the case. So over here the law is on the side of the paranoid and mentally challenged crowd that gets their opinion from the media and facebook friends. Sad really. These people do not want to be educated about this. They just hate it, unable to reason, unable to think. Devolution is a fact.
What im trying to say: if id try a similar run like @CyberNate in California over congested area facebook would see an exponential growth of drone haters adding fuel. Overflying, even circumnavigating a small village could get you in trouble.
That is actually the biggest limitation i ve come across in my short drone-carreer.

Agree and disagree.
See, in FCC region the mod is limited by battery/endurance. So really does not matter how you modded the remote.
I agree, the complete mavic system should still be portable. I do admire the creativity of the home-station i must say, actually love it!
In CE region the limitation would likely be the HD signal although some are booking still unbeleivable results. The only way to improve this signal significantly is to boost the mavic side.
Another major limitation in my region is drone-haters. They somehow remind me of the "walkers".

I got discouraged last week by some retard that threathened me and my family. Not the threat itself shocked me, but the way the police dealt with this. They could actually "understand" this caveman's reaction! The reason i found out is because I had to contact the police and ask if they followed up on this case. They decided to get his side of the story and close the case. So over here the law is on the side of the paranoid and mentally challenged crowd that gets their opinion from the media and facebook friends. Sad really. These people do not want to be educated about this. They just hate it, unable to reason, unable to think. Devolution is a fact.
What im trying to say: if id try a similar run like @CyberNate in California over congested area facebook would see an exponential growth of drone haters adding fuel. Overflying, even circumnavigating a small village could get you in trouble.
That is actually the biggest limitation i ve come across in my short drone-carreer.

Maklak, just morbid curiosity here, but how the hell did you get yourself in the position to even interface with the 'tard?

Maklak, just morbid curiosity here, but how the **** did you get yourself in the position to even interface with the 'tard?
Overflew 2 rows of houses to reach farmland to test a battery mod. I ve done this a couple of times in the past, never a complaint. Got intimidated by high winds, modified settings and RTH. Obviously a facebook group ( im not on that, never will) was there full of hate and gossip cause i know also 2 more drones buzz the area so now and then. No harm, they just pass by cruising.
The guy saw it coming down vertically in my backyard. I actually know him vaguely, our kids play together outside from time to time.
Edit: the guy actually introduced himself by " there is a group of people complaining about drone flights, i represent them"..imagine!

Overflew 2 rows of houses to reach farmland to test a battery mod. I ve done this a couple of times in the past, never a complaint. Got intimidated by high winds, modified settings and RTH. Obviously a facebook group ( im not on that, never will) was there full of hate and gossip cause i know also 2 more drones buzz the area so now and then. No harm, they just pass by cruising.
The guy saw it coming down vertically in my backyard. I actually know him vaguely, our kids play together outside from time to time.
Edit: the guy actually introduced himself by " there is a group of people complaining about drone flights, i represent them"..imagine!

That really sucks! Right in your neighborhood too. I've never had an experience like that in the Bay area. Some of my neighbors have drones and those that see me flying are simply interested in it. Perhaps because I'm 6'4" I don't get any flack? Or maybe people are just more laid back out here and accept new things.

Actually I did have 1 hostile encounter at an RC park. There was some guy there with an RC car and planes. He made it clear that he doesn't like drones, telling me how boring he thinks they are. He also gave me some grief for launching from a sidewalk because he thought I was too close to people. That's really the only time, and I could tell he one one of those ********, probably from East Bay (the other side away from silicon valley).

That really sucks! Right in your neighborhood too. I've never had an experience like that in the Bay area. Some of my neighbors have drones and those that see me flying are simply interested in it. Perhaps because I'm 6'4" I don't get any flack? Or maybe people are just more laid back out here and accept new things.

Actually I did have 1 hostile encounter at an RC park. There was some guy there with an RC car and planes. He made it clear that he doesn't like drones, telling me how boring he thinks they are. He also gave me some grief for launching from a sidewalk because he thought I was too close to people. That's really the only time, and I could tell he one one of those ********, probably from East Bay (the other side away from silicon valley).

Americans are much more tolerant and open minded than arrogant w-ern Europe, no matter what we shout over here. I have lived in the states for a short while, able to compare.
As said, (social) media is making things worse.
I decided to plot some routes to avoid structures completely for a while.

Haha. I thought drones were boring too compared to rc heli. Im sure i have spent more quality time both flying and tuning the mavic than i ve spent on any other individual heli and still love it! I think 'plank' drones are interesting as well. More endurance, insane range...but no time for that.

Reactions: CyberNate
I was looking at the stock leaderboard and dirtybum with over 27K feet. I am still new and learning but what kind of special conditions can make that possible? Do you have an airdata link that I could study? I can't get jack **** out of my stock setup.

Nice flight! Regarding leader board, we are measuring the furthest point from home, not total flight distance. So, for example, my flight was 108,600 ft, but on the leaderboard it's 54, 260ft.

I guess if I was number 1 I would brag at every chance too. If you guys haven't heard, Cybernate's championship run was 54260 feet :)

Reactions: CyberNate
I guess if I was number 1 I would brag at every chance too. If you guys haven't heard, Cybernate's championship run was 54260 feet :)
That true! It's not good for anything else than some bragging rights. Plus, it usually doesn't last long before Unknown Caller comes in and blows it away.

I really am not trying to be a ****, but I have a valid question about the leaderboard qualifications. I setup a course that I attempt all my range tests and purposely placed it so there is a big treeless open field approaching the home point. I have tested several times down to 1% and came up short and ditched in the field (but 100-200 yards short of the home point).

So my pointed question is this: how close to the home point do you have to achieve on the return flight in order to be considered a full round-trip? I have seen sometimes there is up to 5 yards margin of error on the home point location after a long run, so maybe that should be the starting point of the debate? Maybe set the rule to 20 yards?? The true records will be set as you fall out of the sky on fumes, but where you land should matter, right??

I really am not trying to be a ****, but I have a valid question about the leaderboard qualifications. I setup a course that I attempt all my range tests and purposely placed it so there is a big treeless open field approaching the home point. I have tested several times down to 1% and came up short and ditched in the field (but 100-200 yards short of the home point).

So my pointed question is this: how close to the home point do you have to achieve on the return flight in order to be considered a full round-trip? I have seen sometimes there is up to 5 yards margin of error on the home point location after a long run, so maybe that should be the starting point of the debate? Maybe set the rule to 20 yards?? The true records will be set as you fall out of the sky on fumes, but where you land should matter, right??
I think a homepoint controlled landing should be the criterium. Givevir take couple of inches..

Reactions: ZALEXANDERK
I think a homepoint controlled landing should be the criterium. Givevir take couple of inches..

I saw this youtube video where a guy made this fantastic long run range test and a level2 forced landing kicked in. He did a great job guiding it in, but had to run 10 yards from home point to catch it as it fell from the sky. Does this count as a full round trip??

Lol, I would count it. As for myself, I fly over water, so it's going for a swim. Got a case of the red mist chasing a cruise ship today. Fought a head wind all the way back, but she made it with plenty to spare, lolol

f434e200b348608b7c13ff0e558a1fef.jpg

60b713ad3d540f729c5b663f23bf8e6f.jpg

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UR7CR