DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Air 2 Ohio River Valley Sunset

There have been many sunsets like that lately. Looks like you do the same as i by threading the needle between Lublin and CVG airspace.

Reactions: WanderingSpirit
Nice photos.
What was the camera settings for DJI0031.jpg?
If you used a filter what filter did use?
Thanks
Gary - no filter and this one I believe was taken in single auto mode. I go back and forth a lot between manual and auto. In lightroom classic I'll typically edit with Texture around -20 , Clarity -5, and Dehaze +85 pretty consistently.

I'll vary the highlights, shadows, whites, and blacks some but typically stay between -20 to +20 based on the light. The only exception is with pano shots. They run pretty light friendly so I'll bring down the whites and blacks as low as -40 if need be. I don't mess with temp or tint and vary rarely come up on exposure. I will come up a smidge +10-20 on contrast if need be.

I'm always learning and open to other perspectives. I'm less than 9 months into aerial video and pics. Hope those lightroom settings help and provide a better idea of my method. I do have a tendency to run a little dark on my editing and have been asked to "take the sunglasses off" a shade or 2. So consider a + .15-.20 uptick in exposure. Take care !

There have been many sunsets like that lately. Looks like you do the same as i by threading the needle between Lublin and CVG airspace.
I'm in the Dayton-Bellevue river cities so I'm spoiled with these views off my front porch. I do find myself yielding to the occasional aircare heli out of Clifton and there's a single prop that flies out of Lunken who has an affinity for good sunsets also.

I hope to get more pics and video incorporating the bridges this upcoming year.

Gary - no filter and this one I believe was taken in single auto mode. I go back and forth a lot between manual and auto. In lightroom classic I'll typically edit with Texture around -20 , Clarity -5, and Dehaze +85 pretty consistently.

I'll vary the highlights, shadows, whites, and blacks some but typically stay between -20 to +20 based on the light. The only exception is with pano shots. They run pretty light friendly so I'll bring down the whites and blacks as low as -40 if need be. I don't mess with temp or tint and vary rarely come up on exposure. I will come up a smidge +10-20 on contrast if need be.

I'm always learning and open to other perspectives. I'm less than 9 months into aerial video and pics. Hope those lightroom settings help and provide a better idea of my method. I do have a tendency to run a little dark on my editing and have been asked to "take the sunglasses off" a shade or 2. So consider a + .15-.20 uptick in exposure. Take care !
Thanks for the reply. I have had one photo that was close to yours and I thank I did the same thing by jumping between manual and auto.
I'm really new at photography so any help sure helps.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Whitehammer661