DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Old guy checking in

65Fly

Reactions
Hi folks, I just joined the forums. I'm a recently retired guy and just got a Mavic Mini and eager to fly it outside as I have knocked over all the vases and ornaments inside. Can anyone suggest a place within 30 mins drive of Bracknell, Berkshire, UK where I can legally fly the Mavic Mini ? Bracknell itself is "congested" and the local parks don't allow drones and the nearby Crown Estate and Forestry Commision don't allow drones and then there is Heathrow airport, Ascot heliport, Broadmoor hospital, Farnborough airport, Aldermaston and Burghfield AWE, and a dozen small airports. I need a space at least 150 metres from buildings to take off and away from uninvolved people and animals. I have registered my Mavic Mini with the CAA and taken/passed the flyer test. I have joined a model aircraft club and have £5m in liability insurance. I have installed NATS and DJI Fly apps and UAV Forecast app. I am all set ... just need a place to fly... please help.

Hi 65Fly welcome to Mavic Pilots.
Sorry can’t help with places to fly in your area apart from any open space without those evil trees or wires’ take it slow & easy until you get familiar with the controls.
Thanks, Yes, apart from all those no fly zones and byelaws there are also loads of evil trees and wires. I have been advised that there might be a tiny spot in Richmond Park, Coastal parts and estuaries owned by the Crown Estate and places like the lake district and Caribbean. All a little more than 30 mins drive. I have thought about buying my own farm in Scotland. - I really want to fly this drone.

I am all set ... just need a place to fly... please help.
Scotland?
Surely must be some farmland near a layby or something, over a river or lake is usually pretty safe and scenic even if it feels more scary.
Take it above the height of trees and cables and gently 'drive' about to get the feel of it.

Welcome to the forum.
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .
Don't be shy and ask anything if you can't find it by searching .Thumbswayup

Sorry a bit late here! But welcome to the forum! Thumbswayup Enjoy!;)

Welcome from Essex. Grab yourself an OS map and I am sure you will find plenty of open spaces with footpaths running through them. Take off from a footpath and fly at will. But as others have said lake it slowly till you get used to flying.
Good luck an yes I have also seen lots of posts saying there is a space in Richmond Park. A search of the forum for Richmond Park might help.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Whitehammer661