DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

On board DAT file retrieval

rfc

Reactions
Some time ago @sar posted a link in which @BudWalker showed how to delete DAT files from the A/C using ftp. As I understand it, the reason for doing this is that once the memory on board got full, it stopped recording the most recent files (but I'm not sure of this). I did this routinely with my MPP so that if I ever experienced the need to send a 911 out to either/both of them after a crash, I'd have "the good stuff" that is in the on board DAT to share.

Now with the M2P, my understanding is that these files are encrypted now. Does that mean that I might as well not even do this with the M2P, because the files are useless to us until/unless someone figures out how to decrypt them?

Some time ago @sar posted a link in which @BudWalker showed how to delete DAT files from the A/C using ftp. As I understand it, the reason for doing this is that once the memory on board got full, it stopped recording the most recent files (but I'm not sure of this). I did this routinely with my MPP so that if I ever experienced the need to send a 911 out to either/both of them after a crash, I'd have "the good stuff" that is in the on board DAT to share.

Now with the M2P, my understanding is that these files are encrypted now. Does that mean that I might as well not even do this with the M2P, because the files are useless to us until/unless someone figures out how to decrypt them?

That's correct. They are accessible but unreadable. I'm quite certain that with a few months of solid, 24/7 work, @BudWalker could crack that problem but, for some strange reason, he seems unwilling to do so.

That's correct. They are accessible but unreadable. I'm quite certain that with a few months of solid, 24/7 work, @BudWalker could crack that problem but, for some strange reason, he seems unwilling to do so.
More on the order of a few centuries. I suspect it's 128 bit AES encryption since that was used in DJI's previous, non serious, encryption efforts.

Reactions: sar104
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Inou