DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Ok to update my Mini? Or will i get battery cell error?

Andrewandron

Reactions
My cousin, and many others, got a battery cell error after a Mavic Mini firmware update. I just got a Mini for Christmas. Is it safe to update the firmware? Has this issue been resolved? Does it only occur if you update through the drone itself? I normally update my other Mavics with DJI Assistant 2.
thanks for any help.

Whatever the last update was seems to work well on mine.
May very well be the last one it gets.

I updated yesterday to 0.300, so far there has not been any problems or warnings in two flights related to the AC

However I have been getting the CPU overload messages once at the beginning of each flight before take-off from my Ipad Mini 4
During the flights these error messages have not re-occurrred

Reactions: Andrewandron
First time drone owner and post.
I'm very interested in how some of you made out with this issue. Here's my story.
I purchased my Mini Flymore combo from Walmart prior to the official release. It shipped on Nov 11. I received it on Nov 15. Followed the instruction book, charged the batteries, and began my first drone experience. The first time I fired it up, the first firmware update (.02) automatically installed. Everything went like clockwork. I was very pleased. Flew several times with no problems with any batteries.
On Nov 29, the .03 firmware update showed up when I started a flight. I downloaded it without any fear because of my good experience with the .02 update. When finished, the battery that was in the drone showed an error 30074 and would not take a charge or operate in the drone. No problem at all with the other batteries. I called DJI, and they were of no help over several on-line chats and a telephone call. They had no fix, and were reluctant to help because I purchased it from Walmart. I returned the drone to Walmart, and reordered from DJI. I'm awaiting my Mini delivery.
Needless to say, I'd like to know how you all installed the .03 firmware successfully, as I'm going to be a little cautious this time. Thanks in advance.

The last update on mine was via WiFi.
Went right through. No battery errors.

Reactions: Thomas B
Thanks Starz. Mine was also done over wifi, so perhaps they fixed a problem. This is encouraging.

Thanks for all your input here. It looks like I might be safe to update but I’ll wait a bit longer to see if any more updates come out. If not, I’ll assume it’s fixed.

First time drone owner and post.
I'm very interested in how some of you made out with this issue. Here's my story.
I purchased my Mini Flymore combo from Walmart prior to the official release. It shipped on Nov 11. I received it on Nov 15. Followed the instruction book, charged the batteries, and began my first drone experience. The first time I fired it up, the first firmware update (.02) automatically installed. Everything went like clockwork. I was very pleased. Flew several times with no problems with any batteries.
On Nov 29, the .03 firmware update showed up when I started a flight. I downloaded it without any fear because of my good experience with the .02 update. When finished, the battery that was in the drone showed an error 30074 and would not take a charge or operate in the drone. No problem at all with the other batteries. I called DJI, and they were of no help over several on-line chats and a telephone call. They had no fix, and were reluctant to help because I purchased it from Walmart. I returned the drone to Walmart, and reordered from DJI. I'm awaiting my Mini delivery.
Needless to say, I'd like to know how you all installed the .03 firmware successfully, as I'm going to be a little cautious this time. Thanks in advance.

I always use DJI Assistant 2 via the PC , it's a more fool proof method because of the wired connection to the AC

The mini is a bit quirky, you need open the app and only then connect a mini that has been turned on to the usb for the pc to recognize it

When you update the AC firmware it also updates the battery, if you have more than one battery you may need to do this process each time with a different battery

I got mine yesterday and updated the controller and mini using my laptop with the DJI Assistant for Mavic V2.1.10 No problems at all, went thru first time on both.

I feel confident that I can update mine without issue I guess. It seems that dji fixed the problem.
thsnks.

Thank you all for your help. Still waiting for my mini to be shipped, but I'm confident that I can now update the firmware safely. I think I'll be using Magic Assistant 2. Excellent advise, thanks.

Thank you all for your help. Still waiting for my mini to be shipped, but I'm confident that I can now update the firmware safely. I think I'll be using Magic Assistant 2. Excellent advise, thanks.

That battery error is still showing up on other forums, maybe wait till .0400 to upgrade the firmware

I always use DJI Assistant 2 via the PC , it's a more fool proof method because of the wired connection to the AC

The mini is a bit quirky, you need open the app and only then connect a mini that has been turned on to the usb for the pc to recognize it

When you update the AC firmware it also updates the battery, if you have more than one battery you may need to do this process each time with a different battery

Thanks for the tip about updating the batteries as well. (New Guy)

Thanks for the tip about updating the batteries as well. (New Guy)

If you have a Mavic Mini, the DJI Fly app will prompt you on the entry screen to do a battery firmware upgrade, all you have to do is select the option to do so.
Suggest you run all the batteries you have through this process, you'll need to shut down and restart the DJI Fly each time for it to register that a differnt battery is being used.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Allen25