DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Ok may be a dumb question but i have a Samsung note 9 that i use with my mavic air. How do you keep from phone trying to charge off of the remote?

I have the Note 8 and I don't think there is a solution to that. It's never actually caused me much of a problem though.

even if you use the standard USB port under the controller it will still charge if you are on a android device
i recently changed over to an IOS device and it does,not take as much power from the remote as the android did

always make sure that the controller and you device are fully charged before use and disable all apps not required by the go 4 app.

since i went over to IOS i can fly 5 batteries for about 18 mins each and still have over 60% charge left in the controller as apposed to around 40% with android

even if you use the standard USB port under the controller it will still charge if you are on a android device
i recently changed over to an IOS device and it does,not take as much power from the remote as the android did

always make sure that the controller and you device are fully charged before use and disable all apps not required by the go 4 app.

since i went over to IOS i can fly 5 batteries for about 18 mins each and still have over 60% charge left in the controller as apposed to around 40% with android
Another dumb question: what are the minimum apps/services required to fly the drone?

the reason you disable as many apps as possible is because the go4 app used a lot of the memory and power of the device and having a lot of apps running in the background can cause issues with the go 4 app and cause disconnects and connection issues during use my i pad is a wi fi only model no cell service and i have it wi fi enabled and bluetooth on when i fly i did the same thing with my previous android device and never suffered any issues i also do not cache to device when i record as i see no need to store images twice

Sadly there is no option for Android to disable charging your device, my Samsung tablet would drain my controller battery. One more reason to get an iPad ;)

Start out with them both fully charged and they will compliment each other as the power diminishes. Both should easily outlast your drone flight times.

Start out with them both fully charged and they will compliment each other as the power diminishes. Both should easily outlast your drone flight times.
I have 5 flight batteries, my controller battery is drained before flight battery #3 is done ;)
My Samsung tablet really sucks the juice out of the controller, my phone less so but it is horrible to work with. iPad is on the way....
I use my drone for mapping projects hence the long flights. iPad has a few other benefits besides not charging from the controller.

Sadly there is no option for Android to disable charging your device, my Samsung tablet would drain my controller battery. One more reason to get an iPad ;)
Does your Samsung pad work well with it though? Is it both wifi and cellular?

Does your Samsung pad work well with it though? Is it both wifi and cellular?
Wifi only, Samsung tablet A if I remember correctly, a bit on the old side and slow. It takes about a minute from turning drone on to actual liftoff. One frustration is that the tablet does not always recognize or do the DJI unlocks so I have to connect my phone first and go through the DJI unlock and then get the tablet to refresh etc.

I've been reading that IPhones offer an option for the "controller charging the phone" to be disabled. However, Android systems do not make that offer within the controller.

I'm thinking, as well, to make sure the phone is fully charged before connecting. This "charging" of my phone has now found me to check and make sure the phone and or tablet is fully charged before flight.

I have 5 flight batteries, my controller battery is drained before flight battery #3 is done ;)
My Samsung tablet really sucks the juice out of the controller, my phone less so but it is horrible to work with. iPad is on the way....
I use my drone for mapping projects hence the long flights. iPad has a few other benefits besides not charging from the controller.
Maybe it has a bad battery? I use a new ipad 5 when I fly and it easily lasts me 6-7 hrs of use. I've never noticed it charging from the controller cable. I typically fly 3-4 batteries per session with my Mavic Pro.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maviclake