DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Omaha, NE

I'd love to fly at Chalco Hills, but haven't gotten the nerve up to contact Millard.
When flown within five miles of an airport, the operator of the model aircraft provides the airport operator or the airport air traffic control tower (when an air traffic facility is located at the airport) with prior notice of the operation. Model aircraft operators flying from a permanent location within five miles of an airport should establish a mutually agreed-upon operating procedure with the airport operator and the airport air traffic control tower (when an air traffic facility is located at the airport). Millard airport is a non-towered airport, therefore you only have to leave a voicemail/email to notify them. I have flown within 5 miles of Millard airport w/o notifying, and a cop drove UNDER my drone while landing. He didn't do anything thankfully. PHEW.

When flown within five miles of an airport, the operator of the model aircraft provides the airport operator or the airport air traffic control tower (when an air traffic facility is located at the airport) with prior notice of the operation. Model aircraft operators flying from a permanent location within five miles of an airport should establish a mutually agreed-upon operating procedure with the airport operator and the airport air traffic control tower (when an air traffic facility is located at the airport). Millard airport is a non-towered airport, therefore you only have to leave a voicemail/email to notify them. I have flown within 5 miles of Millard airport w/o notifying, and a cop drove UNDER my drone while landing. He didn't do anything thankfully. PHEW.
So, just calling the number for Millard in AirMap would get you to an answering machine? I've seen other model aircraft flown at Chalco Hills before, both motorized and unpowered gliders. I doubt anyone of them is following FAA guidelines. One of these days I will call, just have to decide how much trouble I want to go through to fly my Mavic.

So, just calling the number for Millard in AirMap would get you to an answering machine?
If no one is at the airport. If you get the answering machine and leave a message, that is all you would have to do to fly. I generally do not notify my hometown airport and have had no problems with it.

I called the number listed in Airmap for the Millard airport, 402-661-8000, as I intended to fly the area around my residence within the 5 mile radius. It was answered by Epply Airfield. I told them why I was calling and I was transferred to airport operations. I was asked where, when and expected duration I would be flying and was reminded of the 400ft ceiling. They logged my name, address and phone number for this occasion and future reference.

All in all, a very simple process.

Hello! I will be flying to Omaha in february and wanted to know if there are any new state laws regarding drones that I should be aware of besides the FAA registration and valid TRUST.

Also, is Glacier Creek Preserve considered a State Park? is it lega lto fly in that property?

Thanks!

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada