DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Official Mavic Pro Range Leaderboard!

so i did a little digging into my flight logs on airdata. out of all of my 28 flights, 15 were taken off with battery % greater than 95%. in looking at those, 10 were over 3,830 mAH. even before i had that fslabs charger. after i got that charger, 4/5 flights were at 100% takeoff and over 3,830. i rotate my batteries but don't have them numbered so i don't know which is which specifically. the one flight under 3,830 was 3,826. the average for all 5 flights since i bought the charger was a starting power of 3,920.

if i look at my flights before i bought the charger (where i was using the fly more multi charger or just plugging into one bat at a time)...
10 were above 95% when i took off. so only looking at those. 6 were over 3,830 mAH. the other 4 were all over 3,816 mAH. with an average of 3,860 mAH for those 10 flights.

and if i estimate the mAH for the ones less than 100% at take off (by taking the start mAH, dividing it by the take off % and then multiplying the total times 100), i get an average of 3,923 mAH for the new charger vs. 3,862 mAH on the old charger. about a 1.5% difference. not sure if it's the new charger or just the batteries breaking in.

726e7ee1d08df4e31adb4f790b871c2f.jpg

So what it looks like if you trust what the app is saying they arn't overcharged and its a bigger capacity battery but who really knows if the app if is correct. My guess is it doesn't have anything to do with the charger.

Lets see some Csview logs that show battery %, watt seconds, remaining capacity, battery temp, battery current. Full discharge from 100%. Then we can see if these high number batteries are actually putting out more energy.

5QykowP.png

3596 mAh total capacity
134,813 watt seconds to the motors
Landed on 0% and 10.0V, 62mAh indicated remaining
1406 sec flight time

It's worth noting that half of the motor watt seconds occurs at 52% battery remaining. In perfect conditions that would be the turn around point to make it home. (barely)

QrH9TJV.png

3844 mAh total capacity
137,493 watt seconds to the motors
1381 sec flight time
landing 40 mAh remaining, 9.6v
53% remaining at half way (ws)

Last edited:
Nice run considering the steady 9mph cross winds both ways. You will kill it when you get a low wind day.
Thanks @beanbubba it was a scary flight after the turnaround. I lost all signal and video for about 3 seconds. When it came back I had full control but this is what I seen:

Signal Error1.png

It was like this all the way back home even though I was getting constant telemetry updates and video feed:
Signal Error2.png

The camera setting info also disappeared and never came back the rest of the flight either
Signal Error3.png

It was 40,140 feet of nail biting, for sure!

my batteries dont have capacity that high... is the recharge cycle decrease total capacity?

Attachments

• IMG_5599.JPEG
    IMG_5599.JPEG
    567.3 KB · Views: 38
My 5 in 1 charger charges to 4.37. You have to fly immediately after taking off the charger. If you wait overnight, the battery will have dropped back to around 4.32-4.33v.

Nate how do you get around that battery error at 4.37v? I always get the battery error that turns off the DJI battery and have to land and disconnect, then try again. I take off right away full speed.

Nate how do you get around that battery error at 4.37v? I always get the battery error that turns off the DJI battery and have to land and disconnect, then try again. I take off right away full speed.
We are taking about the internal battery voltage. The battery error comes when the external battery exceeds the internal battery voltage. In this case the internal is higher, so no issue.

Reactions: cderoche
We are taking about the internal battery voltage. The battery error comes when the external battery exceeds the internal battery voltage. In this case the internal is higher, so no issue.

Oh OK. Mine stock packs don't charge quite that high on the stock charger. I may go for the 5 in 1 charger if they really do charge them up a little more. I think mine only charge to 4.25v but the external LiHV ones go to 4.35v for me. The error must be in the voltage difference - the higher voltage in the external pack. If I can get the stock pack to charge up a bit more maybe the errors will stop.

If you're only getting 4.25v in the stock battery you could be missing a noticeable amount of capacity.
Would be interesting to compare mAh if you get the 5in1.

If you're only getting 4.25v in the stock battery you could be missing a noticeable amount of capacity.
Would be interesting to compare mAh if you get the 5in1.

Next time I fly I'll have to double check on that. Most likely its because I try to plan ahead and charge up the night before, maybe they discharge a little overnight. Thinking about ordering the 5 in 1 from Titan, I realize these are probably all made by the same manufacturer regardless of the color of the box or logo, they look identical. I've had the blue one before bought from eBay, it worked 3 times before it made a pop and smelled burnt and no longer worked. Returned it for refund. Then later I saw a video on YouTube that showed on some how bad a job of soldering the 110v connections were to the circuit board plus no ground. Maybe I'll try again but check the connections good before putting it to use. And add a ground like this guy shows.

Flew 29895 ft but ended up being about 6000 ft short from home. All stock except boost mode. MP ended up on top of a tree.
One cell of the battery was way low, dunno if balanced may have made it back :(:mad:
Airdata UAV - Flight Data Analysis for Drones

After a couple tree top recoveries that we're very dangerous, I'd almost rather my AC crashed into the concrete in an unrebuildable state. When it is destroyed, you pick it up off the ground and move on, when it's in the tree you can't think of nothing but getting it down, good luck bro, and be safe,a piece of electronics is not worth your safety.

Reactions: SkyNinja
After a couple tree top recoveries that we're very dangerous, I'd almost rather my AC crashed into the concrete in an unrebuildable state. When it is destroyed, you pick it up off the ground and move on, when it's in the tree you can't think of nothing but getting it down, good luck bro, and be safe,a piece of electronics is not worth your safety.

Yup, totally agree. Will try to stay safe...

@JakeMaxxUAV please put me on for 42,599ft

I turned around with 63% battery left because I knew I would have a hard time getting back home. I had a very heavy cross wind on the return, in spots I had to point the bird almost east (big-time crabbing) to continue going south. I really like these MS 4.0 lihv batteries. Even with the heavy cross winds, I still made it back with 24%. The turnaround point was about 1400 feet in elevation so I had to do a lot of climbing out and descending on the way back (as always). Power was 2x MS 4000mah LiHV (mounted under the heat sink on the belly) and Controller was modded with the Titan Cyclone.

I think to get any farther on this line I will need to go up and over the mountain in front of me. However, I have another line in the same area that should allow me at least 10 miles and then I will move to a big lake (28 miles long) to make the 11 mile run.

Airdata UAV - Flight Data Analysis for Drones

Reactions: JakeMaxxUAV
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicorll